forum

Newbie Mafia 2! [Mafia Win!]

posted
Total Posts
show more
0_o

Echo wrote:

If strager is mafia, then of course we won't have the mafia jumping on.
True, this only applies if you believe strager is innocent. And I do.

strager wrote:

Even if strager is innocent, the mafia wouldn't jump on since that'd be a huge scum tell.
Well in that case no one is gonna be lynched since anyone who delivers the final blow is gonna be considered mafia :|
anonymous_old

0_o wrote:

Echo wrote:

If strager is mafia, then of course we won't have the mafia jumping on.
True, this only applies if you believe strager is innocent. And I do.
wat

(Bold added.)

0_o wrote:

strager wrote:

Even if strager is innocent, the mafia wouldn't jump on since that'd be a huge scum tell.
Well in that case no one is gonna be lynched since anyone who delivers the final blow is gonna be considered mafia :|
0_o has a point here. Being the last to vote may be a scum tell but that doesn't mean that's the only thing it could be. There's even a chance no Mafia is voting for the person (in case they are a Mafia), but that wasn't the case earlier with me being voted to L-1.
BagelBob_old
With SFG having switched to believing strager(at least for now), there aren't enough votes to lynch strager.
Regarding the decision between adam and nardi:

Adam has been here since the beginning of the game. He first voted for strager in a random vote, but then when strager started to act suspicious, he stated his thoughts and has since continued posting and keeping up with the game.

nardi, on the other hand, showed up for a little bit and voted strager without adding anything new. He has since posted a few times, but mostly just says he doesn't know what to think, that he's in the middle of the road, despite still voting for strager.
Thus, for bandwagoning and lurking, I

Unvote: strager
Vote: nardi
Echo

0_o wrote:

strager wrote:

Nope. It depends on the context; if the last person votes with a valid reason, then it's sweet.
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Echo
Anyone could still be mafia. But if they have a valid reason, then they probably aren't mafia.
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
BagelBob_old
Yes, otherwise it's bandwagoning or a random vote.
0_o

Echo wrote:

0_o wrote:

strager wrote:

Nope. It depends on the context; if the last person votes with a valid reason, then it's sweet.
So.. you are saying that the mafia is incapable of coming up with a valid reason to lynch someone?

EDIT: also Bagelbob has a good point with nardi, unless he posts something convincing soon my vote's gonna switch...
Yuukari-Banteki
anonymous_old

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

to other M2 players: this is the last day before we need to have a decision. if we do not decide, the mafia will get a free nightkill while we dither around not lynching people. Change your vote before time runs out~ (wow that sounded DOOM-y lol)
Due to Olinad being replaced the voting period will likely be extended.
Yuukari-Banteki
we dont know that yet and better safe than sorry imho
0_o
Meh, I'm good with nardi.

unvote
vote nardi
anonymous_old
Woah there.

Hasty.

I have noticed nardi in the "Users browsing the forum" at the bottom on several occasions and he hasn't posted. So here's what I think.

If he is a Townie, he's going a pretty horrible job at "blending in." He stands out as a lurker and doesn't even attempt to post anything meaningful.
If he is a Mafia, he's trying to sabotage the game by the same cause so Mafia loses. That's Pretty Gay (tm).

I really doubt a Mafia would sabotage his buddy like that so I'm leaning toward the possibility of him being a Townie.

Yes, I'm defending nardi, but it's not like he's here so he can to defend himself anyway. =\

EDIT: [strike] and added "to" to make sentence more understandable.
0_o
anonymous_old

0_o wrote:

From what I remember looking through the first WW game, when adam and yoshikart were mafia, adam was on L-1 and yoshikart didn't say a thing. In fact, every post that he made was either a vote or a vote change, with little to no explaination. So don't think that being quiet means they are innocent; they are just as likely to be a wolf who is afraid of posting something suspicious.
Interesting. I didn't mean to imply that not talking removed suspicion but you have a point about not wanting to slip up in a post. Caution is a bad thing, I guess?

0_o wrote:

That, and throwing someone on L-2 is a pretty effective way of getting them to speak up ;)
So that's what you did with me? xD
0_o
Derekku
anonymous_old

Derekku Chan wrote:

0_o wrote:

That, and throwing someone on L-2 is a pretty effective way of getting them to speak up ;)
nardi is on L-1 ;/
Derekku, 0_o, SFG, BagelBob.

Yeah, L-1.
BagelBob_old

strager wrote:

Woah there.

Hasty.

I have noticed nardi in the "Users browsing the forum" at the bottom on several occasions and he hasn't posted. So here's what I think.

If he is a Townie, he's going a pretty horrible job at "blending in." He stands out as a lurker and doesn't even attempt to post anything meaningful.
If he is a Mafia, he's trying to sabotage the game by the same cause so Mafia loses. That's Pretty Gay (tm).

I really doubt a Mafia would sabotage his buddy like that so I'm leaning toward the possibility of him being a Townie.

Yes, I'm defending nardi, but it's not like he's here so he can to defend himself anyway. =\

When you say "his buddy" who are you referring to? (nardi is "a Mafia" in that sentence, yes?)

Also, I don't want to lynch him before he gets a chance to speak so
Unvote Nardi
Echo

0_o wrote:

So.. you are saying that the mafia is incapable of coming up with a valid reason to lynch someone?
That is exactly what I'm saying. There should be no evidence in posts against townies, which means mafia won't be able to bring up a valid reason to lynch a townie.

lynch strager plox vote strager if i'm not voting him already >.> (can't keep up with my unvotes)
0_o

Echo wrote:

0_o wrote:

That is exactly what I'm saying. There should be no evidence in posts against townies, which means mafia won't be able to bring up a valid reason to lynch a townie.
Why not? Humans come up with "evidence" against other humans to lynch them, the only difference is that the mafia actually knows that they are lynching a human.
anonymous_old
BagelBob_old
strager, when you say "his buddy" who are you referring to?
anonymous_old

BagelBob wrote:

strager wrote:

Woah there.

Hasty.

When you say "his buddy" who are you referring to? (nardi is "a Mafia" in that sentence, yes?)
"His buddy" being the other Mafia.
BagelBob_old
I'm sorry, I read that wrong.

"If he is a Mafia, he's trying to sabotage the game by the same cause so Mafia loses."
This reasoning escapes me so much, I must have changed Mafia loses to Town loses just to keep my sanity.
anonymous_old
Echo

strager/agreeing with 0_o's post wrote:

Indeed. Echo himself used my mistakes as evidence that I am a Mafia, which contradicts what he says here.
Um lol? You are mafia. No contradiction whatsoever.

Whereas I've conjured up a single sentence with enough evidence to send you to kingdom come, none of which you've satisfactorily defended against, you've brought none of my posts against me. Until you do that, what I've said stands true.

Vote: strager
FOS: 0_o
anonymous_old

Echo wrote:

strager/agreeing with 0_o's post wrote:

Indeed. Echo himself used my mistakes as evidence that I am a Mafia, which contradicts what he says here.
Um lol? You are mafia. No contradiction whatsoever.
Ah, kill me, I misread what you wrote. Sorry. x_x

Echo wrote:

Until you do that, what I've said stands true.
True until proven false is your word?
Echo
I see you've ignored the most important part.

I'll give you a hint, it's the bolded half sentence in the second unquoted paragraph.
anonymous_old

Echo wrote:

I'll give you a hint, it's the bolded half sentence in the second unquoted paragraph.
I could almost say the same.
Echo

Echo wrote:

Whereas I've conjured up a single sentence with enough evidence to send you to kingdom come, none of which you've satisfactorily defended against, you've brought none of my posts against me.
You be the judge.

I would like you to do two things:
  1. refute my 3 points in the linked post
  2. attack me with my posts
anonymous_old
Judges can't rule for a case in which they are the defendant.

strager wrote:

True until proven false is your word?
EDIT:

Echo wrote:

I would like you to do two things:
  1. refute my 3 points in the linked post
  2. attack me with my posts
Well you're not getting it.
Echo
In this game, everything is true until proven false.

If everything is false until proven true, you won't be able to get past day 1.
Derekku
Hey guise I have the best idea.

strager and echo are both mafia and are just trying to confuse us all lol

jk
anonymous_old
Derekku

strager wrote:

Derekku Chan wrote:

jk
I hope not?
You hope I'm not joking? That means you are mafia? :<
Echo
@derekku: then lynch strager today and me tomorrow. It's not like you can lynch two people on the same day. If we're both mafia, it won't make a difference. I don't mind dying, if it'll help townies win. It's a team game after all.

@strager: then tell me why anyone should be listening to you.
anonymous_old
anonymous_old

Echo wrote:

@derekku: then lynch strager today and me tomorrow. It's not like you can lynch two people on the same day. If we're both mafia, it won't make a difference. I don't mind dying, if it'll help townies win. It's a team game after all.
If you want to take one for the team, why don't you do it now?

Here, I'll help.

Vote: Echo

Echo wrote:

@strager: then tell me why anyone should be listening to you.
What are you citing to come to this 'conclusion' exactly?
show more