forum

Newbie Mafia 2! [Mafia Win!]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Yuukari-Banteki
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Echo
I'm still waiting for olinad's reply before making a call.
anonymous_old

Echo wrote:

Maybe you should call Olinad, and then he will reply.
Derekku

strager wrote:

Echo wrote:

Maybe you should call Olinad, and then he will reply.
strager, your jokes are getting lamer and lamer :P
Echo
mod: deadline, vote count, and prod olinad please
Topic Starter
LadySuburu
Sorry, I've been busy.

Votecount 2:

strager - 2 (adam2046, SFG)
0_o - 1 (strager)
SFG - 1 (olinad)
adam2046 - 1 (Derekku)

Not Voting - 2 (Echo, 0_o)

Deadline is next saturday at 2:00 PM, Central. As stated before.

Olinad is being prodded once more.
Topic Starter
LadySuburu
Also, note of a minor rule change. I am allowing prods after 24 hours of non-posting, and replacement if not responded within 36 hours after.
0_o
zzzzz

come ON olinad...
anonymous_old

0_o wrote:

zzzzz

come ON olinad...
Seriously. We only have four days left or so. =S

(I got so excited to see a new post in this thread... =X)
0_o

strager wrote:

0_o wrote:

zzzzz

come ON olinad...
Seriously. We only have four days left or so. =S

(I got so excited to see a new post in this thread... =X)
Sorry, I'll say something more exciting

Role Claim: Vanilla Townie
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Echo
Has it been 36 hours yet?
Yuukari-Banteki
lol "we only have four days left" do you realize that thats an entire daycycle plus a bit in WW3? its plently of time for discussion guys, chill out.

Also strager, 0_o you could be using this time productively to try to convince me that you aren't the mafia pair, or that someone else is possibly a part of the mafia pair.

and for the record, my suspicion list, in order of most suspicious to least suspicious (ill justify stuff if you ask me but most of it's been beaten to death by now)

strager, 0_o, Derekku, adam, Olinad, Echo, me

where Olinad is the completely neutral point. aka. i trust Echo
0_o

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

Also strager, 0_o you could be using this time productively to try to convince me that you aren't the mafia pair, or that someone else is possibly a part of the mafia pair.
I've already said all of my arguments, I honestly cannot think of any more ways to convince you. Innocence is a very difficult thing to "prove" in this game. Any evidence that I am a townie (ie. if strager and I were mafia I wouldn't have so strongly associated myself him) can be countered with "if you were mafia that's what you would want us to think." Or in other words, WIFOM. Really, the only way to actually prove innocence is getting nightkilled.

You can ask me anything you want and I'll answer truthfully, but seeing as you have no way of knowing whether I'm telling the truth or not, do you really think I'm gonna be changing any minds?

Fine, I'll say this: if strager gets lynched tonight and he is mafia, I will vote for myself tomorrow and you may lynch me if you please. If I am not mafia, this will leave you with 3 people, 1 mafia on day 4, and I'm sure there will be someone alive then who will be able to figure it out.
adam2046

0_o wrote:

Really, the only way to actually prove innocence is getting nightkilled.
Or getting lynched.
0_o
Echo
Derekku
Yet he posted in WWG2 a day or two ago. HMM :|
Yuukari-Banteki

Derekku Chan wrote:

dont defend him, get him out of here >:( noncontributants should not play!
anonymous_old

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

Derekku Chan wrote:

dont defend him, get him out of here >:( noncontributants should not play!
He wasn't defending him. He was pointing out that Olinad is probably ignoring this game.
Derekku
Yuukari-Banteki
waiting for Subi to replace Olinad...whats the vote count anyways
anonymous_old

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

waiting for Subi to replace Olinad...whats the vote count anyways
Hasn't changed: viewtopic.php?p=147107#p147107
Topic Starter
LadySuburu
*A wormhole opens, sucking in Olinad and spitting out Wojjan.*

*Wojjan replaces Olinad.*
Topic Starter
LadySuburu
Votecount 3:

strager - 2 (adam2046, SFG)
0_o - 1 (strager)
SFG - 1 (Wojjan)
adam2046 - 1 (Derekku)

Not Voting - 2 (Echo, 0_o)
Wojjan
Yuukari-Banteki
ok we have approx. 48 hours from the time of this post to reach a decision. The time for waiting is over imo and except for Wojjan/Olinad and Echo, who withheld his discussion thus far, we've pretty much exhausted our discussion. since Wojjan is here now, we are currently waiting on Echo, who should be waking up in a couple hours. As things currently stand, strager will get lynched today, which is fine by me but id prefer to get more of a decision on who his partner (assuming im correct in saying that he's mafia) is before the end of the day.

just organizing my thoughts a bit here.
0_o
Echo
Note: my hdd died yesterday, so I don't have access to a computer as much as I'd like until next Tuesday, when I can buy a new one. Because of that, I'll spill the beans right now.

Read adam's posts. Or, just read the summary SFG posted. He has posted pages and pages of non-posts. I am pretty sure he is Mafia.

Olinad was my second suspect, but I don't have enough evidence against either him or Wojjan at this point.

READ: strager is innoncent, I'm cop, scanned him yesterday, etc. etc.

Won't be back until night phase probably. Good luck.

Vote: adam
0_o
Yuukari-Banteki
Derekku
I would say how suspicious it is that you guys turned around at the drop of a hat to believe that Echo is the cop, but I think I believe him too. :<
adam2046
Well you're all gonna be all like "what?" and I'm gonna be all like "yeah" and you'll be all like "daaaaaaaaaaaamn", hilarious.
Wojjan
Okay, I'm gonna think WIFOM mode for a while.
What if strager isn't innocent, and is actually in the Mafia with Echo, which is why he wants us to change votes to adam?
I can't see why we should all believe you on the double.
If, of course, strager really is the doctor, and hence protecting Echo, strager will likely die tonight.
Also, you're forgetting that if we have a cop AND doctor, we're dealing with a possible roleblocker, who can stop strager in his protection.

I'm gonna refrain from voting this day, since I can't make an actually certain vote.
adam2046
Doesn't matter if you don't vote, I'm already dead.
Topic Starter
LadySuburu
Final Votecount:

adam2046 - 4 (Derekku, Echo, 0_o, SFG)
strager - 1 (adam2046)
0_o - 1 (strager)

Not Voting - 1 (Wojjan)

---------------------------------------------------------

*Echo told everyone he was a cop, and told of strager's innocence. Afterward, he said his greatest suspect was adam. In a quick rush, everyone followed behind him, also accusing adam....*

*It seems that adam couldn't take the stress, and he suddenly died from a heart attack. You search his belongings, and don't find any evidence...*

adam2046 - Vanilla Townie - had a heart attack D2.

*....then out of nowhere, a huge metal block fell on adam, squishing his body and sending blood and guts everywhere.*

-------------------------------------------------------------

Please send in all night actions by Sunday at 6:00 AM.
anonymous_old
Damnit, I'm gone for a day and we lose a Vanilla Townie.

(Sorry for this post ... I'm kinda mad.)
Topic Starter
LadySuburu
*After awaking from a night of restless sleep, you woke to find Echo with a blade wound through him. It seems to have pierced the heart. Searching his belongings, you find a Policeman's badge... It seems you had an undercover cop here to help... HAD, being the key term.*

Echo - Cop - Killed N2.

---------------------------

With 5 Alive, it's 3 to lynch.

Deadline is next Saturday at 10:15 PM, Central.
anonymous_old
Now that I can freely speak I'll reply to some previous posts.

Wojjan wrote:

strager, you hopped from one argumant to another. First you say Echo is the Cop, and he saw you were the Doctor, and left you alone, then you went to an ENTIRE new aspect, and said he fussed about you the previous day since he's a Mafia.
That does not make sense.
I guess it doesn't. The first paragraph in my post here doesn't make sense to me even: viewtopic.php?p=146467#p146467

Not sure what I was thinking then. My guess is that was my reasoning for his attacking me.

I've also said Echo was a Cop because he knew I wasn't a Mafia (and showed this by not being on my case at all, in contrast to his intense pressure in Day One). He also was explicit here: viewtopic.php?p=148834#p148834

SFG's lynch vote seems honestly accidental. Her tone there also makes her seem less of a Mafia in my eyes.

Wojjan wrote:

If, of course, strager really is the doctor, and hence protecting Echo, strager will likely die tonight.
Also, you're forgetting that if we have a cop AND doctor, we're dealing with a possible roleblocker, who can stop strager in his protection.
Apparently I was role-blocked last night, as you predicted.

But why was Echo killed and not I?

I'll put my thinking here.

Some clarifications on aux roles:

PM wrote:

23:35 <strager|irc> Does the Cop know they have been role blocked?
23:35 <strager|irc> Does the role block get reversed?
23:35 <LadySuburu> The cop gets a result of "No result."
23:35 <strager|irc> Okay
23:38 <strager|irc> And does the role blocker get a notice their block was successful?
23:38 <LadySuburu> No.
And the possibilities they disprove:
  1. Echo was role blocked Night One and the role he sees is the opposite of the actual role of the person he examines. If he investigated me, he would see I were of the Town but I were in reality a Mafia.
  2. The role blocker attempted a role block on me on Night One. If they got a "your block was successful" message, they would know I was either a Doctor or a Cop (and most likely the former due to my major slip early game). If they didn't get one they would suspect either I do not have an aux role or I did not use my ability then. Same applies for Night Two.
The first point is debunked by my first question to LS, and the second point by my second question.

Now for some possibilities (which you are free to approve or disprove):
  1. Mafia would not kill Echo to increase suspicion on me. If I were a Mafia, Echo wouldn't have claimed I was innocent, unless he wasn't the Cop. However, we know he is, so there's more proof that I am not a Mafia.
  2. Echo caught on some scent and, if it were followed, would result in a Mafia lynch on Day Two or an examination Night Two and a lynch Day Three.
(And who is "you" who is "forgetting"?)

I'll post some more later once I've read the thread a bit more.
0_o
I think you are wayy overthinking this, Echo was killed because the Cop is much more of a threat to the mafia then the doctor is :|

Ugh, 3 townies, 2 mafia.. it all comes down to today.

So we have Wojjan, Derekku, SFG, me, and strager (who I think we can all agree is clean)

SFG has seemed the least suspicious to me out of all of them, but what bugs me is that neither Wojjan or Derekku were a part of the original vote against strager, while SFG was. So I honestly have no idea what to think right now..
show more