forum

Pause/Mute button in Song Select [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +30
Topic Starter
0_o
When I'm in song select and I'm browsing through maps on the site (or browsing through general audio.. stuff), I find it annoying having to exit out to the main menu to pause the song. So it'd be nice if there was a pause/mute button on the top right of Song Select so you don't have to.
anonymous_old
I agree, but in Vista and 7 you can use the audio control panel to mute osu!.
rust45
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
0_o

rust45 wrote:

strager wrote:

Yeah, but if you want to stop the music it won't work, I support this though.
That and there are still some of us who use XP :P
rust45

0_o wrote:

rust45 wrote:

strager wrote:

Yeah, but if you want to stop the music it won't work, I support this though.
That and there are still some of us who use XP :P
:D Yeah, I don't like vista that much either.
Derekku
+ Support. There's a pause button in Multiplayer, so I don't see why one can't be put in other places. :P
anonymous_old

Derekku Chan wrote:

There's a pause button in Multiplayer
Where?

Also, I was not implying that everyone uses Vista or 7 or should use them. I'm just stating a workaround until this gets added.
Derekku

strager wrote:

Derekku Chan wrote:

There's a pause button in Multiplayer
Where?

Also, I was not implying that everyone uses Vista or 7 or should use them. I'm just stating a workaround until this gets added.
In multiplayer rooms. I should've specified, oops.
Gens
+1, though I think this should be low priority for the moment.
qlum
support +1
Gabi
support for sure i have been wanting this for a while
Topic Starter
0_o
bump
tieff
Support.
Fwenny
Totally agree.
Kitsunemimi
Then we need to change the key binding for it. F1-F3 are occupied in the song select screen and if we're going to have this feature, then the key bindings must come along with it. This presents pretty messed up problems. We'll have to move frame limiter toggle, chat, extended chat, and screenshot to F4-F7. Then, The actual play keys will be F8-F12 (we won't need a change song to). However, many people won't notice this at first, and their key bindings in their settings will overlap the play keys. A very unlikely happening unless we can somehow hack them to change their keybindings according to new "defaults" or eliminate the play key shortcuts in total. Speaking of which:

Th3w-san wrote:

-Add support for keyboard media buttons. Occasionally I'll have osu! running minimized just to play music while I'm doing something else, and it'd be much nicer if I could just mash the Pause or Skip key on my keyboard instead of getting my ears raped by several seconds of U.N Owen while I wait for osu! to maximize and let me click the little Stop button. :P
This is probably less of a problem for people who play windowed...
A neat feature to have to add to the hell of it all. I'm pretty sure this isn't going to happen very easily, unless we can find a better way.
Gabi
do you HAVE to mess with the function keys? cant you just put a pause button somewhere like there is in multiplayer?
Derekku
I say add both a button that you can press on the screen AND a customizable toggle key.
Sleep Powder
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Derekku
Toggle keys to lower volume would be nice too XP
TheVileOne
Seriously needed....
jemhuntr

TheVileOne wrote:

Seriously needed....
same here.
jemhuntr
bump! resolved!
AGRX
+1 Support need a way to simply mute volume
deadbeat
way to bump a resolved topic :p

i think i'll just lock this to prevent further bumps
Winshley
Just in case if anyone haven't noticed, you can turn up/down volume in Song Select by holding Ctrl+Shift, and then use Up arrow/Down arrow/mouse wheel. ;)

This also applies to anywhere that makes mouse wheel unusable to adjust volume, including map editor.