forum

[Archived] CTB: Constant dashing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Satomame
Hello there,

for a few days, I've been having an issue whenever I'm playing CTB.

The other game modes work just fine, but once I start a game of CTB, the cursor at the bottom will constantly be in dashing mode, despite the fact that I'm not touching the Shift key. Additionately, I will not be able to use the mouse during CTB - I cannot click the "Skip" button, change Visual Setting, nor can I click any of the buttons in the menu.

This problem literally appeared out of nowhere, from one game to the next.

What I have done so far in an attempt to locate the problem:
- Changed the key for dashing - did nothing
- Checked whether or not mouse buttons are enabled - they are
- Reinstalled osu - did nothing

Thank you in advance.
peppy
zune software?
Topic Starter
Satomame
I'm not quite sure what you mean with that.
If you're asking whether or not I'm using that program. - I'm not.
If you're saying I should be using it. - What does it do?
Marcin
He is asking if you're using it by any chance.
However - it would be useful if you could provide list of programs which you're running in background (task bar).
Topic Starter
Satomame
At the moment, I am running:
- Osu
- Google Chrome
- KVIrc
- Notepad++
- Filezilla

I have already been using those when everything was still working normally, though.
Marcin
Also
Topic Starter
Satomame
Nothing else but an anti-virus program. Avira, to be exact.
Marcin
So now, try to turn off KVirc, notepad, filezilla, skype, and avira, and try again if the problem still persists.
If yes - that means there could be a problem with osu! (with so much people having this problem).
If not - that means some of your programs are interfering with osu! - try to restart them one by one, and check which program exactly causes the problem (and report here).
Topic Starter
Satomame
The problem persists even with all of them turned off.
Is this a known issue?
Marcin
Somehow yes t/138085
t/137459
Topic Starter
Satomame
How curious.
Then I guess I better get used to constantly speeding across the screen until somebody figures it out.
Thank you for your time.
TheVileOne
peppy do you know why this would be happening? I really can't think of why this would occur.
zinckingeye
Check if StickKeys are active and the long bar of stickyKey icon near system time is black(shift key will then hold automatically), at the same time you can't use skip. To disable that, uncheck "Turn on sticky keys" from 'set up sticky keys' window. Hope this helps... :)

Topic Starter
Satomame
Unfortunately, StickyKeys wasn't the cause either.
peppy
if you go into the offset wizard (options > audio) and hit the up or down arrow on your keyboard, does it increment by 1 or 5?
Topic Starter
Satomame
It increments by exactly one with both the up and down arrows as well as with the mouse wheel.
peppy
What is your dash key set to in key config then?
karma_komodo
This also happened to me while using a laptop with windows XP, it sometimes works correctly, and sometimes gets stuck on dash. Check if using Double time changes anything as this happened to me once i activated DT (could be only coincidence).
Topic Starter
Satomame
@peppy
It is currently set to LShift again, but I've been putting it on random other keys to try and see if it works, including LCtrl, different letters and 1.

@ArmandoR
Unfortunately, that did nothing.
peppy
It is stuck no matter what you choose as your binding?
karma_komodo
Since the fisrt time this happened to you, it has not fixed? It never returned to normal? What about trying to connect another USB keyboard?
Topic Starter
Satomame
@peppy
That's correct.

@ArmandoR
It suddenly became like that and hasn't changed back ever since. I do not have another keyboard available at the moment, but I can try should I be able to procure one.
peppy
Wow, that is just weird then. Could you try using a default config (rename osu!.<username>.cfg so you have a backup) and see if it still happens?
Topic Starter
Satomame
Neither using a default osu!.cfg nor osu!.<username>.cfg fixed the issue.
As I've mentioned in the first post, the problem persisted even after a complete reinstall.
Marcin

Satomame wrote:

As I've mentioned in the first post, the problem persisted even after a complete reinstall.
Small note:
Reinstall doesn't fix anything ever.
/me goes back to his caveness.
Angivare
Don't forget the bug is also causing mouse problems..
TheVileOne

Marcin wrote:

Satomame wrote:

Small note:
Reinstall doesn't fix anything ever.
/me goes back to his caveness.
This is an incorrect statement.

Your left mouse button is also responsible for dashing. Does it still dash when your mouse/tablet is unplugged?
Topic Starter
Satomame
I'm on a laptop, but neither unplugging the mouse nor deactivating the touch pad yields the desired result.
VelperK
I think it should be good to confirm this bug, as there are a lot of ppl who are having it (including myself)
Topic Starter
Satomame
Update:
Reinstalling my touch pad drivers seems to have fixed the problem for me. Everything seems to be functioning normally again.
I cannot reproduce how this affected anything, though, seeing as the problem persisted before even with the touch pad deactivated.