forum

Suggestion to move the "Delete All Visible Beatmaps" option out of the right click menu

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Lucridential
Hi

I suggest to move the "Delete all visible beatmaps" option to it's own setting in the options menu.
This is rather important to me. I almost cried after I thought I deleted all my beatmaps. Luckily, quickly shutting down my pc by removing the powere cord stopped the process and it saved my beatmaps.

Here is why this doesn't just happen to idiots:

You can casually think "I don't like this beatmap" and then, without a single thought you continue
to right click that song, select "delete" option and then you have three options, delete all difficulties,
just one or ALL VISIBLE beatmaps.
Without prior knowledge, you wouldn't think you get the option to delete ALL maps because you just clicked ONE single map. I know it sais "all visible" but when you're browsing through all at the same time, that suddenly means every beatmap you downloaded in the past.

Now, this lead to me thoughtlessly clicking "delete all visible beatmaps". I remembered that I had to click the option that has the word "all" in it to remove all difficulties.

I think we're taking an unnecessary risk by making this an option in the right click menu. I would like to suggest everyone could fall victim to this small mistake. It's the product of carelessness, of just wanting to quickly remove a map. Perhaps the product of a small misunderstanding.

I hope you understand my concerns ^^
THAT_otaku
There is a reason that there is a "Are you sure you want to do this |Yes|No|" That pops up after clicking "Delete ALL VISIBLE beatmaps", it is to stop this sort of thing from happening. The reason why its in the right click menu thing is because "All Visible" doesnt always mean All Of Your Maps, it could just be 5 maps on the screen after searching up Harumachi Clover or something. Its much more convenient to have it the when pruning your beatmap collection, they could add a "Delete ALL Beatmaps" button in the settings I suppose though
abraker
moved from development