forum

Rank players on leaderboard by their UR instead of "first achieved"?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +27
Topic Starter
Gekki
So I'm probably going to get alot of hate for this and that's fine, but...

On lower star rating maps, there are sometimes leaderboards with only HDDTHRFL scores and nothing else. This also means that very often, scores are tied. They then get ranked by "first achieved", as the first person to get the SS stands on top of the leaderboard.

I feel like this kinda lowers the competition on the map, and it just dies out really soon because the scores are already achieved.

Couldn't we just make it a battle between having the lowest UR? Having the best accuracy as possible on every tap could still make it competitive.

This was just an idea and probably won't get looked at, but I still wanted to post this. Thank you for reading!
abraker
moved from development
Farfocele
Good idea, to be honest.
Coou
very good idea actually, keeps even old maps competitive regardless of star difficulty
[RUE]Bambinex
That's actually a pretty good idea, but idk how in the world something like this could be implemented in ctb considering there's no ur, however I would love to see this implemented in other gamemodes.
Topic Starter
Gekki
I assume in ctb this could indeed be an issue (if there are no "spinners" or people got the same amount of points), but I think that's just something we have to accept will happen.
7ambda
Only lb placements with the same score should be differentiated this way, otherwise a reasonable proposal.
Topic Starter
Gekki

J_8579 wrote:

Only lb placements with the same score should be differentiated this way, otherwise a reasonable proposal.
Yeah that's what this is about, just like all the SS 4mod spams on lower star maps.
Patatitta

GekkeHoed124 wrote:

I assume in ctb this could indeed be an issue (if there are no "spinners" or people got the same amount of points), but I think that's just something we have to accept will happen.
I don't think it would work at all in CTB, it probably should keep the current system, but in standard I think it's a pretty good idea, it would avoid having locked in stone maps which would create for more competition
Topic Starter
Gekki

Patatitta wrote:

GekkeHoed124 wrote:

I don't think it would work at all in CTB, it probably should keep the current system, but in standard I think it's a pretty good idea, it would avoid having locked in stone maps which would create for more competition
Yeah, I must agree with that