forum

How many times do you play a beatmap before adding mods?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[ Zan ]
Title, more specifically HD? Curious how many times do people play a beatmap before using mods
Aqo
FC -> HD

Or DT right away

HR is gay
Pawww_old
Once or twice, depends if it has stacked notes etc. :roll:
pielak213
­
Kanye West

pielak213- wrote:

Blaziken

Kanye West wrote:

pielak213- wrote:

chelly
Pass -> FC -> SS, near SS -> HD
silmarilen
depends, lately i've been playing everything with hd on first or second try but normally i dont even try hd at all.
Synchrostar

pielak213- wrote:

HD straight off the bat = fun
JAKACHAN
I pride myself on sight reads so I usually play a map with hidden the second I download it.

I've always done this though and have learned to sight read hard patterns and stacks so for someone who hasn't played as much I would recommend at least playing through the map once or twice before turning it on.

If you want to learn to sight read the right way though just beast through it and teach yourself to sight read Hidden.
Tamako Lumisade
I need to have about 98-100% accuracy to add mods. First, I try DT, but when it's too fast for me, I try HD+HR (And I fc more times with that option than with DT)
d777b
one playthrough to be able to dim the background and remove all effects and skins, then hidden or dt/hd. If I could turn off everything from the start, I'd do hidden first time all the time!
silmarilen

d777b wrote:

one playthrough to be able to dim the background and remove all effects and skins, then hidden or dt/hd. If I could turn off everything from the start, I'd do hidden first time all the time!
get supporter and you can
XGeneral2000
As soon as I think I can FC it with a mod.
she_old
If free mod is on then I just hd or hrhd everything possible on the first try.
Only time I don't add hidden is when there's ar10.86/ar11 involved
DakeDekaane
First time for skimming stacks, then I add HD for the sake of fun, and sometimes DT.
winber1
some days i'm just not feeling it and i don't play mods at all cuz i suck.

other days, when it's around 160 BPM or less I immediately just DT, if more, I might immediately just HR.
If I do play no mod at all before adding mods, then it will generally be around 1-3 tries, otherwise I either would have put mods beforehand already, or I usually don't put mods at all.

thus

pielak213- wrote:

FrzR
If i get comfortable playing beatmaps below 300 bpm, i add HD. Its usually Normal or Hard Diffs. :)
uzzi
Usually I'll try to S/SS a song first. Afterwards I'll HD or HDHR it depending on its CS and AR. I don't normally DT songs, but when i do...

Also FL is worst, I NEVER touch it >=(
Naikaze
Play once, or getting an S first.

Then add HD. Or maybe DT

Then Both.
GoldenWolf
I usually first try DT anything below 150bpm
I don't play HD much, only on a few maps that don't have many stacks
show more