forum

How to hitsound

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
PogchampWeak
I'm mapping Yume Chizu and I didn't want to hitsound since I can't tell whether it sounds good or not. I don't want to look at other maps of the same song since I think the map I'm doing is rankable and I want it to be special? That sounds kinda cringe but it is what it is.

Anyhow, are there any tips that you could give me to hitsound the map?

Thanks!
Zelzatter Zero
You can take a look at here.

Also, don't be afraid to take reference of others' map, especially the ranked ones. Even if yours is "special", if you don't even know where you're coming from it can go into waste. Others has reasons behind their hitsound choice, and it's recommended to see how they did it instead of turning a blind eye on it.
Asphiee
Normal / generic hitsounds doesn't mean boring or uncreative. Use what's inside the box first before searching what's outside of it. Also, heed Zero's post. God bless, have a good day.
Topic Starter
PogchampWeak

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

Also, don't be afraid to take reference of others' map, especially the ranked ones. Even if yours is "special", if you don't even know where you're coming from it can go into waste. Others has reasons behind their hitsound choice, and it's recommended to see how they did it instead of turning a blind eye on it.

Asphiee wrote:

Normal / generic hitsounds doesn't mean boring or uncreative. Use what's inside the box first before searching what's outside of it. Also, heed Zero's post. God bless, have a good day.
Sorry to bump the forum but how do I make it so I can hear the ingame hitsounds instead of my actual skin if that makes sense?
WitherMite

PogchampWeak wrote:

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

Asphiee wrote:

Sorry to bump the forum but how do I make it so I can hear the ingame hitsounds instead of my actual skin if that makes sense?

no need to apologize for bumping, it hasnt even been a day and it's your thread
Topic Starter
PogchampWeak

WitherMite wrote:

no need to apologize for bumping, it hasnt even been a day and it's your thread
Thanks!
NekoTowel
Maybe read this for general advice: community/forums/topics/722435
Or watch Pishifat's video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz6D7HPJ0eQ

When I hitsound I listen to the song with effects at 0% so the skin's hitsounds don't interfere, and at slower speeds like 50% to get an idea of the percussion.

Then, I personally use a tool made by OliBomby (my god and saviour) known as mapping tools, through this method: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZMCIXCGVBI

There's nothing wrong with having not-special hitsounds. Often getting too complicated is terribly difficult to manage, usually for those who seek the challenge (ScubDomino have crazy keysounded maps like this with more than 1000 hitsound files)

AND VERY IMPORTANT if you haven't done it already:
Go use Lasse's hitsound packs, they saved my life.
Topic Starter
PogchampWeak

NekoTowel wrote:

Then, I personally use a tool made by OliBomby (my god and saviour) known as mapping tools, through this method: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZMCIXCGVBI

AND VERY IMPORTANT if you haven't done it already:
Go use Lasse's hitsound packs, they saved my life.

Sorry for the late response!

I went ahead and looked at some other hitsounds from other maps and hitsounded my map (to the best of my abilities right now).

That tool looks so nice but the only problem is, is that I play on a mac LMAOO

And I haven't seen that pack before, but I'll take a look at it now! Thanks for recommending it to me