forum

Why is there no "in progress" skin subforum? [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Aquamarine
Nice implementation of the completed skins subforum; but this forum is still a mess with threads of questions, requests, and dozens of skins that are being worked on.

Also aside from the last four, what's the point of:
It'll only distract people searching for taiko/mania/ctb skins.
chelly
An in-progress sub-forum would mostly lead to an entire section dedicated to abandoned skins.

Not only that, but creating such a sub-forum will encourage users to post incomplete skins, making the forum messier.
Ayesha Altugle
anyone, like Support Team,

This fits more like future request
Topic Starter
Aquamarine

chelly wrote:

An in-progress sub-forum would mostly lead to an entire section dedicated to abandoned skins.

Not only that, but creating such a sub-forum will encourage users to post incomplete skins, making the forum messier.
I'm not sure I understand your reasoning. Actually it doesn't make sense to me at all.
The main forum is filled with mentioned abandoned skins, plus requests, questions, etc. So... toss them all into that subforum... and everything will be more tidy.
Xiao_old

Aquamarine wrote:

As far as I'm aware, changing any of the thread icons will affect the entire BBS. I have not seen a BBS system work otherwise.
TouchFluffyTail
I proposed having a sub-forum for questions and help threads some months ago in feature request. Everyone should make their ideas heard and show support in the merged feature request thread here; t/123773
Jackyyy
Could just go for a sub-forum for questions would be easier cause the rules were that non-skin threads were to be kept out of the forum.
deadbeat

vahn10 wrote:

anyone, like Support Team,

This fits more like future request
i know this already :p
anyway, there isn't a need for this. if there is to be another sub-forum, there are better optioned. moving to feature requests and denying.

Jackyyy wrote:

Could just go for a sub-forum for questions would be easier cause the rules were that non-skin threads were to be kept out of the forum.
i've already tried bringing this up with peppy a while ago, but he proposed the Completed Skins sub-forum instead, so now we have that.

Aquamarine wrote:

Nice implementation of the completed skins subforum; but this forum is still a mess with threads of questions, requests, and dozens of skins that are being worked on.

most of those are used outside of the skinning sub-forum. mostly in the beatmap section
chelly

Aquamarine wrote:

chelly wrote:

I'm not sure I understand your reasoning. Actually it doesn't make sense to me at all.
The main forum is filled with mentioned abandoned skins, plus requests, questions, etc. So... toss them all into that subforum... and everything will be more tidy.
Ah, sorry if it looks weird at a glance. It sounded better in my head.

What I meant was:

Right now, there is no rule going against "incomplete" skins, so we're at a neutral here. It's up to the skinner to decide whether or not they should post their thread. Were we to add an "In-Progress" subforum, we would be leaning toward "it's okay to post incomplete skins as long as they're right here". True, it won't clutter the main section, but it's still encouragement towards incomplete skinning.

tl;dr
Your suggestion in the OP doesn't quite stop people from posting dead skins, it just tells them to "post them somewhere else".