forum

[resolved] I wanna stream but i cant

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NeoCollinsTTV
I Just have a question its not a problem with the game or anythin' i just wanna know. So i have a bad laptop but i wanna stream osu is there a way for me to do that? what should i do in the settings to make the stream run smoother? when i stream the game starts to lag worse than it already did before i started the stream how should i make this better?

osu! version: Stable 20210520.2 (latest)
Dntm8kmeeatu
If your game is already lagging before attempting to stream, I think it's safe to say you will not be able to stream regardless of settings.
Topic Starter
NeoCollinsTTV
i mean it doesn't lag all the time its only when i have to many tabs open
Dntm8kmeeatu
Well, what CPU/Laptop do you have? I assume you are using OBS.
If your laptop has a IGPU (Probably does) you can likely take advantage of QuickSync to offload some of the encoding to the GPU.
Only other thing I can suggest is trying to stream at a lower resolution, and very,super,ultrafast CPU h264 preset/encoding profile.
Topic Starter
NeoCollinsTTV
what is a IGPU? I have a ASUS Laptop
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-7100U CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
is what it says in the CPU thing
I dont know much about computers sorry
Dntm8kmeeatu
IGPU is Integrated Graphics Processing Unit. Aka, Just a Graphics Card/Chipset built into a CPU instead of being on a dedicated card. Most, if not all Intel mobile CPU's have one.

(Yours has Intel® HD Graphics 620)
euby

neo_collins wrote:

what is a IGPU? I have a ASUS Laptop
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-7100U CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
is what it says in the CPU thing
I dont know much about computers sorry
sorry to break it to you bud, even with a dedicated gpu, that intel i3 will struggle to keep up.
streaming takes up lot of resources.

with proper settings on obs, you might be able to record your gameplay though =)
Topic Starter
NeoCollinsTTV
ah i see thank you, well last question. what settings should i use?
euby

neo_collins wrote:

ah i see thank you, well last question. what settings should i use?
look up on youtube ^^