forum

Song suggestion.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
roketH77
I want to start mapping, but don’t know what song to use. Any suggestions?
lewski
press f2 in song select and map whatever it lands on
Cocomber
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlXKFagzo_o by pishifat covers this well imo. in short, pick a song between 1.30 - 2.30 mins, that has simple rhythm with occasional variations and has few different sounds/intruments in the background so you can choose what sound to map. (basically TV size) picking an already ranked map will also give you a correctly timed map, since it's essential
-Reflex-
If anyone is good with map making this song "When The Weak Go Marching In" is definitely a bop. someone please map this song out
Zelzatter Zero

-Reflex- wrote:

If anyone is good with map making this song "When The Weak Go Marching In" is definitely a bop. someone please map this song out
please do not post content that is irrelevant to the thread.
NekoTowel
Punchy and rhythmically simple songs are good for beginners, and personally not too long, i.e. 2min+ since it could be difficult to apply ideas consistently onto longer periods of mapping. I would suggest a few artists/songs:
  1. Emille's Moonlight Serenade (featured artist)
  2. Don't let you down - Halozy
  3. Umeboshi Chazuke (featured artist)
  4. Pop songs in general, if you like them.
One important thing that applies to all mappers: Don't map something you don't like, it will not go far.
If you still can't decide, go browse the featured artist listing, it's quite a huge library of songs from artists that worked with osu!, for mappers to map their songs. Also, don't be afraid to map what already has been mapped. Look at other mappers' styles, incorporate. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome. Towel you ain't funny shut up

Song you probably don't want to get onto right away (difficult to map)