forum

[Proposal] Standardize the usage of long version markers

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hivie
I'll keep this short and simple:

currently, we have standardisations for things like short versions, game versions, TV size versions, but not for long versions for some reason.

it would be great to have a standardisation for it to avoid inconsistencies between long version songs, because currently nothing prohibits you from ranking Long version and [Long Ver.] and ~Long Version~ (etc) which is a metadata mess in itself.

I propose to change this following standardisation:
- If a song title contains short or game version markers, the markers must be standardized to (Short Ver.) and (Game Ver.) respectively.

to this:
If a song title contains short, long or game version markers, the markers must be standardized to (Short Ver.), (Long Ver.) and (Game Ver.) respectively.
Ideal
sounds good to me
Purplegaze
If Long Ver. is standardized, should Full Ver. be too? Extended Ver./Mix? Movie Ver.? There are so many different "version" markers used in ranked songs already, and Long Ver. doesn't seem to be anywhere near as common as TV Size and Short/Game Ver. How do we decide which ones are important enough to put under such a rule?
SaltyLucario

Purplegaze wrote:

There are so many different "version" markers used in ranked songs already, and Long Ver. doesn't seem to be anywhere near as common as TV Size and Short/Game Ver.
tbh any marker is more common than the already standarized game ver so
even if they werent, all of those markers should be standarized anyway
@hivie why not cover all of them with this proposal? it will be that much more convienient instead of seperate thread for each

as for the topics Long Ver, there should be exception for songs with edgy long ver. names (notably camellia), would be dumb to delete so much from title for sake of standarization so for them i'd only standarize changing ver. to Ver.
no idea how to sensibly put that in rc tho (or maybe it wouldnt be needed? but standarization points are rules so)
pishifat
looking through recently ranked maps with long ver/version in their title, i think this might be too infrequent to really be worth standardizing
+ the thing saltylucario said -- i dont think anyone would want to standardize camellia's cool names LOL
+ thread has nearly been inactive for nearly a year, so gonna archive this

if there's a need for this in the future (or a proposal for standardizing all markers like mentioned above), it'd be worth making a new thread so people can offer fresh opinions