forum

How many times do you play a beatmap before adding mods?

posted
Total Posts
show more
silmarilen

d777b wrote:

one playthrough to be able to dim the background and remove all effects and skins, then hidden or dt/hd. If I could turn off everything from the start, I'd do hidden first time all the time!
get supporter and you can
XGeneral2000
As soon as I think I can FC it with a mod.
she_old
If free mod is on then I just hd or hrhd everything possible on the first try.
Only time I don't add hidden is when there's ar10.86/ar11 involved
DakeDekaane
First time for skimming stacks, then I add HD for the sake of fun, and sometimes DT.
winber1
some days i'm just not feeling it and i don't play mods at all cuz i suck.

other days, when it's around 160 BPM or less I immediately just DT, if more, I might immediately just HR.
If I do play no mod at all before adding mods, then it will generally be around 1-3 tries, otherwise I either would have put mods beforehand already, or I usually don't put mods at all.

thus

pielak213- wrote:

FrzR
If i get comfortable playing beatmaps below 300 bpm, i add HD. Its usually Normal or Hard Diffs. :)
uzzi
Usually I'll try to S/SS a song first. Afterwards I'll HD or HDHR it depending on its CS and AR. I don't normally DT songs, but when i do...

Also FL is worst, I NEVER touch it >=(
Naikaze
Play once, or getting an S first.

Then add HD. Or maybe DT

Then Both.
GoldenWolf
I usually first try DT anything below 150bpm
I don't play HD much, only on a few maps that don't have many stacks
Winshley
Sometimes I play HD right off the bat.

Sometimes I play the map once before going for HD.

If the map is easy enough, I'd go DT right off the bat.

If the OD is low, I play HR without knowing the AR (and changes back only after realizing that the AR is too high for me. :P).

If I had the desire to play HD+FL, I'd play with FL first before going to HD+FL. Sometimes I'd go right off the bat on using HD+FL (and often failed hard in the process xD)

tl;dr: Everything is depending on the map itself.
djjsixpack
Maybe once, then I'll put DT on or HR if it's not dt-able. Hidden makes me rage too much :s
Full Tablet
Play the beatmap about 10 seconds.
If it seems to be easy, restart with HR and/or DT.
If I get a good accuracy and FC (or near FC because random misses), add HD on the next plays.
kriers
This is something I judge by looking at BPM, AR, OD and rating.

I also know most players so I can predict if I'm able to play it DT or not by checking the score list.
Callum
~
Vesrand
If i'm playing with friends or in multiplayer and i see them tend to play hards or normals i can put HR on at 1st try. HD on 1st try only if i know music.

Same. Looks like nobody likes FL :D
Winshley

Vesrand wrote:

Same. Looks like nobody likes FL :D
Well, Flashlight mod is like my love-hate relationship mod. :P
knjiga
If I'm checking a new map, it's either some crazy map that I know will be hard or some recent map that I can potentially rank.

crazy maps I start no mod
potentially rankable maps I start with HR or DT if there are already more then a few DT ranks.
Plushies
For most Hards: HDDT -> HDHR if fail to FC with DT -> HD/nomod if fail to FC with HR.
Insanes I would usually start nomod unless I've seen the map somewhere.

So usually 0 or 1 times for OP's question.
Mythras
Next map after clear or s. Come back later for possible mods. Not a huge fan of mods. Plenty of challenging maps nomod.
Kalas_old
I always start with dt, unless its a approved map.
Sometimes I add hr afterwards.
Genshin
primarily i'm used to ss a map (most of time i rank only if i get 100% acc), then if i've enjoyed it i would go for hr/hd/hd+hr/dt