forum

circle size

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
vantheman
Is the smallest circle size banned(officially or not) from ranked maps? I started playing monday, downloaded about 170 maps, and don't see any with a circle size above 5.
I've fiddled around in the editor a little bit, I like to set to the smallest circle size for my practicing since it exercises my precision,
but if I ever want to make a ranked map, should I assume this won't go? I've read through the criteria(about 85% of it or so) and didn't see anything about it.

It seems like it would add a lot of dimension for creativity to beatmaps, to have thin, quick moving sliders(with a speed of 2-ish), but as I have yet to see anybody do this, I assume there's a force at work here.
Shadow
While its not officially banned, a LOT of people dislike it, so its not commonly seen.
blissfulyoshi
If you look in 2010 maps, you can find a few maps that used 7 or 8 for circle size, but as Shadow said, they are generally disliked. The reason for this is because hitting small notes at high speeds is really hard. Also, this makes deathstreams very hard since the notes are no longer touching.
jyu
so slow song is an exception? https://osu.ppy.sh/b/244822&m=0
Kodora

AlpacaCokelat wrote:

so slow song is an exception? https://osu.ppy.sh/b/244822&m=0
Not really, circlesize is a part of gameplay too, so if it fist, feel free to use 5-7 if you want on any map.

But yes, people may rage tho

why did people blame circle size instead of own aim ability?
Topic Starter
vantheman
Ah! I've learned something new. And this is why noobs should not be beatmapping, and why I'm waiting until I can get an S on insane songs before I even consder submitting a beatmap with easy-normal-hard.

The "Hard Rock" mod shrinks the circles. The one I was working on before with smallest circles suddenly became ridiculous tough.
A player gets more points for playing this way, but I think the game is much more fun with the mod then without, it isn't a pain in the butt like flashlight.

This explains why players would rage over such a thing. And now I no longer feel discouraged that I'm making a flawed map because I like that way, I made the circle size bigger knowing I can play it with the mod after I've made it. But now I have to rearrange everything...oh well...

Kodora wrote:

why did people blame circle size instead of own aim ability?
I have a 9x12 tablet so I like the challenge, but I can guess people don't feel at fault for missing a small target if they have a smaller active area(I understand people buying tablets for osu exclusively get small ones to make the game easier).

Really, I should know these things before I ask a question, it's in the faq, but I am only today, after getting lots of S ratings on 3 star maps, trying out the mods...
Kodora

vantheman wrote:

I have a 9x12 tablet so I like the challenge, but I can guess people don't feel at fault for missing a small target if they have a smaller active area(I understand people buying tablets for osu exclusively get small ones to make the game easier).

look at my tablet area
i have no problem with it, it is just part of skill and practicing.
kossodessa
hi.
i am new at osu. i need small target's training. can i somehow change size of targets or i should download appropriate maps with small size? where can i find such maps with small targets?
best regards
blissfulyoshi
First off, don't bump old threads. Just create a new thread.
If you want to practice with smaller circle size, get a map, open it in editor, go to song setup -> difficulty, make the circle size small, and hit okay. Then you can save and play your map with smaller circles.