forum

Bancho disconnecting me every few minutes. [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
lolcubes
Just as the title says.

I have been having this issue for at least a week now and I am unable to solve it. I am using another router now but I am having same issues.

I have called my ISP and explained the problem and best they could do was to connect me to another central, however that didn't help either.

I already did a traceroute to cho.ppy.sh and it doesn't look like anything could be the cause here.

I am at a loss, I am aware it could be on my end, but I just have no idea what or why. Everything else seems to be working.
Kitokofox
Enter the command ipconfig /all

Also, to copy paste text from the cmd window, right click, select mark, then highlight what you want to copy, then click the highlighted text. You can then paste it here.

Getting all the information you can out there helps.

Meanwhile, you should probably call for a technician to check the modem and wall socket to check for problems with the wiring.
Topic Starter
lolcubes
I don't understand how is the wiring the cause of this, because only Bancho does this.
Calling a technician costs money here and I don't think he can really help me (except checking the copper pairings in the street, which still doesn't explain why only Bancho does this). :p

Kitokofox
The only reasonable cause I can see as an issue is either a problem with a backbone somewhere (which would be pretty rare) which you'd probably have to check with people local to you, or there's something odd with the ISP (Which is also even more rare) I'm not a complete network wizard, but those two are very possible problems that I can't really rule out. The sad thing is, in both cases, there's not really much you can do to fix it. :'(

Other than that, I don't really have an explanation, other than something up with Bancho itself. Reminds me of my friend's Minecraft server doing that to me one time for no reason. It lagged me out of the game multiple times, but everyone else was fine. And this only applied to that one server.

In addition, there's something called "node preference". When transferring netdata, some services will send to the first node first and then the later ones. Which means, in times of lag, the higher node clients may get kicked off in sacrifice for the first nodes. Winsock is most diabolical about this.
Topic Starter
lolcubes
Ok, latest update. When I spectate others, I disconnect every 2~5 minutes at random.

However, when I play alone without spectating others, I get disconnected after ~20 min.

Weird.
Topic Starter
lolcubes
Invalidating this. The issue was solved.

Some ISP issues which were "invisible" until I started phoning them about every single detail haha.
Eastern Europe internet <3
Kitokofox
Don't worry, Toronto internet is just as dumb. :B
Glad you found the problem, too! Technically this was your issue and it was very real, so you don't have to mark it as invalid. :)