forum

osu! restarting when exited if there's an update [confirmed] [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yomawaru
When it's indicated on the main menu that there's an update available, trying to exit osu! by X'ing out plainly results in osu! starting back up after having applied the update. Shouldn't it be restricted to when and if the notification is clicked, just applying and staying shut down otherwise on close? Not sure if it does the same if osu! is exited by hitting exit in the menu, as I have yet to have the chance to check.

Either way; this doesn't present much of an issue since most of the time one gets notified mid-session and so it's an easy task to restart and continue, but it's happened at least a couple times that I intend to end my osu!-session, I see there's an update but I wish not to restart osu! for that, yet it fires back up on exit anyway.

It's a minor inconvenience, but I question whether or not it's intended behavior.
TicClick

Mystia Lorelei wrote:

Not sure if it does the same if osu! is exited by hitting exit in the menu
It does. At least this is what I experienced yesterday when trying to quit with an update pending.

I also believe this is not intended.
Aleks719
yeah, had same behavior of osu already twice (so, in two last updates). confirmed
Kitokofox
This is probably because before the in-game updates, osu! would boot osu!me to update itself after osu! forces itself to exit. But since osu!me isn't necessary anymore, it will just start itself all over again. Perhaps it's an unused part of code that's causing this.
peppy
Fixed for next build.
Aleks719
guess it was next build. but game is restarted again instead of being closed