forum

Werewolf Game 3 [Co-victory - neither side won]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Loginer

nardi11011 wrote:

I don't know who to vote so I'll just jump on the bandwagon and...

Lurk without voting Todesengal
What do you mean by that? No one even mentioned Todesengal before you made that post.
Rolled
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Echo
So no one other than me sees that line as suspicious :/

IRC wrote:

14:52 < Echo> think it through
14:52 < Echo> imagine
14:52 < Echo> you said something on the first day
14:52 < Echo> which resulted in you getting lynched
14:53 < Echo> which you onnly just backed out of by fakeclaiming
14:53 < Echo> would you seriously say the exact same thing in the next game if you were human?
Topic Starter
Pasonia
Pasonia flung a dart from across the hotel lobby, the dart toppling and splashing a cup of hot coffee all over adam2046.

"Whoops. Guess I overdid it," blurted Pasonia, before exiting, stage left.

Amidst the frustration, adam2046 opened up the note attached to the dart, and it read:

Vote standings have been updated W(°0°)W
Rolled

Echo wrote:

So no one other than me sees that line as suspicious :/

IRC wrote:

14:52 < Echo> think it through
14:52 < Echo> imagine
14:52 < Echo> you said something on the first day
14:52 < Echo> which resulted in you getting lynched
14:53 < Echo> which you onnly just backed out of by fakeclaiming
14:53 < Echo> would you seriously say the exact same thing in the next game if you were human?
I may be able to see it as suspicious if I think about it hard enough, but probably not for the same reason as you. I'm aware that lurking in general, and not posting too much, is often a tell for wolves (I think you said that earlier), but calling Nardi out on that reason may be a bit of a stretch I think.

Although I do think it is about time Nardi comes in here and starts defending himself :X
adam2046
"I ORDERED DECAF YOU FREAK!"
nardii
You guys know some people live in different time zones, right? And I thought doing something as stupid as repeating my own mistakes wouldn't be taken seriously by anyone.
Echo
Well, you're here now, so start defending.
nardii
I have to leave in about 10 minutes though.

Not like I have much to defend me with anyway, all I can tell you is that I'm just a human that likes sarcasm a little too much.
Cuddlebun
Ah, falling back on what Rolled used as a possible excuse...how suspicious.

and no i'm not still resentful of you voting me for no reason
Echo
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
adam2046
Well he is new...
Did you really have to vote him?
Mashley
Haha, I have a vote.
Anyway, because people think I'm suspicious, I'll say something that'll probably make me even more suspicious to other people.
I'm guardian angel.
And you should trust me, because if I'm killed you won't have anyone to save you from the wolves. :3
I'm going to trust my instincts here and Vote Echo
Rolled
Enjoy your nightkill ASH :|
Mashley
Sounds like fun.
nardii
Mashley
I'm really stupid.
0_o
Wow, honestly, out of ALL of the roles to claim, you claim the only one who can't be protected at night...

I think my vote is settled now. If ASH isn't a wolf, he will likely die tonight, so whether he is lynched or not really won't make a difference. If he is a wolf, then obviously lynching him would be a good thing. So really, the worst thing that could happen is that we lynch someone who was going to die anyway. It's a neutral-win situation.

At least that's how my mind works. My vote for ASH stands.
Mashley
0_o
Olinad

0_o wrote:

Wow, honestly, out of ALL of the roles to claim, you claim the only one who can't be protected at night...

I think my vote is settled now. If ASH isn't a wolf, he will likely die tonight, so whether he is lynched or not really won't make a difference. If he is a wolf, then obviously lynching him would be a good thing. So really, the worst thing that could happen is that we lynch someone who was going to die anyway. It's a neutral-win situation.

At least that's how my mind works. My vote for ASH stands.
Well, the difference would be:
A) if we lynch ASH now, we may have killed a wolf - but maybe not... there's not much evidence, and he could just be kinda stupid revealing his role so early. Anyway, during the night the wolves would kill a sure citizen...
B) if we don't lynch ASH, he may be killed during the night (it means he's the guardian angel or a Vanilla) or stay alive (he may be a wolf or either a Vanilla or Aux other that the Guardian Angel, who defended him, or even the Guardian Angel itself, with a bit of luck :D

The problem is: who to lynch instead of him? There's no clue... so option A will be the most probable one.

Edit: i want to underline it's the one that has more possibility to happen, not the one I'd prefer...
Mashley
I plan to protect myself tonight.
Topic Starter
Pasonia
Pasonia learnt his lesson from overturning a cup of adam's coffee by accident.

This time, he resorted to a kamehameha, which he gladly unleashed on a poor car nearby. Echo, who happened to be at the open-air jacuzzi atop Pasonia (the jacuzzi is at Storey 10 of the Meridian Hotel) when he pulled his stunt, saw the message formed out of the car's engine, tyres, pipe and general debris, and wonder how it could have even been possible by a human.

It says: VOTE STANDINGS HAVE BEEN UPDATED AGAIN. GAME ENDS IN 23 HOURS.

Pasonia watched the debris form, and was about to smile when a spare tire started to roll and chase him. Beside him was Loginer, who was shocked into his birthday suit (his towel dropped) when he saw the tire roll.

Echo just stared at the hairy wonder afterwards. How long it lasted is a matter between the two.
nardii

Pasonia wrote:

It says: VOTE STANDINGS HAVE BEEN UPDATED AGAIN. GAME ENDS IN 23 HOURS.
You missed Echo unvoting me and voting m980.
Rolled
Topic Starter
Pasonia

Rolled wrote:

I just want to clarify a few things. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

The guardian angel can protect themselves, right? And if they are protected and the wolves try to kill them, the wolves will not get a kill that night, being a wasted night for the wolves? And as long as the wolves attempt to night-kill the guardian angel every night, the GA can just continue to protect themselves the whole time? (I doubt this will happen, rhetorical question :P)

Example: ASH protects himself on night 1, wolves attempt to kill him. Total fatalities of day 1 = 1 lynch vote, 0 night kills.
Since ASH had a successful protection on night 1, he can then protect himself on night 2 as well?
Yes, theoretically speaking, the Guardian Angel CAN keep protecting himself from being killed. Trouble is, the wolves are more likely not to know if it was the GA guarding himself or him being guarded by another person. Also, the Guardian Angel will sometimes have his cover blown, so if shit happens don't say I didn't warn ya.
Rolled

Pasonia wrote:

Rolled wrote:

I just want to clarify a few things. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

The guardian angel can protect themselves, right? And if they are protected and the wolves try to kill them, the wolves will not get a kill that night, being a wasted night for the wolves? And as long as the wolves attempt to night-kill the guardian angel every night, the GA can just continue to protect themselves the whole time? (I doubt this will happen, rhetorical question :P)

Example: ASH protects himself on night 1, wolves attempt to kill him. Total fatalities of day 1 = 1 lynch vote, 0 night kills.
Since ASH had a successful protection on night 1, he can then protect himself on night 2 as well?
Yes, theoretically speaking, the Guardian Angel CAN keep protecting himself from being killed. Trouble is, the wolves are more likely not to know if it was the GA guarding himself or him being guarded by another person. Also, the Guardian Angel will sometimes have his cover blown, so if shit happens don't say I didn't warn ya.
Do you have some kind of randomizing C++ program to decide that for you too? :P
Topic Starter
Pasonia
0_o
OK, with Rolled's post and the knowledge that the GA in fact can protect themselves, I think I'm willing to give ASH a shot (for today at least).

Unvote ASH

and after reading through the thread twice I couldn't find anything suspicious enough to get me to cast another vote. Though I am starting to wonder what's up with m980...
Rolled
Silence is very bad in this game.

A silent human doesn't benefit the community what so ever. A silent werewolf can just sit back and let everybody else kill each other while they take care of night kills.

Unless you know better..
YellowerYoshi
Echo
You should never lynch a doctor claim on the first day, unless there's a double claim in which case you lynch both of them. However, on the second day you have much more information and can start deducing whether his claim was true or not.

I'm still waiting for m980 to say something over here. And until he does, my vote stands.

edit:
The reason for not lynching is that the doctor is too valuable to the townies. If we do end up lynching the doctor, we could get into a whole lot of trouble. So unless someone has hard evidence that ASH is lying, I would prefer not to lynch him.

edit2:
s/doctor/guardian angel/
Wizard Of Orz
i vote Echo.

I think he is trying to protect wolves~
Rolled
@supergarlic, I like how your second post in the thread is just accusing Echo with barely any information to back it up. Do you care to explain?

Vote: Supergarlic, until you convince me otherwise.
Derekku

Olinad wrote:

I'll never understand why we are supposed to vote during the first day -.-' Anyway, good game to anyone :D
This post sounded a little odd to me. "Why vote?" If no one at all voted for a lynch on day one, then the wolves would get a free kill that night. Unless you are a wolf, in which case it wouldn't matter what you did during the day. That was a stupid thing to say, and it has raised my suspicions.

Vote: Olinad

Also, as Rolled has said, silence is bad in this game. People need to contribute more and give their opinions so we have something to go on.
Cuddlebun
ehhhh....it's a toss-up to me whether m980 or garlic is the more suspicious. At least garlic said something that garnered suspicion...

I hate critical thinking why do I keep doing this

also foul this jacuzzi is nice why don't you join me
Derekku

Todesengal wrote:

ehhhh....it's a toss-up to me whether m980 or garlic is the more suspicious. At least garlic said something that garnered suspicion...

I hate critical thinking why do I keep doing this

also foul this jacuzzi is nice why don't you join me
Speaking of foul, he's only posted once too... HMM

*joins you in the jacuzzi instead* So warm..
Larto
Okay, then I'll post my opinion on Echo and why I voted for him.

In my opinion, Echo has changed his behavior from the first two games to this one a LOT, from being reasonable and smart to kind of agressive.
Now, Rolled said Echo changed his behavior since he died the first night in both the Mafia game and the Werewolf game 2.
If he indeed is a villager and changes his behavior from reasonable to aggressive, will being aggressive stop the Werewolves from killing him? Of course not. And Echo is smart enough to know that it wouldn't keep him from dying.
This means: Given that Echo is both aggressive in this game and smart, he is a definite wolf.
My 2 cents at least.

PS: If my theory is correct, and Echo is an aggressive wolf here and a smart villager in the Werewolf 2 game, then BagelBob's theory is totally blown and BagelBob is a wolf in WWG 2. And I trust my theory. A lot. <3
Rolled
maybe foul is just disappointed he didn't get WW in this game, unlike WWG2 ;(
Echo
Just because someone is smart, it doesn't mean they're wolf. How do you justify lynching smart people?

I don't understand your PS - what does my role in a previous game have to do with my role in this one?

I can explain my behavioural change - I've been reading the mafiascum wiki (yes I'm that bored), I've been following the other games, and I've generally been right with my deductions so far. It's made me more confident, which is probably why you're seeing me as more aggressive. If you look through all my posts, every accusation is backed up with evidence.

Which reminds me, I want to know exactly what it is that makes supergarlic think I'm guilty. Why are you just throwing out a vote with no evidence?

edit:
I gently request m980 to make his first post and supergarlic to clarify his post. (mod: not a vote)
show more