forum

[WARNING] If You Have A PS3, Don't Update If You Haven't Yet

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Outsanity
http://kotaku.com/dont-update-your-ps3-today-514213464

They are saying firmware 4.45 will result in your PS3 stuck on the sparkles and ribbon.
There's a link in the article that goes to the PS forums and it seems to happen to everyone or anyone who upgraded the HDD.

So, either way, I'd be careful just in case anyways until Sony fixes it.

"PlayStation 3 firmware update 4.45 seemed simple enough; according to the changelog, the main addition was the ability to opt-out of notifications upon receiving a Trophy." - http://www.inquisitr.com/794330/ps3-fir ... LZEVxfY.99

[EDIT]: Sony has a thread on the forums that they will edit when the update to fix the issue is released.
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/ ... #U40721809

[EDIT 2]: If your system was corrupted, do NOT do anything to the hard drive. It's better to wait it out and when the new update comes out on the 27th, install it via safemode.
Seibei4211
Oh, uh, whoops. Already updated it, but nothing happened.
Topic Starter
Outsanity

Seibei4211 wrote:

Oh, uh, whoops. Already updated it, but nothing happened.
I heard some people were safe from the update but this is bad. And to think the PS4 will auto update the firmware (or at least I think they said it will).

I assume when they firmware fix update is out, you can install that via USB and it should be fixed but, we'll have to wait for Sony to get all the hate emails in the morning.
awp
they pulled the bad firmware pretty quick

my policy of never updating my firmware on time paid off yet again
Topic Starter
Outsanity

awp wrote:

they pulled the bad firmware pretty quick
Yeah sadly not fast enough.

awp wrote:

my policy of never updating my firmware on time paid off yet again
A thing like this has seriously made me question the way PS4 will deal with auto-updating firmware unless there will be an option do to it manually.
Mianki
Going a bit off topic here but I've been thinking about making a "Video Game News" thread where you can discuss the latest video game news (like this one or the Xbox One policy changes) and post trailers of upcoming games etc. Would that be a good thread?
Ekaru

Mianki wrote:

Going a bit off topic here but I've been thinking about making a "Video Game News" thread where you can discuss the latest video game news (like this one or the Xbox One policy changes) and post trailers of upcoming games etc. Would that be a good thread?
It'd be horribly unorganized if it included *all* the video game news. But, having one just for hardware-related news would probably be a good idea, especially since there'll likely be plenty of that as the new gen approaches.
awp
This thread, however, would have been fine in the Playstation Club thread (formerly Playstation 3 Club)
Ivalset
Mm, I kind of disagree. As a point of discussion, sure, it could belong there, but as a warning to other ps3 owners, having it buried in a 150 something page thread doesn't do that much good.
Topic Starter
Outsanity
Also, they announced there will be a fix on the 27th if your system was messed up.
Topic Starter
Outsanity

Ivalset wrote:

Mm, I kind of disagree. As a point of discussion, sure, it could belong there, but as a warning to other ps3 owners, having it buried in a 150 something page thread doesn't do that much good.
Yeah I agree. This is more of a service announcement and getting buried would leave people in the dust but, I would say maybe post the link in there or maybe they have already seen the post by now.
Topic Starter
Outsanity