forum

Hatsune Miku - Black Rock Shooter

posted
Total Posts
show more
Starrodkirby86
It's good, it's good. Now stop making Miku maps. I'm getting so sick of her I just want to kidnap her brains out and raep ---never mind.

[Normal]:
01:27:76 (3) - New combo?

[Hard]:
02:27:40 (8,9) - Where's the claps?
02:40:49 (6) - This /can/ have a clap.
03:00:13 (1,2,3,4) - Sloppy?

[Insane]:
Why no slow part at the beginning?
00:40:85 (1) - Clap on start?
01:24:31 (3,4) - Move 1 down on Grid Level 2.
01:24:67 (5) - Add repeat?

[Nexy's Jumps]:
01:08:85 (2) - New combo?

Something's really bugging me recently about your style Xin Xin. It's like...hard to read. Especially on [Hard]. Your interactions with the sliders and the circles are kind of...x_X

The black hit circle at times is hard to read.

Regardless of what I said earlier, this gets a star.
Alace
Overall
pretty good mapset,but i have a issue of shinxyn`s mapping style
All of your maps are good (look at user rating)
I find that you follow the distance snap too much (i did the same thing like you before)
Distance snap will limit some of your mapping ideas
I was confused when i tryed to turn off the distance snap
(is this ok rankable.......??) (Can players read or notice??)
those questions were in my head all the time
I deel better after asking some people to play
I understand a fact finally Distance snap is just a tool
follow your own will to map, if you do something wrong or unrankable players and BATs will tell you
I believe that you can do it pretty good in your new maps

OK let`s go back to beatmaps
Timing is fine for me

<Normal>
Hard to put hitsounds some parts are to empty to put hitsounds
Anyway remove some random claps
Too manyclaps don`t sound sweet in this song (
00:08:95 (7) - move to 00:09:17 then add a note here (Sounds better)

<Hard>
00:29:22 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,1,2,3) - this part sounds good because you put claps on right place (follow the strong beat)
00:35:04 (1) - clap patten should start at this note
00:38:85 (1) - This one stops the clap patten
If you find somw parts hard to put clap patten just get rid of claps at that part
rem01:25:58 (1,2,3) -
ove those random claps plz
01:25:58 (1,2,3) - sliders are too short so hard to read
01:31:40 (1,2,3) - ^

<Nexy>
03:04:13 (1,2,3,4,5) - Remove normal claps here wwwwww
All good

<Insane>
01:31:40 (1,2,3,1) - a bit confusing
02:25:04 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - really confusing during game play
02:33:58 (5,6) - confusing
Hitsounds are better than normal and hard
Remove some overused claps anyway

If you feel bad because of this post
plz PM me i will say sorry to you
My English sucks so i don`t know if i can post it well

Anyway it`s a really nice mapset
Star it
Takuma
Ahhh, the file size is so big! ..but you already knew that. >w>

Ah, I actually like this.

- Normal:
01:34:67 (6,7,8,9,10,11) - I think it would be better if you used repeating sliders, or just regular sliders for parts like this. I think it would feel like Normal leveled players are being punished having to click that much.

- Nexy's Jumps:
I honestly have nothing to complain about here, except that the video doesn't play for me in this difficulty. And that some jumps are a littllleeee too hard. ); Maybe you could tone some down a bit?

That's it! Have a star. :3
Yuukari-Banteki
condense your mp3 a bit, its too big by ~5MB

[Normal]
00:09:17 (4) - hitsound the end
00:14:31 (1) - finish
00:52:13 (1) - ^
01:27:76 (3) - align with 2
01:35:76 (1) - finish
02:42:67 (1) - finish
02:57:04 (1,2,3,4,5) - hard to read with the notes so close to each other

[Hard]
00:14:31 (1) - finish
00:44:85 (1) - hitsound
00:46:85 (4) - ^
00:52:13 (1) - finish
01:12:49 (1) - ^
01:15:40 (1) - ^
the spacing is so small T_T
01:35:76 (1) - finish and maybe make one beat longer
02:35:95 (2) - move farther from 1
02:42:67 (1) - finish
the map is really long and kinda boring - actually it might partly be that it feels longer cus it is boring

[Nexy]
00:14:31 (1) - snap the end
02:10:85 (2,3,4,5) - align
this is actually really nice <3

[Insane]
00:51:76 (1) - finish the end
01:12:49 (1) - finish
01:31:76 (2) - this is almost impossible to read
01:35:76 (1) - finish
01:59:40 (2) - move farther from 1
02:04:85 (1,2,3,4) - hard to read
02:28:31 (1) - finish
02:33:58 (5,6) - hard to read
03:16:85 (9) - unintuitive
04:10:85 (6) - looks bad slightly unstacked like this
Topic Starter
Shinxyn

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

condense your mp3 a bit, its too big by ~5MB Drat, someone noticed xD, fine, but I only got rid of 3mb~~ >_<

[Normal]
02:57:04 (1,2,3,4,5) - hard to read with the notes so close to each other hmm, fine

[Hard]
the spacing is so small T_T <<< doesn't help.. you meant whole map? or where? Respaced the whole map
01:35:76 (1) - finish and maybe make one beat longer mmm might need second opinion
the map is really long and kinda boring - actually it might partly be that it feels longer cus it is boring Yea... anyone else think so, too? Respaced... so I don't know about it now

[Nexy]
this is actually really nice <3 Shin is jealous of Nexy's mapping style

[Insane]
01:31:76 (2) - this is almost impossible to read exactly the point~ ^^
02:04:85 (1,2,3,4) - hard to read I don't think so
02:33:58 (5,6) - hard to read Yay! I want this to be hard to read~
03:16:85 (9) - unintuitive I just wanted the slider to be the same "length" as the rest of combo
04:10:85 (6) - looks bad slightly unstacked like this Agreed~
I don't agree with most of the finish hitsounds (since *I* don't like them too much, but not in the mood to argue about those, so added them all
Yuukari-Banteki
[Normal]
01:25:96 (1,2) - whistles
01:31:78 (1,2) - ^
01:41:05 (end of 2,3,4) - ^
02:39:78 (3) - ^
02:47:42 (1,2,3) - ^
02:53:24 (1, start of 2) - ^
02:58:51 (6) - why is this not on the same horizontal as 5?
(since you dont like finish and you use clap so well lol)

[Hard]
00:51:78 (1) - *try* whistle
01:42:15 (6) - either finish this or whistle all three
02:19:42 (1,2) - whistles
03:15:42 (3,4,5) - sorry this is kinda hard to read and ugly

[Nexy]
02:28:15 (1) - finish

[Insane]
01:31:42 (1,2,3,1) - good luck getting this ranked with that in there
02:01:60 (1,2,3,4,5) - put some whistles in all instances of these
02:19:42 (1,2) - whistles
02:33:60 (5,6) - again, good luck getting this ranked
04:13:42 (1,3,5) - whistles
04:18:69 (1,2,3) - ^
Topic Starter
Shinxyn

I don't have any whistle in the map and you're suddenly asking me to add them to you're liking without any of my own mapping/hitsound flow? I'm sorry, but I just can't do that. (plus this is the second run through, why point these out the second time instead of first... makes me wonder...)

And as for the weird looking visual traps, that's how I mapped and placed them, and that's how I want them, and unless I seriously can't get away with it, then I will and want to keep them
Layola_old
D: Get this ranked already :?!
m980
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Alace
offset +12ms
rebubble now
Metroid
Normal
02:19:43 (1) - out of spacing to the last combo.
03:03:07 (1,1,1) - Add finishes?

Hard - Should 1/2 beats touch or just sit next to each other?
00:10:90 (2) - This should touch the 1.
00:51:79 (1) - Make this part of the combo beforehand.

Nexy's Jump
02:48:16 (5) - I don't think this jump is intuitive since the combo is spaced before.

Insane
00:44:52 (1) - Make this part of the combo beforehand.

starred' for lack of errors and why is here eyes blazing blue fire?
Topic Starter
Shinxyn
I won't apply changes, unless this gets popped from another

Metroid wrote:

starred' for lack of errors and why is here eyes blazing blue fire?
That's her character.. (She's NOT Miku, but the song is sung by Miku, search "black rock shooter" and you'll see >_<)
James2250
awesome map have a star!! :P
Derekku
Another great Miku map by Shinxyn

*star* <3
Topic Starter
Shinxyn
SIGH!!!!!!!!
Auto popped bubble BECAUSE Nexy's map's video file was still in .AVI format............ (its supposed to be .flv)
DAMMIT, tsk
Starrodkirby86
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
m980
Just here to RANK
Alace
don`t forget <3
Isshin_old
Finally.
I don't play Osu for a long time because I'm bored.
Now I'll begin play! for BRS~!
Mogsy
Let me offer my thoughts on this map for a second.

All of the difficulties didn't strike me as fun to me. They were solid, but not absolutely amazing. Hitsound choice had something to do with this, keep this in mind in the future.

Then we get to Nexy's difficulty.

-Absolutely not fun.
Typically, when something jumps around, it's done so with the music in mind. The jumps in this song make absolutely NO SENSE musically-speaking. Not to mention that you have some illegal things that I noticed (the whole "You need a new combo mark in a combo when the spacing changes from what it once was in that same combo" thing). And when I say not making sense musically, I mean it seems like your jump distance was all random regardless of what was going on in the music.

What I'm saying is that stuff that doesn't go along with the song at all feels absolutely wrong and no fun at all to play.

That's the most Mogsyrage I'm willing to give this map. :/
Layola_old
Mogsy
It's not a matter of sync, it's a matter of flow.

In terms of being mapped to the actual music, as in the jump distances correctly corresponding to what is being performed, the jumps are random. They just seem like they were done without any regard to the music other than syncing the beats. :/
lukewarmholiday
Only time I ever download maps anymore is when someone complains

Jesus fuck Nexy's jumps are fine.
Mogsy

lukewarmholiday wrote:

Jesus fuck Nexy's jumps are fine.
If you're only looking them as jumps by themselves. Musically, they're completely random, done with little regard to how the music actually progresses.

-00:07:47 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - For instance, this is far too spread out for a part this tame-sounding.
-00:31:79 (1,1,2) - Hi stupidly random amount of space how are you doing?
-00:33:61 (3,4,5,6,7,8) - Oh look, rule violation due to the lack of a New Combo mark on 3.
-00:35:07 (1,2,3,4) - This, for instance, is illegal due to the distance between 1 and 2. This calls for a New Combo mark when the spacing changes.
-00:37:61 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Oh hey, even more illegal spacing.
-01:06:70 (1,1,1,1) - Stupid jump again.
-The list goes on.

I'd continue with this list, but I'd actually like to do stuff before I sleep, I'm just scratching the surface.

Sorry, Nexy, but this was just...nononono. I'm not the only one that thinks this way, either.
Derekku
:| I thought Nexy's difficulty was very well done and VERY fun. I FC'd it on my second try and I thought it was creative.

Personally, I think jumps are more fun when they're NOT spaced "legally right". It makes you think about following the music more instead of just watching where the next hit circles are.
Mogsy
Ekaru
Guys, I have a question.

Why is Nexy's Jumps even ranked?

01:32:52 (2,3) is ridiculous, for one thing. How did you guys let that pass? It is retarded no matter what. Short repeat sliders like take a moment to react to when they're finished, for me at least, and then you have, at max, 181 ms or so to move halfway across the screen, and that's only if you immediately react to the slider ending. Usually by the time I start to move my mouse, I already have a 100. Happens every time. Horray!

Then the spacing is all random and often ridiculous. Is it fun to me? No. Heck, it isn't even creative! Many a newb map have had spacing like this before. It's just not fun to me.

Jumps are fine, even silly ones in most cases. But they have to make sense! Few of these jumps make any sense to me. The map as a whole makes no sense.

Sorry, but that's how I view it. In pretty much every other map out there, 01:32:52 (2,3) wouldn't slide. And considering all the silly jumps in general? Ugh. Not to mention when the jumps are done this often and this randomly, there is no impact to the jumps. Sorry, but this seems like a map with nukeable spacing to me.

Just wondering why this got ranked. If anyone has a good answer, please respond. For that question is stuck in my head to this day. *holds up flame shield*
Derekku

Ekaru wrote:

Guys, I have a question.

01:32:52 (2,3) is ridiculous, for one thing. How did you guys let that pass? It is retarded no matter what. Short repeat sliders like take a moment to react to when they're finished, for me at least, and then you have, at max, 181 ms or so to move halfway across the screen, and that's only if you immediately react to the slider ending. Usually by the time I start to move my mouse, I already have a 100. Happens every time. Hooray!
Those sliders are super easy o_o; You just need to have faster reaction time. It's a ~5 star difficulty map for a reason =\

Ekaru wrote:

Sorry, but that's how I view it. In pretty much every other map out there, 01:32:52 (2,3) wouldn't slide.
I've seen things even more difficult, and I think they're fine too.

Ekaru wrote:

Just wondering why this got ranked.
Because it's a good map and there's nothing wrong with it.

Anyway, I'm done arguing.
Mogsy

Derekku Chan wrote:

Ekaru wrote:

Guys, I have a question.

01:32:52 (2,3) is ridiculous, for one thing. How did you guys let that pass? It is retarded no matter what. Short repeat sliders like take a moment to react to when they're finished, for me at least, and then you have, at max, 181 ms or so to move halfway across the screen, and that's only if you immediately react to the slider ending. Usually by the time I start to move my mouse, I already have a 100. Happens every time. Hooray!
Those sliders are super easy o_o; You just need to have faster reaction time. It's a ~5 star difficulty map for a reason =\
I think he means that the spacing there is far too wonky for its own good. It would be one of the things that the "New Combo for spacing changes inside a combo" rule was made for.

There are many instances of things like that in this map, actually. :/ Stuff I've mentioned before in this thread, too.

Anyways I'm done with this for now, I need to actually sleep.
mosluv
Mogsy
CheeseWarlock
I found Boten Anna worked a lot better with the obscene jumps idea. The generic techno pulse in the background at least suggested constant jumpiness. It did it with a thousand times the style and grace of this map. [Nexy's Jumps] is too caught up in the idea of jumps, and sacrifices the concept of going with the music for the sake of making them.

Let me give a comparison here.
00:37:61 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - This isn't too bad. The music sort of suggests jumps.
01:06:70 (1,1,1) - WHAT WHY NO this isn't mapped to anything, it's just BAM JUMP FOR NO DISCERNIBLE REASON

On the plus side, it's easy to search for. Statistically speaking, not many maps contain the string "xy's j".
WyndII
Lol. your star2.png is so cute =3.
I thought it was a blue flame. lol.
Anyway, I love the song and maps, Favorited <3
Otani_old
xKonata
yes, i agree if possible could you upload a skin file for this beatmap, the skin is really nice ^^
Metroid

xKonata wrote:

yes, i agree if possible could you upload a skin file for this beatmap, the skin is really nice ^^
you can just copy each skin element to a skin folder and copy the skin.ini from the template skin. then edit the skin.ini so it isn't named template skin...
xKonata

Metroid wrote:

xKonata wrote:

you can just copy each skin element to a skin folder and copy the skin.ini from the template skin. then edit the skin.ini so it isn't named template skin...
sorry but im not smart enough to do that ;P
i only know how to download and place into the skins folder :D
Laie0
maybe osu! is a rhythm game isn't it?
small notes just make players tired, I think.
I don't want to be stressed by this kind of maps.
Shohei Ohtani

Laie0 wrote:

maybe osu! is a rhythm game isn't it?
small notes just make players tired, I think.
I don't want to be stressed by this kind of maps.
cool.
Rena7
I liked
show more