forum

[New contested rule] Any thread in OT relating to 7/27 shall be demolished.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ColdTooth
Title.

Extremely unfunny joke, with the funny laugh haha meter going as far down as Amy Schuner's entire career, that has been spammed endlessly shall be smited down from the heavens and deleted from this pre-wasteland. We already have enough shit shitposts as it is, atleast those have some effort, albeit dry.

Discuss.
pentaqola
i say yes, it has already gone way past 6ft into the ground and lost it's comedic value if ever there was one in the first place. in fact i would rather have it gone in place of more better threads of comedic value. or even more better shitty shitposts than this

there are so many more better jokes to make about osu! than just this stupid ass number, i would rather have those instead of 727 any time. hell even fucking 69 and 420 feels one bit better than 727, but still just as shit as 727 due to their overuse as well.

this is from someone who made this stupid thread as a pinch on making fun of the excessive overuse of 727. its equally shitty compared to the unfunny as fuck 727 jokes.
fat pear
727LOL
Ashton
I think we should just let people post what types of jokes they want and if you find them unfunny let them be.

Realistically how ‘annoying’ are they really? A rule against them would make sense if it was starting to plague better content, but I do not currently see any need for that as there is only one single post about 727 in the front page.
Corne2Plum3
WYSI
levesterz
Topic Starter
ColdTooth

Gay Rights wrote:

I think we should just let people post what types of jokes they want and if you find them unfunny let them be.

Realistically how ‘annoying’ are they really? A rule against them would make sense if it was starting to plague better content, but I do not currently see any need for that as there is only one single post about 727 in the front page.
How the fuck have you kept that name up for a few hours

Anyways, yeah, I don't think it's "annoying" annoying, but it's definitely just constantly stupid ontop of our already stupid shitposts. But given how "lOLLLLLL FUNNY DAY" is gunna be for many people, I wouldn't be surprised if I saw up to 12 "727" threads in this sub-forum
Ashton

ColdTooth wrote:

Gay Rights wrote:

Anyways, yeah, I don't think it's "annoying" annoying, but it's definitely just constantly stupid ontop of our already stupid shitposts. But given how "lOLLLLLL FUNNY DAY" is gunna be for many people, I wouldn't be surprised if I saw up to 12 "727" threads in this sub-forum
If there are 12 people who are willing to post the same joke over and over again but get a genuine form of gratification from doing so I don't see the problem, but I can understand some problem if on 7/27 there will be a bunch of shitposts with 2 - 4 replies and an inevitable lock for them.

I think instead of banning the joke outright, we create one megathread for people who want to celebrate 7/27 and tell others to keep all of those 7/27 jokes within that thread, kind of like how the church era ended.
fat pear

ColdTooth wrote:

Gay Rights wrote:

you have problem with GAY rights ?
Topic Starter
ColdTooth

fat pear wrote:

ColdTooth wrote:

Gay Rights wrote:

you have problem with GAY rights ?
As a gay person, no. I just found it funny honestly.
z0z
agreed, said posts are spammed and overdone
Corne2Plum3
Fun fact: there is a 727 thread, made especially for this joke. If the 727 jokes are in that thread, I don't see the problem because all is in 1 unique thread.
ghoulybits
I think the most effective way to let 727 joke posts die is to just not interact with them at all, not even for a "wow, this joke fucking sucks lol" comment. If people get no attention for posting it, then they won't feel an incentive to do so. Unfortunately, people won't ever actually stop posting on those types of threads, so the cycle will continue until 727 is banned. I agree with this proposed rule because a utopian future where people simply ignore posts they do not want to see will never come to be.
[AlphaCentauri]
seven twenty seven when you see it

-aireu sometime in the past
abraker
> Any thread in OT relating to 7/27 shall be demolished.

*Looks at this thread, which is relating to 7/27*

Farfocele
While i agree with the fact that WYSI jokes shouldn't be in OT, you can make another megathread/forum section for them.
Phantonym
just revive this thread later.
Topic Starter
ColdTooth

abraker wrote:

> Any thread in OT relating to 7/27 shall be demolished.

*Looks at this thread, which is relating to 7/27*

I mean, feel free to demolish this thread, or change the phrase in quotations, or idc, just demolish this thread lmfaoooooo
Nuuskamuikkunen
Seems like it's a good idea not to touch osu! that day.
z0z

eblf2013 wrote:

Seems like it's a good idea not to touch osu! that day.
what else do you want to do? (insert me making a emotion)
show more