forum

tried mapping for the first time, not sure if something is wrong

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kon kon nanachi
I was bored and decided to make a map without having any experience with the editor or mapping in any rhythm game.
I thought I did an ok job syncing the notes to the music but my friend told me that the timings were bad. (I can totally see that being an issue for the intro of the map, but I found the rest to be fine, personally)

Obviously it isn't an amazing map by any means, but I was wondering if there was a reason the timings would seem off to someone else.

I tried to sync the map to the vocals of the song, which I'm really not sure if that's what I'm supposed to do or not. i'd appreciate it if anyone could help!

map in question; beatmapsets/1538287#osu/3145181
WitherMite
Your offset is a bit over 100ms late, try 1818 instead, then go through and resnap everything, you have most of what should be on white and red ticks on blue because your timing was so late.

dont time to vocals, try to time to instruments, preferrably ones with little lead in like percussion. vocals both have human error and have a long lead in to the peak of the sound, making it really difficult to time to them.
Zelzatter Zero
The BPM is fine but you put the timing point 1/4 tick later. Offset 1811 will work way better.

It's not just about the objects syncing with the music fine, you have to ensure the BPM and offset match the song as well. You can literally see all ranked maps for references.
Topic Starter
kon kon nanachi

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

The BPM is fine but you put the timing point 1/4 tick later. Offset 1811 will work way better.

It's not just about the objects syncing with the music fine, you have to ensure the BPM and offset match the song as well. You can literally see all ranked maps for references.

WitherMite wrote:

Your offset is a bit over 100ms late, try 1818 instead, then go through and resnap everything, you have most of what should be on white and red ticks on blue because your timing was so late.

dont time to vocals, try to time to instruments, preferrably ones with little lead in like percussion. vocals both have human error and have a long lead in to the peak of the sound, making it really difficult to time to them.
ooh, thanks
I had no idea what that offset thing did and thought it was like the hit offset you'd use ingame
after a bit of research I understand how it works a bit better now