Newbie Mafia 2! [Mafia Win!]

posted
Total Posts
635
show more
Echo
Stop twisting my words.

I'm saying if you can't defend yourself, then there is no reason why anyone should believe what you say. If you can defend yourself, then that proves you're not mafia, and what you say holds legitimate value.

  1. Assume what everyone is saying is true
  2. Find evidence to show that a person is likely lying. From this point on assume everything he says is false.
  3. That person defends himself.
  4. Given that the person does so convincingly, assume from this point on everything he says is true. Otherwise, he is likely mafia and should be lynched.
anonymous_old

Echo wrote:

Stop twisting my words.
But it's so fun.

Echo wrote:

I'm saying if you can't defend yourself, then there is no reason why anyone should believe what you say. If you can defend yourself, then that proves you're not mafia, and what you say holds legitimate value.
I'm sure a Mafia can convincingly defend themself too, smart one.

Echo wrote:

  1. Assume what everyone is saying is true
  2. Find evidence to show that a person is likely lying. From this point on assume everything he says is false.
  3. That person defends himself.
  4. Given that the person does so convincingly, assume from this point on everything he says is true. Otherwise, he is likely mafia and should be lynched.
And this logic has gotten you how far in Mafia games?
Echo

strager wrote:

Echo wrote:

I'm saying if you can't defend yourself, then there is no reason why anyone should believe what you say. If you can defend yourself, then that proves you're not mafia, and what you say holds legitimate value.
I'm sure a Mafia can convincingly defend themself too, smart one.
Good to see you know you're not doing a very good job of it.

strager wrote:

Echo wrote:

  1. Assume what everyone is saying is true
  2. Find evidence to show that a person is likely lying. From this point on assume everything he says is false.
  3. That person defends himself.
  4. Given that the person does so convincingly, assume from this point on everything he says is true. Otherwise, he is likely mafia and should be lynched.
And this logic has gotten you how far in Mafia games?
page 26 so far, I believe
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
0_o
And this logic has gotten you how far in Mafia games?
His logic does get him killed quickly in mafia games, but it's usually because the assassins are scared of him ;)
Trust me, I know.

EDIT: bleh I think I misunderstood that post anyway. good night.
adam2046
I only won in Mafia 1 because I had the strategic forsight to take Echo (important to the structual integrity of the humans) out day 1 if he had been kept alive I would have lost on LyLo.

That, is exactly where Echo's logic would have gotten him.
Echo
I would also like to selfishly request that the real doctor, if such a role exists, protect me during the night.
Derekku
I'm with adam/0_o. Echo is effing good at these games, and that's why he keeps getting killed off quickly; People are scared of him. :P

Why I'm still up at 5:30am I don't know.

/me falls asleep
Echo
If you're relying on me, or are biased in any way just because you think I'm good at this game (honestly, I'm not that good), then you're completely missing the point.

Now if you're scared of me, that's a different story ^^

BOO
adam2046
I am quite definitley not relying on you, first time I heavily suspect you of being Mafia, I will lynch you.
Echo
よろしくおねがいしま~す
nardii
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Derekku

nardi11011 wrote:

Echo wrote:

よろしくおねがいしま~す
QFT

like i know what it means
Please remember me IIRC
anonymous_old

nardi11011 wrote:

Anyway, I'm keeping my vote on strager as he just seems to be acting too strange to me.
Are you trying to be punny?

nardi11011 wrote:

Especially his very first slip-up doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of his posts, as I don't see why someone would rather risk dying the first night than lie about their role.
Again, claiming Doctor was a mistake. I didn't mean to "risk dying" by doing it because I didn't mean to do it.
BagelBob

nardi11011 wrote:

Holy shit, 6 pages? I hate timezones. Anyway, I'm keeping my vote on strager as he just seems to be acting too strange to me. Especially his very first slip-up doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of his posts, as I don't see why someone would rather risk dying the first night than lie about their role. I don't see anyone else as overly suspicious, so I'm not changing my vote.

also,

Echo wrote:

よろしくおねがいしま~す
QFT

like i know what it means
Could you explain farther what you mean by "fit in with the rest of his posts"? Also, are you going to be more active, or are we going to see you once every three days?

0_o, who are you voting for right now? That last one was only 80% there.

and I think Echo said "Thank you very much," but I'm not sure.
0_o

BagelBob wrote:

0_o, who are you voting for right now? That last one was only 80% there.
I'm indifferent on whether we lynch nardi or adam, and nardi hasn't said anything that would convince me to change my vote, so for now, my vote stands.
anonymous_old

0_o wrote:

BagelBob wrote:

0_o, who are you voting for right now? That last one was only 80% there.
I'm indifferent on whether we lynch nardi or adam, and nardi hasn't said anything that would convince me to change my vote, so for now, my vote stands.
BagelBob was referring to this:

0_o wrote:

strager wrote:

Derekku Chan wrote:

That means you are mafia? :<
I am not a Mafia.
Funny, that's exactly what someone who is in the mafia would say

vote stra-

lol
Please state CLEARLY who you are voting for.
BagelBob
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
0_o
That vote for you was a joke, I obviously wouldn't defend you this whole time, then vote for you because you said you weren't mafia :|

And I'm voting for nardi because as I've already said

0_o wrote:

EDIT: and if you think about it, his theory on strager's bandwagon (Echo, SFG, adam, nardi) does make some sense. Wouldn't you think a mafia member would jump at the chance to lynch the potential doctor? I think it's very likely that both of the mafia members are in that group.
I'm not confident enough to vote Echo and I believe SFG is a townie. So I'm fine with either nardi or adam, and since nardi is already on L-2, then well, there you go. I'm not going to split the vote between 2 people who I think should be lynched.
BagelBob

0_o wrote:

That vote for you was a joke, I obviously wouldn't defend you this whole time, then vote for you because you said you weren't mafia :|

And I'm voting for him because as I've already said

0_o wrote:

EDIT: and if you think about it, his theory on strager's bandwagon (Echo, SFG, adam, nardi) does make some sense. Wouldn't you think a mafia member would jump at the chance to lynch the potential doctor? I think it's very likely that both of the mafia members are in that group.
I'm not confident enough to vote Echo and I believe SFG is a townie. So I'm fine with either nardi or adam, and since nardi is already on L-2, then well, there you go. I'm not going to split the vote between 2 people who I think should be lynched.
Which actions/posts make you believe that Echo and SFG are townies?
They both voted for strager, just like nardi and adam, who you believe is the doctor.
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply