forum

o!GNS (osu! Global Notification System) [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Archangel Tirael
Just recently while records uploading system was not working because the do something there. I have a question: COULD PREVENT THIS? Due to the fact that because of that I did not upload record and replay on map, which I'm trying for almost a year FC, I actually am writing this request.
o!GNS is a pop-up message is bright red, which can be closed only three quick clicks on it. It does not disappear after some time. During the game, the message does not disappears, but only becomes slightly transparent. This will help avoid players butthurt. The content of the message is pretty simple, something like "Warning: There will be technical work on Bancho. All online services may become unstable. Please refrain from passing difficult maps until the works is completed." At the end of the work will come to a second message: "All the works have been successfully completed. Enjoy the game. :) " It is also desirable to make it multi-lingual (osu! translation project to help!).

P.S. peppy, and anything else you can resend the same record, because of which I was very offended. I can not get FC again.
[Here is the link to replay.]
XPJ38
The thing is the "technical works" you are talking about are sometimes not technical works but unpredictable downtimes. In this case, there's nothing much to do.

Also, there's already a notification in the bottom of screen when you have been disconnected from Bancho:

If you see this, this is a sign you should stop playing until you are connected again.
peppy
Score submission will retry for up to 10 minutes. There is already global messaging via the area XPJ38 mentions, and I have the ability to show announcements via bancho as well. For a 3 minutes downtime, this is irrelevant.

If you can't get an FC again, then you don't deserve the score :P.
Topic Starter
Archangel Tirael

peppy wrote:

If you can't get an FC again, then you don't deserve the score :P.
Do not mock! I, by the way, very sad and got angry!
...I do not understand, the record will be counted?
XPJ38 tells a very different story. I am, as always, talking about "innovation." :)
peppy
There are already two methods of notification. I will use them when necessary.
Topic Starter
Archangel Tirael

peppy wrote:

There are already two methods of notification. I will use them when necessary.
But ... I have nothing warned... despite the two methods of notification. Perhaps it is necessary to carry out any changes?
peppy
Seriously.