forum

[Mapping Contest] Mapping to Pander Contest #4 (Results are here!)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Uberzolik

Looking for the results? Click here!

Looking for the previous contest? Click here!

Want to stay informed about M2P? Join the Community Beatmapping Contest server here!

Welcome back!

It's time for the return of Mapping to Pander! Hope ya missed me.

For those unaware, Mapping to Pander (M2P) is an experimental contest with two primary features: there is only one judge, and you may map any song.

Your goal in this contest is simple: you must create a map that panders best to the chosen judge for the contest. The judge will not be given any criteria; it will be up to them how they score and rank the entries, either by making their own criteria, or simply sorting them from best to worst.

Each iteration of the contest will have a different judge, with different tastes and criteria from the last.
If you wish to be a judge for future rounds of this contest, do let me know!

There will be a few rules to abide by, but for the most part you are free to submit whatever song and map you desire.

Judge

The judge for this iteration of the contest needs no introduction; if you've been mapping for any length of time, you surely already know them. It is...
Skystar!

You may be wondering, how can I participate in this contest? Read below for the details!
Due to the nature of the contest, there's not as many rules as your typical contest, but it is still important that you adhere to them:

Entry Rules

1. osu!standard mode only.
  2. Entries will be anonymized. Please don’t add elements that will reveal your identity to the judge.
  3. Collabs are not allowed.
  4. Entries must obey the ranking criteria.
  5. Entries must not be uploaded to BSS; in other words, it must not be uploaded to the osu! website. This includes maps that you deleted in the past. I will check.
  6. No storyboards or videos.
  7. You must submit only one difficulty.

To Participate

There’s no special requirements to participate. Simply pick out a song and start mapping, and then submit your .osz file via one of the following methods:

1. Send a chat message through the osu! website to Uberzolik with a link to your osz.
  2. Submit directly to Uberzolik#5241 via discord DMs.
You must submit your entry before August 29th 2021 23:59 UTC. Any entries received after this time will be disqualified.
I will only consider the last .osz I receive before the deadline, so please do not submit multiple entries!

Judging Criteria

The judging criteria is determined by the judge. For this iteration, Skystar has stated the following:

Mir wrote:

UndeadCapulet wrote:

pishifat wrote:

“i like maps
it'll really just be how much i like it”
so true
fax, no printer

-Skystar

Rewards

1st Place: 3 months of osu!supporter!
2nd Place: 2 months of osu!supporter and the knowledge that you're good but not the best
3rd Place: 1 month of osu!supporter and a pity headpat

Thanks to Ephemeral for helping sponsor the prizes.

When does it start?

Now! You can pick any song, so there is no set start date. Just make sure to submit before the deadline!

Think you got what it takes to impress someone who's been around for over a decade? Just want to know what your favorite mapper's favorite mapper thinks of your maps? Just remember: the most important thing is to have fun participating!
Fisky
Axaptice
momoyo
captin1
UndeadCapulet
aiq
pw384
ISLAND
Electoz
AIYAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
seros
Lott
Yugu
Mafumafu

恭喜Skystar在Skystar模仿大赛中获得第二名!
-Atri-
Plot twist: This contest is meant to collect gimmicks for Skystar to copy

McEndu
When the judging criteria essentially becomes nesting quotes
Topic Starter
Uberzolik
Good morning!! Results are here.

This time, Skystar has decided to use the pishifat™ method of tiering each entry! They have been tiered ranging from SS to D.

Our winner this round is...
-Atri-!

It seems like vtubers are really taking over everything, huh. Check out their entry here!

Honorable mentions to MeowUsername and UndeadCapulet, who will be taking the 2nd and 3rd place prize, respectively.

I'm sure everyone's curious to see what a fossil like Skystar wrote for each map, so here's the relevant links to see the comments and entries!

Results

Entries

Of course, here's the tier list itself:

The entries, from left to right:

1. SS: -Atri-
  2. S: MeowUsername
  3. A: UndeadCapulet
  4. B: Axaptice, Kyairie
  5. C: KwAIMSuckASFuk, Mafumafu
  6. D: BrokenShine, Respirte, Restart Button

I will be contacting our sponsors and delivering the prizes shortly.

I'm uncertain on when the next run of the contest will be, as we've been steadily going down in participation. If you wish to keep track on when the next round occurs, you can receive notifications in the Community Beatmapping Contest Ecosystem server, accessing the #info channel to get the Mapping to Pander (M2P) role.
Mithia
gratz!!!!
UndeadCapulet
g
-Atri-
:o
Kyairie
great