forum

[Archived] Sub forums not being correctly labeled as "Read"

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
deadbeat
I read every post in Announcements, Skinning, Feature Requests and ML, but for some reason, the sub forums are being labeled as "unread"

though if i click the Mark current forum read button, or the Mark all read button, then the sub forums appears as read

using the latest version of Chrome
Kokatsu
Using Firefox, can confirm.

Some forums are still marked as "unread" even after pressing "mark current/mark all as read".
HeatKai
using chrome, happens to me too.
I checked every thread in malaysian but the unread label won't change unless I press "Mark current forum read button"
peppy
This is correct behaviour. I changed it. Please mark manually if you see the need to.
Luna
May I ask why this is intended or why you changed it in the first place? It makes no sense.
Makar
I wonder the same - it was nice for me to know when I have read all posts or have new posts. Having to mark it manually is kinda tedious since you won't know if you read everything. If you are going to make this forced, I'd suggest at least making a "view new posts" option in subforums.
peppy
I changed it because phpbb's method of marking was horribly inefficient. I might reimplement it at some point, or maybe not.
Topic Starter
deadbeat
inefficient how? it seemed to me like it was working just fine. ;__; oh well, hopefully you'll consider adding it back at some point
peppy
Notice how the forums are fast now? Yeah.
Kodora
omg, forums really become faster, thank you peppy!
Topic Starter
deadbeat
well, seeing as this is intended, should i just mark this as invalid?
or keep it open for future use in case you do try re-implement it?