forum

[Archived] Missing user configuration and Intel ICD issues..

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
myuniis
Problem details:

I've had this issue for quite some time now where my Osu! won't open because the program has an OpenGL ES Error. I found a YouTube video to fix this problem but it requires editing the user configuration (.cfg file) which I don't have on my desktop?? I have no clue what to do to resolve this, so any suggestions would be great.

The pop-up says "Can't find the name of intel ICD OpenGL Driver"

osu! version: Stable 20210208.2
Death
No idea what YouTube video you found, but I assume it was asking you to edit an "osu!.<username>.cfg" file. If that file doesn't exist, you'll need to create it yourself. Follow the steps I wrote in this post and you should be able to get it working.
Topic Starter
myuniis

Death wrote:

No idea what YouTube video you found, but I assume it was asking you to edit an "osu!.<username>.cfg" file. If that file doesn't exist, you'll need to create it yourself. Follow the steps I wrote in this post and you should be able to get it working.
Although I do remember the reason why I have this problem is because I enabled compatibility in the settings, I tried doing what the post said but it didn't work, so maybe there's something wrong with my driver?

Driver version: 21.20.16.4550
Date: 11/11/2016

Thank you for your time!
Dntm8kmeeatu
What exactly did you do?
Topic Starter
myuniis

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

What exactly did you do?
Well,, I turned on compatibility mode in the settings a while ago, which caused my osu to crash, so I tried opening osu again and saw that pop-up.

I updated my intel which didn't change anything - at least not from my knowledge. I tried reinstalling osu! again after deleting the old files and beatmaps (which I realize now might've been a bad idea).
Dntm8kmeeatu
If you enabled the option, you have a cfg file then. Those steps wouldn't be the correct ones exactly, since that assumes you do not have one. Instead you would need to edit the one you already have. If you ignore everything about making the file, and just finding it/editing it. It should work.

Can you send us a screenshot of your osu! folder?
Topic Starter
myuniis

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

If you enabled the option, you have a cfg file then. Those steps wouldn't be the correct ones exactly, since that assumes you do not have one. Instead you would need to edit the one you already have. If you ignore everything about making the file, and just finding it/editing it. It should work.

Can you send us a screenshot of your osu! folder?
I think I deleted my old osu folder, but I'm not 100% sure, so I manually made a new folder while making the cfg file.
I searched on my desktop for files named 'osu!', but all that came up was the (reinstalled) osu application and the osu file and the cfg file I made.
Dntm8kmeeatu
Well, where is the .exe located?
You need to add the cfg file in whatever folder the game is running from, not some random other folder.
Topic Starter
myuniis

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Well, where is the .exe located?
You need to add the cfg file in whatever folder the game is running from, not some random other folder.
Both the .exe and .cfg are located in the same folder