forum

New option for MP: automatic host transfer to winner

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
CharacterDesign
Hey, I was in an Osu room with my regular Skype crew and one of them says HEY. Why isn't there a mode where the winner of the round gets room master, and thus picks the next song.

Seriously, why isn't there?

Let's see that happen!
Raging Bull
misleading title and wrong forum. I'm hurt.
XPJ38
Moving to Feature Requests and changing title.

About your request, well, people sometimes do this themselves in their own rooms and warn newbies by changing the room title to something like "[Winner gets host]", and it's working pretty well. No need to create a specific option for this imo.
Starz0r

XPJ38 wrote:

Moving to Feature Requests and changing title.

About your request, well, people sometimes do this themselves in their own rooms and warn newbies by changing the room title to something like "[Winner gets host]", and it's working pretty well. No need to create a specific option for this imo.
Well then again, this feature allows the first host to take in account the "ignorant" or "stubborn" player that doesn't want to give over host when they lose.

+Support.
ieb
Support it.
Kitokofox
If this can also allow options where the host ability automatically passes to the next player or passes to the loser, then you could probably get some support from me. Besides, having the winner get to pick the map allows the winner to just be a meanie and pick maps nobody else can do and essentially ruin the game. So it's only recommended if everyone in the room is of relatively equal skill.
Kitsunemimi

Kitokofox wrote:

If this can also allow options where the host ability automatically passes to the next player or passes to the loser, then you could probably get some support from me. Besides, having the winner get to pick the map allows the winner to just be a meanie and pick maps nobody else can do and essentially ruin the game. So it's only recommended if everyone in the room is of relatively equal skill.
^ This exactly.
Aka
if there would be a kind of tick like "automatic host transfer to winner" which could be switched-on and off, then have my support \o/
MwarriorHiei
It shouldn't be just "Winner Picks." This could, like stated previously. be abused by the better players in the room. If this were to be implemented, there should be more options like "Last Place Picks," "Rotation Pick" (everyone gets a turn to pick a song), and "Random Pick." I don't think host should transfer either. It should just be song privileges as some jerk could become host and kill the room.
Freya

MwarriorHiei wrote:

It shouldn't be just "Winner Picks." This could, like stated previously. be abused by the better players in the room. If this were to be implemented, there should be more options like "Last Place Picks," "Rotation Pick" (everyone gets a turn to pick a song), and "Random Pick.
this
Natsu
Winner pick
Random pick
Rotation pick

that 3 sound nice for me looser pick not much imo
HildasXD

Natsu wrote:

Winner pick
Random pick
Rotation pick

that 3 sound nice for me looser pick not much imo