forum

[Archived] Game Stuttering on Map Start

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
elekCS
Problem details:

On the majority of maps that don't have any downtime at the start, my game tends to stutter for a brief moment right as the first note's hit circle comes in. This only happens after retrying a beatmap and not after selecting it from the menu.

I have tried running different resolutions, frame limiters, and settings, but nothing has worked for me so far. I have also tried different osu! patches, but everything led to the same issue. I am running osu! on high priority with a GTX 1060 GPU, i7-8700 CPU and 16GB of RAM. There doesn't seem to be a difference if I play on different drives either.

This problem can be very annoying, especially if the map starts with a burst or stream. If anyone has any ideas or encountered the issue themselves, please let me know :)

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

https://medal.tv/clips/44A5Nu9pZUSfk/XU2S419nn4sv

osu! version: Cutting Edge 20210802
Dntm8kmeeatu
Stop running osu! on high priority.

What's your universal offset set to in the options menu?
Topic Starter
elekCS

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Stop running osu! on high priority.

What's your universal offset set to in the options menu?
I've tried running the game at the normal priority level but nothing changed. I have also never touched the universal offset and it is still set to 0ms.

I tried to reinstall osu! today but the problem continues to happen.
THAT_otaku
Does this still happen with the default skin?
See if it still happens with all other applications closed too
Dean Herbert
I've had this issue as well, I still haven't found a way to fix it but if I do I'll post it here. It's really inconsistent and can make the first note nearly impossible to hit a 300 on
Dntm8kmeeatu

RhymesWithMash wrote:

I've had this issue as well, I still haven't found a way to fix it but if I do I'll post it here. It's really inconsistent and can make the first note nearly impossible to hit a 300 on
What have you tried exactly?
Dean Herbert

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

RhymesWithMash wrote:

What have you tried exactly?
The following does not fix it:
reloading skin
changing skin (including to default)
offset changes
restarting osu/computer

I haven't really tried to fix it, I usually just deal with it and can expect it after a couple retries.

Here's a video of it, though I don't know if you can see it happening here. It's a lot more dramatic than it looks lol
https://youtu.be/eepv-svjO80
Topic Starter
elekCS

THAT_otaku wrote:

Does this still happen with the default skin?
See if it still happens with all other applications closed too
The problem still persists with the default skin and every other skin that I have tried.

With just osu! open on my computer the problem still happens. I have also scanned my computer for any malware, but this problem has happened for as long as I can remember.
bird on osu
I get the same issue occasionally, it doesn't seem to happen often but it will randomly happen on some maps when I retry.

I don't get this issue when there is a break at the start of a map, it must be happening during the break or something.

9700k, GTX 1080, 32gb ram, osu installed on Hard drive (not ssd).