forum

Newbie Mafia 2! [Mafia Win!]

posted
Total Posts
show more
anonymous_old
Since everyone else seems to be doing this I'll do it myself, in the order I want to say something.

Echo
Today Echo doesn't seem to have been suspicious of me at all, whereas yesterday he was crazy about me. I can only think of two reasons:

He is a Mafia and will kill me later. This doesn't seem to convincing for me.
He is a Cop and looked at my role last Night, and realizes I am not a Mafia.

Echo, can you please explain yourself as to why you haven't mentioned me today?

adam
He seems to be random voting today, and generally playing with everyone because of that. I doubt that means he's a Mafia but of course that can't be ruled out.

0_o
Until you explain why you're not considering Echo as a Mafia I'm keeping my vote on you as some pressure. I know why you are defending me, and I am grateful, but as I said before sometimes you defend me when I don't need to be defended (TODO: find references; I may be wrong).

Olinad
Of course Olinad's latest post is only to make sure another nardi incident doesn't happen again, so it's impossible to determine if he's a Mafia or a Townie just by him posting.

But let's look inside his post.

Olinad wrote:

*) strager looks suspicious, but I think he only made a mistake at the beginning and then thought that not claiming as the doctor would be even worse than doing it.
I didn't cover myself up because that'd be a Mafia tell I think.

Olinad wrote:

*) Derekku isn't posting much, but well, even I am not posting much but that doesn't mean I'm part of the mafia... And even not helping the train of thought can lead to mafia, as he could simply be hiding as he has an aux role or not knowing what to say as he's confused (as I am actually! XD). So I guess I have no motivation to vote for him.
Confusion is encouraged by the Mafia I believe. I know I've been confusing but that's by my nature I guess. (If you've spoke to me IRL...) Staying away from the confusion ... I don't know how to take that myself. Whatever; this part doesn't lead me anywhere.

Olinad wrote:

*) Echo is always a big question mark in my head. I have no idea of what his role could be, as he's always attacking and really rarely defending. So... I dunno, really
In his defense he really hasn't been attacked with a convincing argument.

Olinad wrote:

*) SFG seems too resolutive. Simplyfing things is good but could lead to mistakes... and jumping to conclusions about strager and 0_o being Mafia is too much I guess.
Indeed; see below.

adam wrote:

*) dunno what to say about adam ATM, I'll read the topic more carefully and point smth out but I don't see him as really suspicious
Neither I but he seems to be arousing confusion a bit, though I just think he's being playful.

0_o wrote:

*) No idea about 0_o either - I won't hide I think he may be Mafia, but I'm not really sure as others are.
Nothing else to say for him?

SFG
viewtopic.php?p=145925#p145925
Genius! But why aren't you voting for 0_o with me, if you think we are both Mafia?

Derekku
I'll just go through his latest post.

Derekku Chan wrote:

I haven't been posting a lot because 1) I've been busy IRL 2) I haven't really had much to say.
lol at point 1.

Derekku Chan wrote:

0_o - Keeps pointing fingers at adam for no reason; Defends strager; I don't understand this.
He defends me because he believes me. He also believes in my bandwagon theory, as he has stated, and is most of the reason he's voting for adam.

Derekku Chan wrote:

Olinad - Hasn't posted a whole lot, so I really don't what to make of him. One reason I thought nardi was scum was because he didn't post much, but we know how far that went...
Hmm, I wonder who pushed the vote on nardi for that.

Derekku Chan wrote:

adam - I really see nothing suspicious about adam, but he hasn't said a whole lot either. Please post more =) inb4youtwoaremafiatogetherandyou'redefendinghimyouscum
What hasn't been suspicious about adam, really? He's said a whole lot of nothing lately, IMO.
0_o
Ohh ok, I thought by emotional arguments you meant like playing heartstrings :P Anyway:

"So yes, I have a different opinion than Echo, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna vote for him. Personally I'd rather wait a day and see what happens; some of your posts have been a little strange (hereby suspicious) but the fact that you might be (and probably are) the doctor is keeping me from voting for you."
iirc this was in response to strager wondering why I wasn't voting Echo when I was defending him. And it's true, I thought Echo was wrong about strager, but just because I don't agree with someone's reasoning doesn't necessarily mean I think they are mafia.

"ok, as of now the only 2 people i haven't "diagnosed" in my mind as pro-town is adam2046 and nardi."
I'll admit, there wasn't a lot (or any) of hard evidence here. It was the first day, and we didn't have a lot to go on (and I already said I wasn't voting strager). So yes, this was mainly random/instincts.

"Well I said before that I was thinking either you or nardi, and from the general feel of your posts I just started to lean towards you. It's the first day and there isn't a lot of evidence from anyone to go on, so for today I'm just playing by my gut"
Pretty much this :P The only people who really got any attention conversation-wise was strager and Echo. There was little to no evidence against anyone else, so I didn't want to vote for either of them, then all I really had to go on was intuition.

And to strager: I already said before that I haven't counted him out as mafia. It's just right now the only thing I had going against him is his strong conviction that you were mafia (and now I'm starting to wonder myself). I'm waiting for more information, particularly who the next night kills are, and what he has to say about other people besides you.
anonymous_old

0_o wrote:

It's just right now the only thing I had going against him is his strong conviction that you were mafia (and now I'm starting to wonder myself). I'm waiting for more information, particularly who the next night kills are, and what he has to say about other people besides you.
Can you respond to what I said elsewhere in that post you responded to?

strager wrote:

Today Echo doesn't seem to have been suspicious of me at all, whereas yesterday he was crazy about me.
0_o

strager wrote:

Today Echo doesn't seem to have been suspicious of me at all, whereas yesterday he was crazy about me.
Just because he hasn't mentioned you yet doesn't mean he isn't suspicious of you anymore. I think right now he's just trying to get information from everyone else, since we've been so focused on you so far.
anonymous_old

0_o wrote:

strager wrote:

Just because he hasn't mentioned you yet doesn't mean he isn't suspicious of you anymore. I think right now he's just trying to get information from everyone else, since we've been so focused on you so far.
Well this was the tip-off:

Echo wrote:

I would advise that no one else vote strager as he is on L-1 L-2 right now. If you do vote him, you better make sure you have a nice argument.
0_o
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
anonymous_old
Vote log

Day 1
Continued from viewtopic.php?p=142472#p142472
SFG: adam
viewtopic.php?p=142965#p142965
BagelBob: -
BagelBob: nardi
SFG: -
SFG: nardi
0_o: -
0_o: nardi
BagelBob: -
strager: Echo
viewtopic.php?p=143889#p143889
Lynch: nardi (Vanilla Townie)
Kill: BagelBob (Vanilla Townie)

Day 2
strager: SFG
adam: strager
SFG: strager
strager: -
0_o: adam
strager: -
strager: 0_o
viewtopic.php?p=145936#p145936
Olinad: SFG
Echo
Derekku, you missed this post. Please answer this question:

Out of adam and 0_o, who would you vote and why?
Derekku

adam2046 wrote:

If I had to, I would probably vote Derekku since he seems to subtly be all buddy buddy with strager in this game...hmm actually
Then again 0_o has been acting rather weird...I haven't really seen him play much so I don't really know.
Also I don't like his "gut feeling" excuse for voting, it makes him sound like a weirdo.

Oh and this is one of the things that made me suspicious of Derek:

Derekku Chan wrote:

I'm really sick of all this shit flying back and forth. To sum up how I feel without having to type a 20-page essay, Echo needs to stop being so fucking aggresive. strager has never even played before, and you're throwing every fucking thing in the book at him. We're human. We make mistakes. We slip up. It doesn't mean that strager is the bad guy, and the way that you keep pushing shit at him is really making you look the most suspicious in my book.

I'm finally throwing my vote down.

Vote. Echo.

*goes to lay down because his back is killing him*
I saw this as pretty much trying to derail discussion on strager.

If strager is mafia I would probably vote Derek over 0_o (unless something else comes up) if strager is human I would most likely vote for Echo (but I would probably be lynched that next day though)

Too bored...

...I should be worse at being mafia so it's easier to tell when I'm a human.
I said that because I was sick of the arguing back and forth. Now I see that I shouldn't have posted that and I was just raging that night because I wasn't feeling good. Like I said earlier, I'm not "buddy buddy" with strager. I'm very suspicious of him just like most of us are.

Echo wrote:

Derekku, you missed this post. Please answer this question:

Out of adam and 0_o, who would you vote and why?
After rereading, I'm going with adam.

In this post, I said that I wasn't suspicious of adam. I said that because he hasn't said a whole lot, but now that I think about it, that only makes him MORE suspicious. He has hardly backed up any of his claims at all. What started off as a random vote against strager quickly turned into some sort of plan. Every time he has voted for strager, he's acted like strager is just another person instead of scum. If adam is mafia, then this fits. His goal is to eliminate all townies, which makes strager one too (save his possible aux role). I've hardly seen anything useful from adam's posts. 0_o, Echo, SFG, strager, and myself all defend our accusations on others and accusations against ourselves.

So: Vote adam
anonymous_old

Derekku Chan wrote:

I'm not "buddy buddy" with strager.
D=

</wrists>

Derekku Chan wrote:

In this post, I said that I wasn't suspicious of adam. I said that because he hasn't said a whole lot, but now that I think about it, that only makes him MORE suspicious.
I see how far that reasoning went with nardi.

Derekku Chan wrote:

He has hardly backed up any of his claims at all. What started off as a random vote against strager quickly turned into some sort of plan. Every time he has voted for strager, he's acted like strager is just another person instead of scum.
I guess that is true. If I recall his reasoning for voting for me yesterday was because I was suspicious and Echo had a convincing argument.

Derekku Chan wrote:

If adam is mafia, then this fits. His goal is to eliminate all townies, which makes strager one too (save his possible aux role). I've hardly seen anything useful from adam's posts. 0_o, Echo, SFG, strager, and myself all defend our accusations on others and accusations against ourselves.
I still don't see how this makes adam a Mafia. Can you try explaining in a different way?
Derekku

strager wrote:

I see how far that reasoning went with nardi.
nardi barely posted at all. But I meant: Whenever adam posts, it's nothing useful.

strager wrote:

I guess that is true. If I recall his reasoning for voting for me yesterday was because I was suspicious and Echo had a convincing argument.
Exactly. adam keeps saying over and over that you're "suspicious", but hasn't backed it up with anything of his own. At least Echo had arguments.

strager wrote:

I still don't see how this makes adam a Mafia. Can you try explaining in a different way?
What I said above in this post =)
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Echo

strager wrote:

I realise I don't know enough about anyone other than you, since I spent too much of yesterday focussing on only one person. I'm just trying to salvage as much information as I can.

olinad: can you please rate, in order, who you would vote for out of adam, derekku and 0_o and why?

mod: vote count, and please prod olinad to answer the question above (pm with a link or something)

edit: strager, why are you suddenly so defensive of adam?
anonymous_old

Echo wrote:

strager wrote:

I realise I don't know enough about anyone other than you, since I spent too much of yesterday focussing on only one person. I'm just trying to salvage as much information as I can.
Eh, so you're claiming Cop? Because you say you know something about me.

Echo wrote:

edit: strager, why are you suddenly so defensive of adam?
I'm not. I'm trying to find out why Derekku says he is a Mafia. Maybe I'm just missing something in his logic, but it seems as if he's giving bogus reasoning.
Echo
anonymous_old

Echo wrote:

strager wrote:

Echo wrote:

Eh, so you're claiming Cop? Because you say you know something about me.
I never claimed anything of that sort. I know more about you than anyone else because I focussed only on you yesterday?
That doesn't mean you know unless you trust.

Anyway, apparently you understand Derekku's reason, so can you try explaning why adam is a Mafia?
0_o
I don't think Echo is cop; if he was he probably would have investigated you before accusing you all day :P
Echo
"I don't know enough about anyone other you" == "I know more about you than anyone else"

It doesn't indicate anything.

I think I see what derekku is getting at but I'll prefer to wait until Olinad answers my question.
anonymous_old

0_o wrote:

I don't think Echo is cop; if he was he probably would have investigated you before accusing you all day :P
I thought the Doctor can only investigate at Night.

Thus Echo may have investigated me at Night and saw I was the Doctor, thus getting off my case.
0_o

strager wrote:

0_o wrote:

Thus Echo may have investigated me at Night and saw I was the Doctor, thus getting off my case.
Yeah, but why would he have made such a case against you the first day if all he had to do to know for sure was wait till the next day?
Derekku

0_o wrote:

strager wrote:

0_o wrote:

Yeah, but why would he have made such a case against you the first day if all he had to do to know for sure was wait till the next day?
Because he probably isn't the cop. >_> Like strager said, I think cop can only do something at night 1.

@strager: I'm just saying that adam has been using baseless accusations against you other than "you're suspicious".
0_o

Derekku Chan wrote:

Because he probably isn't the cop. >_>
That's what I said :P
Derekku

0_o wrote:

Derekku Chan wrote:

Because he probably isn't the cop. >_>
That's what I said :P
I know and I was agreeing with you ^_^
anonymous_old

0_o wrote:

strager wrote:

0_o wrote:

He tried to get me killed because he was a Mafia. If I were a Mafia he probably thought I would kill him. In that case, he wouldn't have the chance to use his ability.

I don't know; I just feel that Echo hasn't been strong on me today, and I equate that to him being a Cop, or at least a Townie.

Derekku Chan wrote:

@strager: I'm just saying that adam has been using baseless accusations against you other than "you're suspicious".
That still doesn't explain why you think he is a Mafia.

And really, similar "reasoning" was used against nardi.
Derekku
@strager: Well, we don't really have anything to go on. Something is better than nothing.
anonymous_old

Derekku Chan wrote:

@strager: Well, we don't really have anything to go on. Something is better than nothing.
True, but that makes adam more suspicious / likely to be a Mafia. That doesn't make him a Mafia.
Yuukari-Banteki
anonymous_old

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

strager wrote:

SFG
viewtopic.php?p=145925#p145925
Genius! But why aren't you voting for 0_o with me, if you think we are both Mafia?
if you'd bother reading my other posts, 1. i FOS'd 0_o 2. i cant vote for two people at the same time 3. i still think there is a chance that 0_o is some poor misguided human soul.
I meant to say, why don't you help me lynch 0_o, if you think he's a Mafia? (I think you misread "with" as "as well as.")

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

again, if you bother reading my other posts and for that matter some of the things strager says ("HEY lets go accuse SFG of murdering Bobby cus yknow he was TOTALLY attacking her (plus she actually bothers reading and thinking so that makes her dangerous)...oh shit she caught me lets pretend i didnt know i was voting for her *whistle*")
I have to admit I forgot for a second I voted for you (I just recalled my unvote), and I forgot BagelBob was dead. After a reread though I realized I had made a mistake.

And how did you "catch me?" The only thing you "caught" me on was a mistake in IRC.

(I don't remember exactly how I forgot, or why; I think I was busy with something else at the time.)
anonymous_old

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

strager is an obvious mafia.
LS disagrees.
Yuukari-Banteki

strager wrote:

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

again, if you bother reading my other posts and for that matter some of the things strager says ("HEY lets go accuse SFG of murdering Bobby cus yknow he was TOTALLY attacking her (plus she actually bothers reading and thinking so that makes her dangerous)...oh shit she caught me lets pretend i didnt know i was voting for her *whistle*")
I have to admit I forgot for a second I voted for you (I just recalled my unvote), and I forgot BagelBob was dead. After a reread though I realized I had made a mistake.

And how did you "catch me?" The only thing you "caught" me on was a mistake in IRC.

(I don't remember exactly how I forgot, or why; I think I was busy with something else at the time.)

what im referring to as "catching you" was pointing out that Bobby's posts had nothing to do with attacking me and everything to do with attacking you.

strager wrote:

LS disagrees.
???? explain please!
0_o

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

strager wrote:

LS disagrees.
???? explain please!
I think LS=LadySubaru :P

EDIT: oh, didn't notice this before

SFG wrote:

0_o wrote:

And to strager: I already said before that I haven't counted him out as mafia. It's just right now the only thing I had going against him is his strong conviction that you were mafia (and now I'm starting to wonder myself). I'm waiting for more information, particularly who the next night kills are, and what he has to say about other people besides you.
uhh let me clear this up a bit for you. last game of this ended in three days. THREE. if we don't hit a mafia tonight we'll be LyLo tomorrow and if we dont hit a mafia then either we're all dead. That's what happened last game. Do you want to give the mafia a chance to pick off villagers while we bumble around saying "we need more info!"? strager is an obvious mafia.
My post was only regarding Echo; I know this lynch is important, but seeing as all we know about Echo right now is that he is completely against strager, I simply can't come to any conclusions about him yet.
anonymous_old

0_o wrote:

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

strager wrote:

LS disagrees.
???? explain please!
Yes.

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

what im referring to as "catching you" was pointing out that Bobby's posts had nothing to do with attacking me and everything to do with attacking you.
One, I never said he was attacking you, just being suspicious of you.
Two, I made a mistake; I think BagelBob was susupicious of someone but I learned it wasn't you. (I still need to go back on BagelBob's posts myself.)
Three, ...
anonymous_old

0_o wrote:

EDIT: oh, didn't notice this before
She snuck in an edit.
Yuukari-Banteki

strager wrote:

0_o wrote:

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

???? explain please!
Yes.
what i mean is, when and where did LS disagree. i KNOW who LS is guyz im not retarded
0_o
what i mean is, when and where did LS disagree. i KNOW who LS is guyz im not retarded
I assume he means in his role PM?
adam2046
*yawn*
Mornin-...afternoon guys (eheh, I slept untill 2:00 :cry: )

So anyway, I have quite come to grips with the fact that if strager is in fact the doctor (and not very good at being it) I will be lynched tomorrow.
I am quite resolute in voting strager.

Strager has quite simply been acting suspicious all game and every single suspicious thing he has done has been stated by others (also I'm not very good at bringing up quotes since that requires *gasp* rereading.) Strager seems ready to change his position on matters when people start poking small holes in what he says (to a lesser extent derek too) changing his opinion seemingly daily to show himself in a better light (or this is all paranoia talking...)

That is one reason why I am voting strager (happy yet? I don't want to have to type out more...)
Derekku

adam2046 wrote:

happy yet?
A leetle ^_^

I'll keep my vote as is for now, though. Plus it's 1:30am and Derek needs sleepy time~
anonymous_old
SFG, I mean to say, if you ask LS, and she were free to speak, she would disagree.

adam, I see how that makes me an easy target. However, when someone finds a flaw in my logic, I usually agree with them, and go with their own logic (i.e. the reasoning which proved mine wrong). I'm not sure if that's A Bad Thing (tm) in Mafia games but it makes sense to me.
adam2046
But usually they haven't really proved you wrong right?
They just point out tiny things and you're quick to change.
I myself, don't think a townie would change so quickly (I'm not too sure though, I know I don't.)
anonymous_old

adam2046 wrote:

But usually they haven't really proved you wrong right?
They just point out tiny things and you're quick to change.
I myself, don't think a townie would change so quickly (I'm not too sure though, I know I don't.)
Uh, why wouldn't I change quickly? Most of the time I have no evidence to support my own view (to counter the evidence against it) so keeping with that view would make it seem as if I were hiding something (see 0_o's reasons for not voting for Echo).
show more