forum

Newbie Mafia 2! [Mafia Win!]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Echo
よろしくおねがいしま~す
nardii
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Derekku

nardi11011 wrote:

Echo wrote:

よろしくおねがいしま~す
QFT

like i know what it means
Please remember me IIRC
anonymous_old

nardi11011 wrote:

Anyway, I'm keeping my vote on strager as he just seems to be acting too strange to me.
Are you trying to be punny?

nardi11011 wrote:

Especially his very first slip-up doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of his posts, as I don't see why someone would rather risk dying the first night than lie about their role.
Again, claiming Doctor was a mistake. I didn't mean to "risk dying" by doing it because I didn't mean to do it.
BagelBob_old

nardi11011 wrote:

Holy shit, 6 pages? I hate timezones. Anyway, I'm keeping my vote on strager as he just seems to be acting too strange to me. Especially his very first slip-up doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of his posts, as I don't see why someone would rather risk dying the first night than lie about their role. I don't see anyone else as overly suspicious, so I'm not changing my vote.

also,

Echo wrote:

よろしくおねがいしま~す
QFT

like i know what it means
Could you explain farther what you mean by "fit in with the rest of his posts"? Also, are you going to be more active, or are we going to see you once every three days?

0_o, who are you voting for right now? That last one was only 80% there.

and I think Echo said "Thank you very much," but I'm not sure.
0_o

BagelBob wrote:

I'm indifferent on whether we lynch nardi or adam, and nardi hasn't said anything that would convince me to change my vote, so for now, my vote stands.
anonymous_old

0_o wrote:

BagelBob wrote:

I'm indifferent on whether we lynch nardi or adam, and nardi hasn't said anything that would convince me to change my vote, so for now, my vote stands.
BagelBob was referring to this:

0_o wrote:

strager wrote:

Derekku Chan wrote:

That means you are mafia? :<
I am not a Mafia.
Funny, that's exactly what someone who is in the mafia would say

vote stra-

lol
Please state CLEARLY who you are voting for.
BagelBob_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
0_o
That vote for you was a joke, I obviously wouldn't defend you this whole time, then vote for you because you said you weren't mafia :|

And I'm voting for nardi because as I've already said

0_o wrote:

EDIT: and if you think about it, his theory on strager's bandwagon (Echo, SFG, adam, nardi) does make some sense. Wouldn't you think a mafia member would jump at the chance to lynch the potential doctor? I think it's very likely that both of the mafia members are in that group.
I'm not confident enough to vote Echo and I believe SFG is a townie. So I'm fine with either nardi or adam, and since nardi is already on L-2, then well, there you go. I'm not going to split the vote between 2 people who I think should be lynched.
BagelBob_old

0_o wrote:

That vote for you was a joke, I obviously wouldn't defend you this whole time, then vote for you because you said you weren't mafia :|

And I'm voting for him because as I've already said

0_o wrote:

EDIT: and if you think about it, his theory on strager's bandwagon (Echo, SFG, adam, nardi) does make some sense. Wouldn't you think a mafia member would jump at the chance to lynch the potential doctor? I think it's very likely that both of the mafia members are in that group.
I'm not confident enough to vote Echo and I believe SFG is a townie. So I'm fine with either nardi or adam, and since nardi is already on L-2, then well, there you go. I'm not going to split the vote between 2 people who I think should be lynched.
Which actions/posts make you believe that Echo and SFG are townies?
They both voted for strager, just like nardi and adam, who you believe is the doctor.
Echo
mod: I'd like to know how many hours until night (6pm what timezone?) and a vote count please.
anonymous_old
0_o

BagelBob wrote:

They both voted for strager, just like nardi and adam, who you believe is the doctor.
strager answered your question about Echo above

As for SFG, I'm pretty sure this is the third time I've said this, but it's because kuwarudo complained he was a townie, quit, and was replaced my SFG. 1) I don't think he would quit if he was mafia, 2) why would he lie if he is quitting?

strager wrote:

0_o, IMO voting because of the number of votes on one's head isn't a good idea for a Townie (only a Mafia because a Mafia knows if he's lynching a Townie or not). If you are split between nardi and adam you'll need another reason to vote for one or the other. If you stick to your vote for nardi solely to keep him at L-1 without another reason I'm more incline to believe you are a Mafia. (This is supported by you avoiding voting on Echo.)
First of all, he's at L-2 - Bagelbob retracted his vote
I'm not really split between them, I'm indifferent between them. I would be just as happy voting off adam as I would nardi. And since nardi is the more likely candidate right now, it would be pointless to vote for adam since that would just make it more difficult to lynch nardi, whom I believe is just as likely to be mafia as adam.
I hope that made sense? :P
Yuukari-Banteki

BagelBob wrote:

to be fair, the first time i voted for strager i was trying to rush through things because id missed about seven pages of textwall arguments between Echo and strager. I hadn't actually read them in very much detail, i just wanted to ensure i got to vote. (I obviously hadnt checked when the deadline was either ._.)
anonymous_old

0_o wrote:

1) I don't think he would quit if he was mafia
Well, it is kuu...

0_o wrote:

2) why would he lie if he is quitting?
I don't see a reason not to lie, other than wanting to be truthful.

strager wrote:

0_o, IMO voting because of the number of votes on one's head isn't a good idea for a Townie (only a Mafia because a Mafia knows if he's lynching a Townie or not). If you are split between nardi and adam you'll need another reason to vote for one or the other. If you stick to your vote for nardi solely to keep him at L-1 without another reason I'm more incline to believe you are a Mafia. (This is supported by you avoiding voting on Echo.)

0_o wrote:

First of all, he's at L-2 - Bagelbob retracted his vote
Not at the time you voted.

0_o wrote:

I'm not really split between them, I'm indifferent between them. I would be just as happy voting off adam as I would nardi. And since nardi is the more likely candidate right now, it would be pointless to vote for adam since that would just make it more difficult to lynch nardi, whom I believe is just as likely to be mafia as adam.
I hope that made sense? :P
Still doesn't mean anything to me. I understand it, but it's definitely not a reason from what I can see.
Echo
Can someone explain to me why we just jumped to voting for nardi when strager has been so suspicious and refusing to defend himself?

strager wrote:

Echo wrote:

Echo wrote:

Whereas I've conjured up a single sentence with enough evidence to send you to kingdom come, none of which you've satisfactorily defended against, you've brought none of my posts against me.
I would like you to do two things:
  1. refute my 3 points in the linked post
  2. attack me with my posts
Well you're not getting it.

edit: @strager:
kuu is obviously townie
the way sfg has posted is obviously townie

You're trying to bring suspicion onto someone who is obviously townie. Now why would you do that?
BagelBob_old
anonymous_old

Echo wrote:

You're trying to bring suspicion onto someone who is obviously townie. Now why would you do that?
I defended too, somewhat:

strager wrote:

SFG's first vote on me was just a bandwagon vote it seems, because I was the more suspicious.
SFG's second vote on me was a misunderstanding: viewtopic.php?p=141154#p141154
And isn't the point of the game is to present likely possibilities and have others debunk them?
Derekku

Echo wrote:

Can someone explain to me why we just jumped to voting for nardi when strager has been so suspicious and refusing to defend himself?
Because nardi hasn't defended himself either. He was at L-1 and still hadn't posted. He may just be a townie that does't give a crap about the game, though. =/

But as one of you said: If a townie gets lynched that didn't contribute in the first place, it wouldn't even be a loss. :<
Echo
anonymous_old

Derekku Chan wrote:

But as one of you said: If a townie gets lynched that didn't contribute in the first place, it wouldn't even be a loss. :<
Yes it is a loss. That's one Night the Mafia has to waste their kill on.

Echo wrote:

I just fear I won't be around to lynch a mafia :X
I doubt your Mafia buddy would kill you, and I doubt today we'll lynch you. You'll have your chance to lynch your own friend someday.
0_o
anonymous_old

0_o wrote:

Echo is coming out very strongly this game, and while he does have that level of suspicion, he can also be very useful if he is pro-town. I don't want to lynch him yet because the potential of Echo being a strong asset for the town is greater than my suspicion that he is mafia.
That reasoning goes both ways really. That is, he could be a major asset to the Mafia.

0_o wrote:

Now adam and nardi on the other hand, haven't been contributing a whole lot to the game, so as opposed to the case with Echo, there isn't much risk in lynching them.
So there isn't much rick in lynching me either?

0_o wrote:

There are a few more specific reasons that I don't want to lynch Echo yet, but I can't say them here because I don't want these reasons to be visible to the mafia.
Because you know things we don't I'm more inclined to think you are a Mafia.
Unless you discovered these reasons through real reasoning, of course.
0_o

strager wrote:

0_o wrote:

Echo is coming out very strongly this game, and while he does have that level of suspicion, he can also be very useful if he is pro-town. I don't want to lynch him yet because the potential of Echo being a strong asset for the town is greater than my suspicion that he is mafia.
That reasoning goes both ways really. That is, he could be a major asset to the Mafia.
That's true, but again I have other reasons for keeping him around that I can't let the mafia be aware of.

0_o wrote:

Now adam and nardi on the other hand, haven't been contributing a whole lot to the game, so as opposed to the case with Echo, there isn't much risk in lynching them.
If you read my next sentence you would see..

0_o wrote:

If it turns out they aren't mafia, it wouldn't be as much of a loss to the town as Echo and strager would if they were pro-town.
You are risky to lynch because of the possibility you are the doctor.

0_o wrote:

There are a few more specific reasons that I don't want to lynch Echo yet, but I can't say them here because I don't want these reasons to be visible to the mafia.
Because you know things we don't I'm more inclined to think you are a Mafia.
Unless you discovered these reasons through real reasoning, of course.
I don't have evidence per se, but theories of how the mafia will behave (not on how they are behaving now). I obviously can't openly discuss these theories, because the mafia of course will see them and act accordingly.
anonymous_old

0_o wrote:

0_o wrote:

0_o wrote:

If it turns out they aren't mafia, it wouldn't be as much of a loss to the town as Echo and strager would if they were pro-town.
I see that, but it wasn't in that one sentence (only Echo was) so I got a bit suspicious...
0_o

strager wrote:

0_o wrote:

0_o wrote:

0_o wrote:

I see that, but it wasn't in that one sentence (only Echo was) so I got a bit suspicious...
That's because Bagelbob was only asking about Echo, nardi and adam. I just threw you in as another example.
anonymous_old
BagelBob_old
nardi, anything else you want to say? At this point, you might want to get out what you want to say while you can...

Also, if you could read this post it might change my mind.

Mod: You're the best.
Where's Olinad? Can I request another prod?
Echo
I think lynching nardi is a mistake.
BagelBob_old

Echo wrote:

I think lynching nardi is a mistake.
Any ideas on who strager's buddy is?
Echo
I'm inclined to think 0_o
anonymous_old

Echo wrote:

I'm inclined to think 0_o
I'm inclined to think too. 0_o

EDIT: I wrote include instead of inclined. wtf.
BagelBob_old
0_o
I don't know if this means anything, but if I really was in league with strager I would distance myself from him as much as possible; frankly I think it'd be pretty stupid of me if we were mafia to blatantly defend him like that, since if one of us gets lynched and was revealed to be mafia, the other would be the obvious partner.

Sure I would try to keep him alive, but I would do it passively by pushing someone else, not by swooping to his rescue whenever someone makes an assusation.

I don't know if there is some logic fallacy in this argument, I'm just saying that's how my mind would work.
Topic Starter
LadySuburu
Votecount 6:

nardi - 3 (Derekku, SFG, 0_o)
strager - 3 (adam, nardi, Echo)
Echo - 1 (strager)

Not voting: 2 - (Olinad, BagelBob)

Deadline, unless Olinad chooses not to post before then, is Thursday 6:00PM, GMT -5/6 (Central)
anonymous_old

0_o wrote:

Sure I would try to keep him alive, but I would do it passively by pushing someone else, not by swooping to his rescue whenever someone makes an assusation.
But that's an obvious Scum tell, if you're carefully read (and since you don't have TOO many posts I wouldn't think it'd be difficult to read).

I have to agree, though, and the buddying is kinda annoying. I understand you trust me but we don't have to be friends for that. ;P
Yuukari-Banteki
<strager|irc> LS is in TX?
<strager|irc> and so is BagelBob?
<strager|irc> </guesses>
<BagelBob> so?
<BagelBob> If Olinad posts 5 min before the deadline, he's a dead-man
<SFG|Rh> ^
<SFG|Rh> oh i should post that
<BagelBob> I think that it's generally understood
0_o

strager wrote:

0_o wrote:

But that's an obvious Scum tell, if you're carefully read (and since you don't have TOO many posts I wouldn't think it'd be difficult to read).
What? Proposing to lynch someone who isn't being grilled is scum tell? So you are saying that one should just agree with what the majority of people are saying... but oh wait, that's bandwagoning. And hey look, isn't that scum tell too?

I have to agree, though, and the buddying is kinda annoying. I understand you trust me but we don't have to be friends for that. ;P
I'm not trying to be your bff, I'm trying to keep the person who is most likely to be the doctor alive :|
anonymous_old

0_o wrote:

strager wrote:

0_o wrote:

What? Proposing to lynch someone who isn't being grilled is scum tell? So you are saying that one should just agree with what the majority of people are saying... but oh wait, that's bandwagoning. And hey look, isn't that scum tell too?
Actually I made a mistake. I must have misread what you wrote, because I don't really see how that'd be a Scum tell. =S
BagelBob_old

0_o wrote:

swooping to his rescue whenever someone makes an assusation.
Maybe that's what you meant?
show more