forum

Newbie Mafia 2! [Mafia Win!]

posted
Total Posts
show more
kuwarudo
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
anonymous_old

strager wrote:

adam2046 wrote:

No you logic doesn't exist.
You grammar doesn't exist.
nou
anonymous_old
Anyway, there are a two who have not yet spoken. I am interested in what they have to say. I realize they may have lives, may be in different time zones or have different sleeping patterns, or all of these.

nardi11011 and Olinad?

I also want to hear Echo and his I-can-analyze-the-birth-of-shit stuffs. That's always good entertainment. <3

(Jei kei I luv u <3)
kuwarudo

strager wrote:

strager wrote:

adam2046 wrote:

No you logic doesn't exist.
You grammar doesn't exist.
nou

NO U
adam2046
Get the fuck out of my thread boy.
^_^
BagelBob_old
I Vote Kuu for lying! This is NO wolf game!
kuwarudo
:(

this isn't your thread
Derekku

BagelBob wrote:

facepalm.jpg @ Bagel and this whole topic
kuwarudo

BagelBob wrote:

wat
anonymous_old

Derekku Chan wrote:

BagelBob wrote:

facepalm.jpg @ Bagel and this whole topic
Yeah it's pretty sucky right now.

Luckily I'm going to win, and so are six others. <3

I'll just relax until something interesting and pertinent to the game occurs.
Echo
If this thread is just going to turn into what happened in ww2, I quit.

Seriously, forget what I said about not bringing personal issues into the game; vote Kuwarudo. strager can go on day 2.
kuwarudo
:|Hypocrite :|
Derekku
Anyway, strager: Your role claim can go different ways:

1) You are lying about your aux role and are either:
a) Mafia: So it doesn't even matter that you're role claiming since you can't night kill yourself, but you may get lynched during the day.
b) Townie: Very stupid thing to do.

2) You really are the doctor and:
a) We may not lynch you because the doctor is a valuable asset for the town.
b) Your early role claim is very suspicious which may cause us to lynch you.
c) Mafia will lynch you so you can't help the town. (Unless you are mafia)

So, yeah. Role claiming was pretty stupid. If you're truthful that it was an accident, then it really sucks to be you. :( Like I said before, I acted stupid and got lynched on day 1 in NM1, so it happens.

EDIT: Fixed typos and stuff. Bleh I can't type at 2:30am
0_o
avatars aside, I could stand going a game without constant caps.

Unvote
Vote Kuwarudo
kuwarudo
Since all of you are always pissed off I think I'll leave, my role is just a fucking townie anyway, get another player for this game. I'm leaving.
Echo
Tell me why I shouldn't be pissed off about scrolling through two pages of strager and kuu posts that contain nothing but trash.

strager hasn't even role claimed - I said he was doctor
Derekku

Echo wrote:

strager hasn't even role claimed - I said he was doctor

strager wrote:

Echo wrote:

dammit WHY do the doctors always need to expose themselves on the first day?
D= I didn't mean to.
Sounds like he confirmed it to me. >_>
Echo
That's not a claim, it's a passing suggestion.
adam2046
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
nardii
Olinad
...yep, I'm in a different time zone :D That's why I still hadn't written anything.

Anyway, I'll wait a bit more before voting as usual... right now I'd vote for Kuu just because he's so pissing me off with all those messages... -.-' But I dunno if it's a good idea for the game.
anonymous_old

Derekku Chan wrote:

a) Mafia: So it doesn't even matter that you're role claiming since you can't night kill yourself, but you may get lynched during the day.
If someone claimed to be an important role to the town, wouldn't you be cautious not to vote him? The Mafia would have their time at night, but the role claimer shouldn't get lynched by the town.

Derekku Chan wrote:

b) Townie: Very stupid thing to do.
By "Townie" I assume you mean a citizen/villager/whatever without an aux role. I don't see how that'd be stupid? Well it's not my problem anyway.

Derekku Chan wrote:

2) You really are the doctor and:
a) We may not lynch you because the doctor is a valuable asset for the town.
Indeed, which makes adam somewhat suspect because he is voting for me. Then again, if he were the Mafia, he'd kill me anyway. So I think it's safe to say he does believe I am the Mafia and he is not. That is, I am clearing adam's name as a suspect Mafia for me.

Derekku Chan wrote:

b) Your early role claim is very suspicious which may cause us to lynch you.
Newbie mess-up. =[ As you say it was an accident and got you killed in your first game. I'm not convinced this is A Bad Thing quite yet because nothing has come from it.

// Fixing tags ]

Derekku Chan wrote:

Indeed they likely will, unless for some reason they think I am lying, and I'm just a villager.

(Striked comment is irrelevant because the point assumes I am the Doctor.)

----------

kuwarudo wrote:

Since all of you are always pissed off I think I'll leave, my role is just a fucking townie anyway, get another player for this game. I'm leaving.
If that is a formal resignation please PM the mod so he knows to find a replacement.

And no, I'm not pissed off at you. I'm just kind of confused at your lulzy actions in a somewhat serious game. Sure, I like to have fun, but saying 'wat' every post and ALLCAPS spam is not funny at all and degrades the quality of the game. If you refrain from posting these types of posts, or at least limit yourself, the game will be more enjoyable.

----------

Echo wrote:

Tell me why I shouldn't be pissed off about scrolling through two pages of strager and kuu posts that contain nothing but trash.
Yeah, yeah, I'll stop. Sorry. =X I'll get more serious into the game from now on.

----------

Olinad wrote:

Anyway, I'll wait a bit more before voting as usual... right now I'd vote for Kuu just because he's so pissing me off with all those messages... -.-' But I dunno if it's a good idea for the game.
This could be a crazy tactic used by kuu. He's acting so strange that he must be a Mafia. But then again, why would a Mafia attract so much attention to himself? Once that is discovered (by maybe a real Mafia) those voting against kuu may retract their votes. Thus, fingers would be pointed away from kuu, which is the original plan, because kuu is a Mafia.

I'm considering changing my vote, but want more evidence because I'm not entirely sure.
0_o
oook

as much as kuwarudo's posts can be annoying/pointless, I'm inclined to believe him in his villager claim, and I don't want to lynch a townie just so I don't have to skip over some useless posts. So (sorry) unvote Kuwarudo

my vote is now pending future discussion ^_^

EDIT: also, could everyone post their time zones? I'm EST -0500
anonymous_old

0_o wrote:

my vote is now pending future discussion ^_^
You mean to say we should discuss who you should vote for? ;P

0_o wrote:

also, could everyone post their time zones? I'm EST -0500
EST (GMT -05:00) here as well. DST applies but hopefully this won't cross into whatevermonthDSTchangesthetime.
Olinad
GMT +1, and I'm still going to school every morning til saturday... so I won't be here so much!
0_o
anonymous_old

Olinad wrote:

I'm still going to school every morning til saturday... so I won't be here so much!
No worries. You'll be killed on Night one anyway.

=]
Derekku
anonymous_old
0_o
BagelBob_old

strager wrote:

Indeed, which makes adam somewhat suspect because he is voting for me. Then again, if he were the Mafia, he'd kill me anyway. So I think it's safe to say he does believe I am the Mafia and he is not. That is, I am clearing adam's name as a suspect Mafia for me.

parody wrote:

Adam is voting for me, thus he must be a townie.
Sorry, I just couldn't resist. The way you say it makes it sound funny.

Also, no one should be getting pissed off right now. There hasn't been enough time for anyone to act super-suspicious, so votes at this point don't really mean much.

Oh, and I'm CDT (gmt-5). But I have a weird schedule.
Topic Starter
LadySuburu
Finding a replacement for Kuu.
anonymous_old

LadySuburu wrote:

Finding a replacement for Kuu.
Aww. =[
Echo

strager wrote:

If someone claimed to be an important role to the town, wouldn't you be cautious not to vote him? The Mafia would have their time at night, but the role claimer shouldn't get lynched by the town.
Why are you defending yourself?

strager wrote:

adam's done absolutely nothing to convince anyone that he's not mafia. All he's done is put a vote on you with no explanation. You have no reason to clear his name unless you already know he's a townie.

strager wrote:

Derekku Chan wrote:

c) Mafia will lynch you so you can't help the town.
Indeed they likely will, unless for some reason they think I am lying, and I'm just a villager.
Villagers don't lie about aux roles.

strager wrote:

This could be a crazy tactic used by kuu. He's acting so strange that he must be a Mafia. But then again, why would a Mafia attract so much attention to himself? Once that is discovered (by maybe a real Mafia) those voting against kuu may retract their votes. Thus, fingers would be pointed away from kuu, which is the original plan, because kuu is a Mafia.
Circular reasoning, buddy. In other words, you've said absolutely nothing.

edit:
also unvote
mod: can we get a vote tally please?
Topic Starter
LadySuburu
Votecount 1:

SFG - 1 (BagelBob)
Echo - 1 (strager)
strager - 1 (adam)

Not voting: 6 - (SFG, Echo, 0_o, Derekku, Olinad, nardi)
anonymous_old

Echo wrote:

strager wrote:

Why are you defending yourself?
For one, you missed the part I quoted:

Derekku Chan wrote:

I was merely saying that if I were Mafia I would role claim to defend myself (because you wouldn't want to lynch a Doctor unless you were a Mafia, of course). But I am not role claiming to defend myself.

And it's not true that I'm using that to defend myself. So I'm not sure where you think I'm defending myself.

In other words I'm kinda confused by your claim there.

(Yes, I realize that Derek was just analyzing possible situations. I took each analysis and commented on them myself.)

Echo wrote:

strager wrote:

adam's done absolutely nothing to convince anyone that he's not mafia. All he's done is put a vote on you with no explanation. You have no reason to clear his name unless you already know he's a townie.
I never said I was convinced he wasn't Mafia. I'm just saying for today I won't consider him a possible target for vote.

Echo wrote:

strager wrote:

Derekku Chan wrote:

c) Mafia will lynch you so you can't help the town.
Eh? Is that a rule, or are you stating a general trend?

Echo wrote:

strager wrote:

Circular reasoning, buddy. In other words, you've said absolutely nothing.
Indeed it is circular reasoning. However, because of this circular reasoning I believe kuu was trying to confuse (see his odd posts) and thus is a Mafia.

That was just suspicion anyway. If you or anyone else chooses to disregard that I'm fine with that. By your comment of it being circular reasoning, even, I'm beginning to doubt that's the truth.

So, kuu, sorry to accuse. =X

Echo wrote:

mod: can we get a vote tally please?
Agreed.

EDIT: Note to everyone: SFG is replacing kuu for this game.
Derekku

derekku chan wrote:

Or night kill. I think I meant both. Doesn't matter.
Echo

strager wrote:

I was merely saying that if I were Mafia I would role claim to defend myself (because you wouldn't want to lynch a Doctor unless you were a Mafia, of course). But I am not role claiming to defend myself. And it's not true that I'm using that to defend myself. So I'm not sure where you think I'm defending myself.
First, you claim an important role. Then you make a post saying that people shouldn't be voting for someone who claims a role. How is that not defending yourself!?

Also part in bold - what do you mean you're not defending yourself? That's a baseless statement with no evidence.

strager wrote:

So I think it's safe to say he does believe I am the Mafia and he is not. That is, I am clearing adam's name as a suspect Mafia for me.

strager wrote:

I never said I was convinced he wasn't Mafia.
Read that and tell me you never said you weren't convinced. You were absolutely totally completely convinced in the first quote that adam is not mafia.

strager wrote:

Echo wrote:

There's no reason for townies to claim aux roles. "Drawing attention" away from the real aux roles almost never works. The only people with reason to claim an aux role are either wolves or the real aux role.

There is an exception, of course, when it's all planned out, but you can't talk behind the scenes in this game so you can't use someone else as a substitute and act through them to protect yourself.

strager wrote:

Indeed it is circular reasoning. However, because of this circular reasoning I believe kuu was trying to confuse (see his odd posts) and thus is a Mafia.
I think he was just raging, actually.
anonymous_old

Derekku Chan wrote:

derekku chan wrote:

Or night kill. I think I meant both. Doesn't matter.
Oh, I misread your statement. I thought by lynch you meant kill during the Night.

I guess the Mafia could convince everyone to vote for me to be lynched. That'd be pretty difficult though because not much information is out there, and the Mafia know more than we do (they know which team everyone is on, right?). So ... that could be a clue.
anonymous_old

Echo wrote:

strager wrote:

I was merely saying that if I were Mafia I would role claim to defend myself (because you wouldn't want to lynch a Doctor unless you were a Mafia, of course). But I am not role claiming to defend myself. And it's not true that I'm using that to defend myself. So I'm not sure where you think I'm defending myself.
First, you claim an important role. Then you make a post saying that people shouldn't be voting for someone who claims a role. How is that not defending yourself!?
No, I was asking a question:

strager wrote:

If someone claimed to be an important role to the town, wouldn't you be cautious not to vote him?

Echo wrote:

Also part in bold - what do you mean you're not defending yourself? That's a baseless statement with no evidence.
Saying I am defending myself (however implicitly) is baseless. So I'll completely disregard your attacks on my defense.

Echo wrote:

strager wrote:

So I think it's safe to say he does believe I am the Mafia and he is not. That is, I am clearing adam's name as a suspect Mafia for me.

strager wrote:

I never said I was convinced he wasn't Mafia.
Read that and tell me you never said you weren't convinced. You were absolutely totally completely convinced in the first quote that adam is not mafia.
I meant to say I wasn't convinced by someone else. Sorry.

Echo wrote:

strager wrote:

Echo wrote:

There's no reason for townies to claim aux roles. "Drawing attention" away from the real aux roles almost never works. The only people with reason to claim an aux role are either wolves or the real aux role.

There is an exception, of course, when it's all planned out, but you can't talk behind the scenes in this game so you can't use someone else as a substitute and act through them to protect yourself.
I see, that's something you've learned from experience? I'll keep that in mind for the next games I play, and even this game when the Cop shows up (if there even is a Cop; see my post a few pages back).

Echo wrote:

strager wrote:

I think he was just raging, actually.
Heh, I guess so. Kinda hard to discern for me; I don't know kuu.
show more