Well, I have to admit, it plays much better without those antijumps.
Thanks a lot!
rezoons wrote:Mod asked by PM because i owe you one for a loooooooooooong time ago.
I don't know if it's important or not but i still have to point it out: guess it's because I use animation for the background @.@/ it works fine, tho
- 02:09:146 - I think this beat is strong enough to be worth played. So, put a note here and strat the spinner at 02:09:560. It may seems short but autoplay still get 3000. Besdies you already have another long spinner so it's not that important if this one is short. actually, it IS important. We should remember that beginners are slower and they need more time to read/spin spinners! So, I would prefer to keep it as it is
- 00:33:146 (1,2) - Flow here is meh comapred to the rest of your diff. Maybe use a wave shape instead: yeah, should be better now
- 00:38:112 (4) - Move the 2nd slider point to x=460 y=88 for better blanket. A lot of blanket are far from being perfect here but i only point out this one because this is the one that i noticed while playing. alright
- 00:46:388 (1) - This NC has no purpose whatsoever. Remove it? You don't even use a NC on the hard diff here. I know here you use a NC every 4 beats but usually combos with only one note is used to emphasized the note. For example you didn't put a NC at 01:32:732 (5). I've added a new combo to 01:32:732 (5).in order to keep consistency with that. I feel like NCs should be placed there to emphasize the drums
- 01:02:939 (1) - ^ guess I will keep it this way since I didn't apply the suggestion above, sorry!
- 00:34:801 (3) - Why using a 1/2 slider with a reverse here? I'm not sure if you follow the vocals and the music but if you follow the vocals then there is nothing at 00:35:008 and if you follow the song, well, it's the same as 00:33:146 (1,2) where you used 1/1 slider so i would suggest to use a 1/1 slider here instead that you can place like this: alright! I've also re-mapped this part a bit to keep it's flow
- 01:54:870 - Add a note? If i understood correctly what you are following here then you should add note here. Sure, we've missed this one!
- 02:09:146 - Same as in the easy. Guess my answer is the same. You know, consistency.
- 01:40:595 (3,4) - Why using a stack here? This is the only stack you use in your map. It makes the player stop here for 1 beat which doesn't fit with the erst of your map where the player moves at a constant speed. I don't mind stacks but seeing only one stack at the middle of a map feels weird while playing. ESpecially since it doesn't emphasize any strong beat whatsoever. alright, did a triangle-pattern here, insteead
- 01:43:905 (2,3) - Move 2 to x=292 y=20 then move the first slider point of 3 one grid left. It makes the blanket of 2 way better. should be better now
- 01:47:629 (3) - Like in the easy there are a lot of blanket far from being perfect here but only two really disturb me while playing. The previous one and this one, that's why it's the only two i'll point out. So, move the 2nd slider point 2-3 grid up. fixed it
- 00:49:698 (1) - Finish on the head? Since we clearly here a cymbal in the song.
- 01:06:250 (1) - ^
- 01:12:870 (1) - ^ and 01:19:491 (1) and 01:26:112 (1) and 01:39:353 (1) etc..... whoops, added them.
- 00:32:112 - There is clearly a note here. A little quieter than the other so maybe you can simply change 00:31:905 (2) into a 1/2 beat slider but there is no reason you should ignore it. I feel like it should be ignored because the note is not as loud as the others and it makes my rhythm a bit more challenging. this is not an Insane diff, so it's alright to ignore some 1/2s, imo
- 00:28:388 (5,6) - I remember someone who told me: yeah, it all depends on many factors. Anyway, the most important thing is that this jumps sucks. Removed it.
Well, your diff is oobviously different but when i saw this jump i remembered this. Because that's what you reproached me. Having huge jumps somewhere that doesn't fits with the song. And this is the same here. You have a constant DS of x1.1, this is a quiet part, there is no strong beat and BIM, 2.1x jump. That's not ok.
- 01:06:663 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - This pattern seems really out of place. I mean, i don't have any problem whatsoever with it but this is not the kind of pattern that i expect to see in your map. You have a certain mapping style very easy to read but i expect to see this kind of pattern used by mappers that like playing with the difficulty to read their map (this pattern is even harder to read in ar8). I'm not sure if i'm clear enough but basically there is no problem with this pattern but i think it feels out of place in your map. I'll use something more suitable if more people will tell me the same. Right now I feel like Sieg's (yeah, it was his idea) pattern works quite good and it doesn't feel that weird. Anyway, we'll see what to do with it!
- 01:44:319 (5,6,7,8) - Since you blanketted 6 with 5 why not blanketting 7 with 6? But i think you can get a nicer pattern by changing a few things. Cleaned it up a bit, should look neater now
This is the same pattern as yours but 01:44:732 (6) is a copy of 01:44:319 (5) rotated by 30° and 01:45:146 (7) is a copy of 01:44:732 (6) rotated by 30°. The repetition of the same slider emphasize the repetition in the music (kinda like you did at 01:50:939 (5,6,7))
You really have a very rigid mapping style. That's really hard to mod actually. But everything is fine in your mapset. There wasn't any major issue within it (Except for the normal diff name which is..... facepalming, yeah let's say that well, if the mapper wants to keep it this way, I have to deal with it ). It doesn't help that modding is not my speciality. This is nothing compared to your awesome but i did the best i could.
P.S. I also forget to say that i found that the diff gap between the easy and normal is way too low imo. But i guess that's too late to fix that.... yeah
Thank you so much for mod, I like it :3
- Missing Storyboard-File:
- Unnecessary Tags: "the" (2x) - because it is already in the title
- 00:26:526 (1) - Why is the spacing higher here? It doesn't make sense to me from the music. For me is good, but may I chang later, but not now
- 00:29:836 (1,2,3,4) - The curve looks a bit untidy. Why not do a perfect curve like in my screenshot? To fix it move (3) to 91|158 and (4) to 96|253.yeah
- 00:52:181 - This break seems empty. You always mapped consistent 1/1-gaps, so it doesn't make sense to break this pattern here. Also, it doesn't seem to fit for me, because there is nothing special in the music. You should add a circle here, or use a 1/1-slider starting here, which I'd prefer. There would be some 1/1-sliders in a row though, so it might be a better choice to use 2 circles instead.Hmm, no
- 00:59:629 (5,6,1) - You always used this (very interesting and nice) rhythm 00:56:319 (1,2) at these places (00:39:767 (1,2) - 00:43:077 (2,3) - 00:56:319 (1,2) - ) so you should use it here as well for consistency. The song may not be the same all the time, it would be very boring
- 01:01:284 (1) - This slidershape doesn't seem to fit here. You didn't use a special slidershape like this anywhere else. A blanket around the end of 01:00:457 (6) would fit better and also look better in my opinion.added
- 01:06:250 (1,2,3,4,5) - Why didn't you use 2/1-sliders here? You did it at all the other places (01:12:870 (1,2,3) - 01:19:491 (1,2,3) - 01:26:112 (1,2,3) - ) so it seems very inconsistent. One thing I like is from a choir hard, and to be a normal diff, I think is pretty good to begin well
- 01:29:422 (5) - You probably missed a New Combo here. 01:31:077 (4) - This one can be removed then, and add one here 01:32:732 (7) if the combo is too long for you then. added
- 01:43:905 (2,3) - This rhythm seems very unfitting to me. The slider should definitely start at 01:44:319 which is a really emphasized beat. There is no reason to start it at the red tick, which is much less important and doesn't have any special sound or beat. No, I Like it
- 01:48:870 (4) - The spacing difference to the previous and next object is really noticable. You should move 01:47:629 (3), so it's the perfect 0.8x spacing to the following object, and then redo the blanket. added
- 02:08:939 (1) - Why is the volume at the beginning of the spinner 25%, then 15% and then 35%? It doesn't make much sense to me o: nah
- What I like: The rhythm is good and it plays mostly well :3 The hitsounding is also nice of course!
- What I personally don't like: Some objects or patterns in your diff don't look very tidy in my opinion. Some of the 1/2-triplets could look (and play) much better, if they were tidied up. For example, 00:16:595 (1,2,3) this would be nice if it was a linear transition. 00:23:215 (1,2,3) - This as well. But it's your style at the end There are also some rhythm inconsistencys, but it's fine. In my opinion, while the Easy is ready, this one needs some more mods until it's awesome enough.
If I were a BAT, I'd bubble this after some more mods. Awesome set, awesome song!!! <33 I thought you would never revive it but you did. Lovely <33
Good luck :3
osu file format v12
AudioFilename: notInfected Mushroom - Smashing the Opponent (feat. Jonathan Davis).mp3
Title:Smashing the Opponent (feat. Jonathan Davis)
TitleUnicode:Smashing the Opponent (feat. Jonathan Davis)
Tags:Korn ThoomyyxD psy-trance goa the legend of the black shawarma
//Background and Video events
//Storyboard Layer 0 (Background)
//Storyboard Layer 1 (Fail)
//Storyboard Layer 2 (Pass)
//Storyboard Layer 3 (Foreground)
//Storyboard Sound Samples
//Background Colour Transformations
Combo1 : 111,68,68
Combo2 : 153,174,158
Combo3 : 88,85,106
Combo4 : 136,136,136
Thanks a lot for your mod, man! That was really, really helpful!
- Missing Storyboard-File: I guess it's because of the animation, so it's fine, imo.
- Unnecessary Tags: "the" (2x) - because it is already in the title yeah, my bad
- 00:22:388 (4) - I think the flow leading to this slider might be unfitting with the rest of your diff. The movement is always very clean, but here you need to drop off from (3) to get a good flow (movement 1). The newbies try to follow the exact path of the sliders though, so for them the flow might be a little broken (movement 2). My solution would be to move (4) more upwards, to lower the angle of movement and to make it easier to play. Sure!
- 00:36:870 (2) - Fix the spacing. Yeah, of course
- 01:02:939 (1) - I'd keep the hitsounding between this and 00:46:388 (1) consistent. I perfer the version without Finish, because there isn't a loud drum or any sound that requires a Finish. Actually, the beat is much more soft than the ones before. Sounds like a good idea, removed the finish
- 01:32:732 (1) - You could move this circle a bit upwards, in my opinion it would look better. Alright
- 01:43:077 (2,3,4) - Since the two sliders are parallel I'd prefer an exact linear transition to get a nice symmetrical pattern. If you move (3) to 299|210 it is perfect, as you can see with the help of the disappearing slider: Let's get this fixed
- What I like: You still are one of my favourite Easy mappers. Very consistent and clean :3 I love everything <3 The hitsounding is simple, but the custom hitsounds are simply awesome, which can also make it special ^^ Glad to know it
- What I personally don't like: That I can't make Easys as good as this. Please, teach me ;w; Seriously, what I wrote are all nazi suggestions Poke me in game if you really want it o3o/
- 00:31:491 (1,3,4) - I think it would sound super cool to have a clap on all of these, try it out Sure, sounds cool
- 00:36:043 (9) - I'd split this into 2 circles and a 1/1-slider. It sounds better to me, as the red tick has a strong vocal "true" which shouldn't be ignored. Here's what I did. Pretty much the same effect but cobo is <10 which is better, imo
- 00:38:939 (1,2,3,4,5) - Playing this felt really awkward. The stacks fit well with the music, but the movement is very unusual and maybe a bit unintuitive. For these reasons, I'd prefer it like this, though it might fit a little less to the music: let's see what will modders tell!
- 01:06:663 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - Why didn't you use them again? ;w; It looks so awesome.. You should've done that everytime, would've been cooler ._. But oh well, I guess it is not inconsistent, as it's to emphasize the beginning of the kiai? Maybe? i guess it's done to keep the beginning of the kiai special, yeah. still unsure about it but I do like the pattern
- 01:10:388 (4,5,1,2) - I think the transition between these objects doesn't play very smooth. After the direction change on (5), it seems strange to change the direction again after (1). It might be a better flow if you move (2) and rearrange the following pattern, to look somehow like this: oh my God, sure! how could I miss that? D:
- 01:11:215 (2) - This rhythm doesn't feel right here. The previous one at 01:07:905 (1) followed the vocals, but this one doesn't. Change it to a 1/1-slider and a circle would be better. yeah, that's right
- 01:18:870 (5,6,7) - Why did you use lower spacing here? The needed slow down doesn't feel intuitive when playing. If you want to slow down the movement, it is better to use a slider instead. Whatever it was, it was a bad idea. Fixed the DS!
- 01:32:319 (6) - I would split this into a 1/2-slider + circle. The red tick is too strong to be ignored imo, because the long vocal "-way" starts there. oh.right!
- 01:39:974 (3) - I don't understand why the spacing to the following object is lower. I'd suggest to move this object, so the spacing is consistent here. nice catch!
- 01:41:008 (1) - Remove this NC. You placed NCs at every second measure in this section, not at every measure. whoops~
- 01:58:181 (7) - You could make the first and last part of this slider parallel, to make it look more clean ^^ let's clean it up! ></
- What I like: Everything seems pretty good, as expected! I love the slider velocity change in the kiai - It is really awesome! The diff is so fun to play *-*
- What I personally don't like: Some of the spacing changes might seem a little bit untidy (I'm using that word too often), but I guess it works fine as they do all fit the music :b Still, I think after 3-4 more mods this will be perfect!
If I were a BAT, I'd bubble this after some more mods. Awesome set, awesome song!!! <33 I thought you would never revive it but you did. Lovely <33 Miracles happen \o3o/
Good luck :3
Everything else was fixed, thanks a lot for your mod!
Asphyxia wrote:This BG gives me the creeps
check the SB, I use some animation there, it's rain0.png, rain1.png and rain2.png as the result, I have rain.png animation sdjlfasfbasfbaslfbit's kinda hard to explain, but there's animation and it works properly, se for yourself if you don't trust me!
- 00:38:939 (1) - Shouldn't you NC the previous stanza or the next? It would seem that it'd do a better job. But i'm trying to emphasize the vocals here ;_;
'Kay, nice diffs although I think the Hard difficulty needs to get more polished, the NC'ing and the sudden spacing changes make it sometimes forced to play, which isn't great. Call me back~
Thanks for checking, I appreciate that, though I didn't change anything
gokugohan12468 wrote:Hai, Mod req~
I download you map again, but i missed rain/rain.jpg Please, check the post above. I've already explained it like 3 times
Al diff: Check Widescreen Supprot and Display epilepsy warning (You have a SB, right?) The SB has practically no brigh flashes, and it's made for 4:3 displays, so I find both of these toggles unnecessary
00:57:560 (5) - NC I've got my own combo pattern, and I try to follow it. Sorry, but placing these NCs would ruin it
00:58:388 (8) - NC
01:01:284 (5) - NC
01:02:939 (1) - Remove NC
01:06:663 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - like this: I do it on purpose, it makes pattern more interesting and looks prettier, to my eyes. so, no. sorry
01:19:491 (1) - Are you serious, man? (i so miss, lol) what so wrong about this slider? can you, please, explain?01:50:939 (5) - NC
Sorry if my mod is bad