forum

[osu!mania] Keyboard shortcuts for placing notes in editor

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +13
Topic Starter
itsMapleLeaf
As I used to step a lot of charts for SM, I feel that clicking to place every individual note in the editor is a bit of tedious work, rather than being able to press a few keys and have a section mapped out much quicker this way. For example, it's easy to just press three keys simultaneously for a chord, rather than clicking three times in three places. A lot of time is saved in the long run.
Hanyuu
Support! Mapping can be alot quicker with such shortcuts. Maybe use the keys 1 to 8 for this.
Topic Starter
itsMapleLeaf
Probably a combination of another key and 1-8, since 1-4 are currently used for selecting tools.
Crimson Lacryma
Or another free row in the keyboard. If there isn't, just get the one with the least bound keys and toss them somewhere else.

I myself prefer the home row (asdfghjkl;) if 1-8 can't be freed.
weebyboii
this type of beatmap editing is already used in a different game called rhythia so its not like its never been done before. i dont know why this wouldnt have already been added.
yochi0083
"Live Mapping" may offer a solution to this issue.
Press Ctrl + Tab to use live mapping and you can place notes with osu!mania keybinds. Long notes can be placed by holding key and then releasing.