forum

Loss of spin speed?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
iWhorse
First day i got my intuos5, i was able to spin ~470. Now i'm down to 290.
Same area, settings, tablet position, etc.

What do you think it is?
& wat do
Lust
Try spinning counter clockwise.
Full Tablet
How is that possible?
Topic Starter
iWhorse

Full Tablet wrote:

How is that possible?
Lol, uhh...

No idea.

Side Pocket wrote:

I already do spin counter clockwise.
Kitsunemimi
Spinning is a muscle memory thing, you kind of just have to figure it out, right?

For example, try using your fingers more, try tensing up your arm to the max and going all out on the pen, etc.
The most you can do if you can't remember how you spun 470 is to stick with your new default spinning technique and try your hardest to maximize RPM.
Pettanko
Visualize yourself becoming one with the pen. Not as a tool you're wielding, but as an extension of your fingers.

Be the pen.
kriers

iWhorse wrote:

First day i got my intuos5, i was able to spin ~470. Now i'm down to 290.
Same area, settings, tablet position, etc.
A few reasons I can think of:

You got lazy. And this is actually quite normal once you get into playing, you lean towards what's comfortable to you, rather than what would give you the best results. Remember that nobody spins 470 effortlessly, but being used to the high tension it takes to spin fast certainly helps.

Your 470 spinning may have been a fluke. By that, I mean your 470 spinning relied upon a factor which you did not mention before. Your arm position where you could utilize 470 spins and the arm position that you gradually switched to in order to play more comfortably. This also means you can't use that 470 technique, which sadly might not work for playing in the first place.

Please remember that spinning fast is not an easy feat for most, and it takes patience and continuous effort to prevent your muscles from unlearning how to max spin speed. Taking every spinner seriously goes a long way.
Amefuri Koneko
Maybe you played relax on your first day? This mode makes spinners easier.
Qplayer

Pettanko wrote:

Visualize yourself becoming one with the pen. Not as a tool you're wielding, but as an extension of your fingers.

Be the pen.
I use a mouse. What do?
Royston

Xplayer1 wrote:

I use a mouse. What do?
NixXSkate

Royston wrote:

big-ass hands
Callum
~
Full Tablet

Callum Melville wrote:

Side Pocket wrote:

Why would this help? I'm curious..
It's only about preference really.

Do you manage to spin fast with your tablet set in lefty mode? I normally plant the side of my hand when spinning fast in the tablet, and the glossy part is too sticky for that...
Oinari-sama
Maybe he's spinning off centre?
Kitsunemimi

kriers wrote:

A few reasons I can think of:

You got lazy. And this is actually quite normal once you get into playing, you lean towards what's comfortable to you, rather than what would give you the best results. Remember that nobody spins 470 effortlessly, but being used to the high tension it takes to spin fast certainly helps.

[...]

Please remember that spinning fast is not an easy feat for most, and it takes patience and continuous effort to prevent your muscles from unlearning how to max spin speed. Taking every spinner seriously goes a long way.
This is basically what I was trying to say but completely failed to do. It's almost always this, it's exactly what happened to me, and it's very natural when you start playing a game for a long time.
Callum
~
Knarf

Xplayer1 wrote:

Pettanko wrote:

Be the pen.
I use a mouse. What do?
Be the mouse.
Da Holy One
Heycan anyone post a video of how to spin? I just grip the pen and move my wrist and fingers. I dont understand how people can use thier whole arm to spin
Callum
~
GoldenWolf
Lust

Callum Melville wrote:

Side Pocket wrote:

Why would this help? I'm curious..
What I meant to say ways spin in a way opposite of how you nomally spin.
Winshley

This is only when I have mood on spinning, and having a good table. I had to spin while my arm is floating (as in my arm going off the table), because I'd spin slower if I lay my whole arm down to table.