forum

Remove white background in avatar

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +70
show more
Aqo
This has been bothering me for a while too.

Kinda waited to get used to it but it's not happening. Previous style was much better looking
Mithos
(237,235,250) is the RGB color for the forum background. It's a simple edit in photoshop, especially if the picture was transparent before.
Jinxy

Mithost wrote:

(237,235,250) is the RGB color for the forum background. It's a simple edit in photoshop, especially if the picture was transparent before.
For me, the point is that there's still a white square border around it even if you change the colours, which still clashes with the transparent-style avatars. Also, any avatar that isn't 128 wide looks pretty bad with an uneven border, like yours.
Rotte
I think the white-background in ava is looked bad.
darkmiz
Yeah I think the white background doesn't look good, please make them transparent like the old forum behavior.
Nathanael
This thread has not yet marked as invalid. <.<

peppy wrote:

Not changing this for now, sorry.
Anyway, it may look bad for others who has a custom border for their avatars.
IMO, it was just looking good.
Wishy
Enforcing stuff users don't like but you do is the way to go.

I didn't really notice at all tbh and I don't think the new style is bad, couldn't care less about this anyways.
FrzR
Based on what i've seen so far, most requests needs toggle. o3o
deadbeat

Fr33z3R wrote:

Based on what i've seen so far, most requests needs toggle. o3o
there should be no need for a toggle for this request
boat
It doesn't really matter to me but it's silly to enforce this when those who want it could very easily just add it to their avatars themselves
Stefan
At all I would like to hear the reason for this change from peppy. Then I am satisfied. It doesn't really hurt that we have the white background but it looks like a lot people is it worth to have a transparent background, for whatever reason.
peppy
design choice.
Flanster
Fine as is. Stop wasting your efforts on transparent images.
XPJ38
iirc there used to be a transparent background when the new profile page style was applied, but the thick white border made it weird. It was like looking at a regular photo frame but seeing the color of the wall it is fixed to instead of white where the photo had holes in it or was too small for the frame. It is fine as it is now.
Wishy
This looks better design wise for me, it's a shame you can't just choose to have an avatar the way you like tho.
Stefan

peppy wrote:

design choice.
Okay then. Sounds fair enough. It's actually better since it's easier to have a "transparent" background (it has to be from now white which is often way easier to get)
Nathanael
To be honest, I do like how osu! was designed.
Having different types of borders for the avatars makes a forum tainted.
darkmiz
Good, you can't see my avatar on the forums anymore!
Flanster

darkmiz wrote:

Stefan

darkmiz wrote:

derp i cri