forum

I Just Found A Game Changing Program For Mappers

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
wishies
I found a website that accurately shows the BPM for many songs that can be found mapped in osu! I tried it with Last Surprise -Scramble-, Happppy song, Yomi Yori, Remote Control, and Like Flames. All were perfectly correct. If this was already linked somewhere on a form please let me know!

https://songbpm.com/

Hope you found this helpful!
lewski
its not much of a game changer lol timing single bpm songs is really easy
NekoTowel

lewski wrote:

True, however if there are programs that can make red-lines automatically, for instance like in beatmapsets/702531#osu/1486561 , it will sure save a ton of time. Personally to make timings for song/pieces with rubato I will go in audacity, look at the Spectogram (since more visual), then look for Start and Length of section, and find BPM of a section using math:
Here it's around 87.527 to three decimal place
(no. of beats)*60000/(time in milliseconds)

Which as you can see, it takes forever. But if a tool like this are to exist, I would imagine it requiring lots of deep learning and are limited to only a few genres.
Topic Starter
wishies

lewski wrote:

i beg to differ, many beginner mappers struggle to get into mapping because timing the songs are hard for them (unless you can copy paste timings from a ranked map) this may not help experienced mappers that much, but it certainly makes it easy for beginners. :)
aiq
ngl searching for the bpm online instead of trying to time it yourself feels like running away from the problem rather than "solving" it
Zelzatter Zero
There are two most important factors in timing which is BPM and offset. The one you claimed "game changer" only solves the BPM problem, and the most basic one at that, while in reality what most beginner mappers struggle the most was how to adjust the offset, which basically you only have yourself to rely on at all.

Moreover, this can be inaccurate when facing more complex situation. Nhelv, for instance, they said it's 176 BPM, when actually it's 175.89 BPM.

It's not a game changer. This is just a tool to help you in timing to make it easier, not something that is able to skip the process completely.