forum

Newbie Mafia 2! [Mafia Win!]

posted
Total Posts
show more
BagelBob_old
strager, when you say "his buddy" who are you referring to?
anonymous_old

BagelBob wrote:

strager wrote:

Woah there.

Hasty.

I have noticed nardi in the "Users browsing the forum" at the bottom on several occasions and he hasn't posted. So here's what I think.

If he is a Townie, he's going a pretty horrible job at "blending in." He stands out as a lurker and doesn't even attempt to post anything meaningful.
If he is a Mafia, he's trying to sabotage the game by the same cause so Mafia loses. That's Pretty Gay (tm).

I really doubt a Mafia would sabotage his buddy like that so I'm leaning toward the possibility of him being a Townie.

Yes, I'm defending nardi, but it's not like he's here so he can to defend himself anyway. =\

EDIT: [strike] and added "to" to make sentence more understandable.
When you say "his buddy" who are you referring to? (nardi is "a Mafia" in that sentence, yes?)
"His buddy" being the other Mafia.
BagelBob_old
I'm sorry, I read that wrong.

"If he is a Mafia, he's trying to sabotage the game by the same cause so Mafia loses."
This reasoning escapes me so much, I must have changed Mafia loses to Town loses just to keep my sanity.
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Echo

strager/agreeing with 0_o's post wrote:

Indeed. Echo himself used my mistakes as evidence that I am a Mafia, which contradicts what he says here.
Um lol? You are mafia. No contradiction whatsoever.

Whereas I've conjured up a single sentence with enough evidence to send you to kingdom come, none of which you've satisfactorily defended against, you've brought none of my posts against me. Until you do that, what I've said stands true.

Vote: strager
FOS: 0_o
anonymous_old

Echo wrote:

strager/agreeing with 0_o's post wrote:

Indeed. Echo himself used my mistakes as evidence that I am a Mafia, which contradicts what he says here.
Um lol? You are mafia. No contradiction whatsoever.
Ah, kill me, I misread what you wrote. Sorry. x_x

Echo wrote:

Until you do that, what I've said stands true.
True until proven false is your word?
Echo
I see you've ignored the most important part.

I'll give you a hint, it's the bolded half sentence in the second unquoted paragraph.
anonymous_old

Echo wrote:

I'll give you a hint, it's the bolded half sentence in the second unquoted paragraph.
I could almost say the same.
Echo

Echo wrote:

Whereas I've conjured up a single sentence with enough evidence to send you to kingdom come, none of which you've satisfactorily defended against, you've brought none of my posts against me.
You be the judge.

I would like you to do two things:
  1. refute my 3 points in the linked post
  2. attack me with my posts
anonymous_old
Judges can't rule for a case in which they are the defendant.

strager wrote:

True until proven false is your word?
EDIT:

Echo wrote:

I would like you to do two things:
  1. refute my 3 points in the linked post
  2. attack me with my posts
Well you're not getting it.
Echo
In this game, everything is true until proven false.

If everything is false until proven true, you won't be able to get past day 1.
Derekku
Hey guise I have the best idea.

strager and echo are both mafia and are just trying to confuse us all lol

jk
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Derekku

strager wrote:

Derekku Chan wrote:

jk
I hope not?
You hope I'm not joking? That means you are mafia? :<
Echo
@derekku: then lynch strager today and me tomorrow. It's not like you can lynch two people on the same day. If we're both mafia, it won't make a difference. I don't mind dying, if it'll help townies win. It's a team game after all.

@strager: then tell me why anyone should be listening to you.
anonymous_old
anonymous_old

Echo wrote:

@derekku: then lynch strager today and me tomorrow. It's not like you can lynch two people on the same day. If we're both mafia, it won't make a difference. I don't mind dying, if it'll help townies win. It's a team game after all.
If you want to take one for the team, why don't you do it now?

Here, I'll help.

Vote: Echo

Echo wrote:

What are you citing to come to this 'conclusion' exactly?
0_o

strager wrote:

Derekku Chan wrote:

That means you are mafia? :<
I am not a Mafia.
Funny, that's exactly what someone who is in the mafia would say

vote stra-

lol
Echo
You're refusing to defend yourself against my evidence, and you're refusing to bring any evidence against me, yet you claim you are townie and I am mafia?

I think the simple answer is that there is no evidence you can use to defend yourself, and there is no evidence you can bring against me. Which means you are mafia, and I am townie.
0_o
Actually Echo..

0_o wrote:

Echo wrote:

0_o wrote:

So.. you are saying that the mafia is incapable of coming up with a valid reason to lynch someone?
That is exactly what I'm saying. There should be no evidence in posts against townies, which means mafia won't be able to bring up a valid reason to lynch a townie.
Why not? Humans come up with "evidence" against other humans to lynch them, the only difference is that the mafia actually knows that they are lynching a human.
any response to this?
Echo
Townies will be able to convincingly bring evidence to show that the evidence used against them is misguided.
anonymous_old
Derekku

Echo wrote:

You're refusing to defend yourself against my evidence, and you're refusing to bring any evidence against me, yet you claim you are townie and I am mafia?

I think the simple answer is that there is no evidence you can use to defend yourself, and there is no evidence you can bring against me. Which means you are mafia, and I am townie.
Echo brings up good points. :/

Vot- Nah.

FOS: strager (because it wasn't already obvious </sarcasm>)
anonymous_old

Echo wrote:

Townies will be able to convincingly bring evidence to show that the evidence used against them is misguided.
I think you're mistaken.

Townies will be able to present a LACK of evidence in the claims of those against them.
Derekku

strager wrote:

Echo wrote:

That doesn't explain this at all:

Echo wrote:

which is what I asked about.

You're saying even if I defend myself I shouldn't be believed, and even if I attack you I shouldn't be believed?
You're not defending yourself good enough. If you do it right, people will believe you. =)
Echo
Stop twisting my words.

I'm saying if you can't defend yourself, then there is no reason why anyone should believe what you say. If you can defend yourself, then that proves you're not mafia, and what you say holds legitimate value.

1. Assume what everyone is saying is true
  2. Find evidence to show that a person is likely lying. From this point on assume everything he says is false.
  3. That person defends himself.
  4. Given that the person does so convincingly, assume from this point on everything he says is true. Otherwise, he is likely mafia and should be lynched.
anonymous_old

Echo wrote:

Stop twisting my words.
But it's so fun.

Echo wrote:

I'm saying if you can't defend yourself, then there is no reason why anyone should believe what you say. If you can defend yourself, then that proves you're not mafia, and what you say holds legitimate value.
I'm sure a Mafia can convincingly defend themself too, smart one.

Echo wrote:

2. Find evidence to show that a person is likely lying. From this point on assume everything he says is false.
  4. Given that the person does so convincingly, assume from this point on everything he says is true. Otherwise, he is likely mafia and should be lynched.
And this logic has gotten you how far in Mafia games?
Echo

strager wrote:

Echo wrote:

I'm sure a Mafia can convincingly defend themself too, smart one.
Good to see you know you're not doing a very good job of it.

strager wrote:

Echo wrote:

page 26 so far, I believe
anonymous_old
0_o
His logic does get him killed quickly in mafia games, but it's usually because the assassins are scared of him ;)
Trust me, I know.

EDIT: bleh I think I misunderstood that post anyway. good night.
adam2046
I only won in Mafia 1 because I had the strategic forsight to take Echo (important to the structual integrity of the humans) out day 1 if he had been kept alive I would have lost on LyLo.

That, is exactly where Echo's logic would have gotten him.
Echo
I would also like to selfishly request that the real doctor, if such a role exists, protect me during the night.
Derekku
I'm with adam/0_o. Echo is effing good at these games, and that's why he keeps getting killed off quickly; People are scared of him. :P

Why I'm still up at 5:30am I don't know.

/me falls asleep
Echo
If you're relying on me, or are biased in any way just because you think I'm good at this game (honestly, I'm not that good), then you're completely missing the point.

Now if you're scared of me, that's a different story ^^

BOO
adam2046
I am quite definitley not relying on you, first time I heavily suspect you of being Mafia, I will lynch you.
Echo
よろしくおねがいしま~す
nardii
Derekku

nardi11011 wrote:

Echo wrote:

よろしくおねがいしま~す
QFT

like i know what it means
Please remember me IIRC
anonymous_old

nardi11011 wrote:

Anyway, I'm keeping my vote on strager as he just seems to be acting too strange to me.
Are you trying to be punny?

nardi11011 wrote:

Especially his very first slip-up doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of his posts, as I don't see why someone would rather risk dying the first night than lie about their role.
Again, claiming Doctor was a mistake. I didn't mean to "risk dying" by doing it because I didn't mean to do it.
BagelBob_old

nardi11011 wrote:

Holy shit, 6 pages? I hate timezones. Anyway, I'm keeping my vote on strager as he just seems to be acting too strange to me. Especially his very first slip-up doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of his posts, as I don't see why someone would rather risk dying the first night than lie about their role. I don't see anyone else as overly suspicious, so I'm not changing my vote.

also,

Echo wrote:

よろしくおねがいしま~す
QFT

like i know what it means
Could you explain farther what you mean by "fit in with the rest of his posts"? Also, are you going to be more active, or are we going to see you once every three days?

0_o, who are you voting for right now? That last one was only 80% there.

and I think Echo said "Thank you very much," but I'm not sure.
show more