forum

Does overclocking 125 Hz mouse polling rate help?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
yoyomster
I'm using the Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical 1.1A to play this game. It has 125 Hz polling rate.
I suppose this means that the mouse sends information about it's position to the CPU about 125 times/second.
It would seems this is enough, but I've heard this polling rate is too low to play FPS.
My mouse is 400 DPI and Windows mouse sensitivity is set to 6/11 so I am moving my mouse quite a lot, but I'm comfortable playing this way.

Since accurate mouse movement matters in osu! as well, I've been thinking that increasing polling rate in order to reflect mouse movement more accurately in-game could help with playing, especially if you're playing with low mouse sensitivity.

Are there people who've done this and would recommend it?
Full Tablet
TakuMii
Using a higher polling rate does make a noticeable difference in responsiveness, but I'd advise overclocking your mouse too much (as they weren't designed to handle high polling rates). I used to have an Intellimouse Optical 1.1A, and I stuck with 250Hz without much problem.
Topic Starter
yoyomster
Thanks for the advice :)
I"ll try overclocking to 250Hz then and see where it gets me.

EDIT: YAY, it worked! :) I've overclocked my mouse to 500Hz and passed Yousei Teikoku - Wahrheit (Saten) for the first time! I always used to fail this after 20 seconds or so.