forum

Animal Crossing

posted
Total Posts
show more
Sync
I'm really jealous of you guys -- New Leaf looks really fun. I don't have a 3DS, unfortunately,

Just wondering: do any of you still play AC:GC (Animal Crossing for the Gamecube)? It's been almost a decade (not sure if it was released in 2002 or 2003) since it was released (the japanese N64 version was released before that, even) and I know people who are still dedicated to it. It's pretty fun to play from time to time but having a neighbor say "It's been 563 days since you last talked to me..." is depressing ;_;
foulcoon
Labelle is selling a Royal Crown in my town today, for the low, low price of.....

1,200,000 bells

needless to say I did not buy it.
Remco32
Aww yea, thanks to a mistake on Nintendo's part I got AC for free.
Topic Starter
Derekku
Haven't touched my GCN town since 2004 or 2005 .-.

Never realled played the DS one, and only played the Wii version for a few months...

Definitely played the shit out of the original, and am doing the same with New Leaf!
Soaprman
Inori

Soaprman wrote:

HOLY CRAP.

IT'S A FIRE HYDRANT.
Xgor

Inori wrote:

Soaprman wrote:

HOLY CRAP.

IT'S A FIRE HYDRANT.
Just wait until they see a do not enter sign.
reisende

It all starts now, mein komrrades
Topic Starter
Derekku
Finally finished all of the roads/paths around my town.

Gotta add back trees/orchards, build some sexy public works, and then I'll invite people over. :v
Lilac
it'll definitely be a long time until I invite people over...

...Uuu.
awp
I've already invited a few people over

it's good times
Inori
It'll be a while for me too.
My villagers are lame and keep requesting useless crap.

LIKE STADIUM LIGHTS.
awp

HOLLA HOLLA
Inori

awp wrote:

HOLLA HOLLA
What the hell did you sell ._.

inb4 crapload of sharks/golden stags
Stefan
I need moneyyyyy askdjakd

What's the easiest way, besides of selling loads of shells and that?
Jarby
I ordered New Leaf last week, it'd better arrive soon.
NotEvenDoomMusic
Just got New Leaf, damn, can't get off my 3DS. too many things to do (excluding planing it...)

Stefan wrote:

I need moneyyyyy askdjakd

What's the easiest way, besides of selling loads of shells and that?
Go to the island of Mortimer(ENG)/Törtel(DEU), if you haven't unlocked it yet (there should be a boat in the small port in your village) you probably need to pay the loan you have for your house (which should cost around 32k~ish bells/sternis) to Tom Nook and the next time you're restarting AC:NL, Isabelle(ENG)/Melinda(DEU) will tell you that the former major (Mortimer(E)/Törtel(D)) of the village came to visit. You can locate him at that port and he'll tell you that a boat will stop at your port the day after.
If you can't wait, you can always travel through time. But consider that 420weed420 will grow the further you travel, flowers & plants starting to wither and risking your people leave your village. That's the side effect, I would recommend, if you time travel, water your flowers & plants, do everything you're doing for the day before travelling.

Getting to the actual point. If you're on the island, around 7pm til 10pm. There should be rare insects and fishes appearing there. Rare insects should stay until midnight so you'll be having plenty of time catching them.
Depending on what you caught, you'll ending up always earning not less than 2000 bells/sternis each catch. Make sure you'll deposit it and do not sell it to that little girl in the same house you've arrived.
If you've filled up your whole depositing basket with rare insects (usualy, rare insects are always clinging on the palms, do not even waste your time collecting these on the trees located at the middle of the island) and fishes, you'll end up earning 200-400k for a full basket depening on what type you got the most.
Don't forget to sell all items at Re-Tail/Fundgrube (the pink house led by a pink and a blue alpaca).
^ always sell all your stuff there.

Also, why I'm saying not less is because you can earn up to 14.000 bells/sternis per catch, but only with fishes and only special ones.
Try to take a good look at your screen when trying to fish and only choose targets that have back-fins attached to their shadows. They always guarantee a rare catch.

Oh, and I would like to recommend you doing the lessons (you can participate by registering at the counter inside that house you arrived) seriously the first times and then a second time to collect all rare fruits that are spawning to various locations on the randomized islands.
You can stack fruits by taking fruits of the same kind and drag them together to make a basket, they can store up to 9 in total of the same kind.
Soaprman
If you want to make the most of island runs, remove all the trees/bushes/flowers from the grassy prat in the middle and chop down the palm trees at the southern end that are difficult to approach. The only things spawning besides palm tree beetles should be wharf roaches and hermit crabs. Doing beetle runs gets kind of monotonous after a while, though... I stopped doing it after I had enough bells to afford a few house expansions and bridges. Since I'm focusing on the layout of my town now, I get more than enough bells from selling fruit, hitting the daily money rock, and catching the occasional bug/fish.

Time travel is cool for letting me see sunlight in-game when I get home from work on weeknights. My village is a few days ahead of real time from the times I've jumped forward a bit to change the time of day. Jumping forward is totally safe (i.e. no side effects) by the way - it's functionally identical to leaving the game turned off for the amount of time you skipped.

Here's a pro tip: if you want more than one K.K. album on Saturday nights, create more player characters in your village. Each one can get an album from him.

Also pro tip: You can use the letters you're carrying as additional inventory slots. I keep tools up there so I can summon whichever one I need and get them out of the switching rotation when I'm done with them.

And here's some screenshots. Why ain't more people postin' screenshots of they junk?

This randomly happened with my money rock one day. Pretty neat!

Check this pimp-ass setup. Totally willingly bought the fake painting when I saw it because of the decoration potential.

What do you think the lemons are for?
awp

Inori wrote:

awp wrote:

HOLLA HOLLA
What the hell did you sell ._.

inb4 crapload of sharks/golden stags
Sharks/GStags only fetch 12k a piece. This was baskets of Perfect foreign fruit
Stefan
@NotEvenDoomMusic: Thank you very much for the detailed 'tutorial' how I would call it. :D some of the thing I already knew but it's still good to name them. :)
foulcoon

Soaprman wrote:

This randomly happened with my money rock one day. Pretty neat!
happens occasionally with the silver shovel
Inori
I need to get back to this game.
Too busy getting random crap ready for school though.
Mixae_old
Best AC game so far I can't stop playing it. :3
Stefan

Rude
Lilac
I think he's just being friendly.

Also, I've grown bored of this game that costed me nothing. Can't be bothered playing it, just not as fun as the GameCube one.
Jarby

Confirmed best character.
D33d

Jarby wrote:

No, that's my job. You're supposed to say "aaaah~"
Jarby
By the way, my friend code is 4897 6167 0433 for anyone that wants to play with me.
Topic Starter
Derekku

Soaprman wrote:

And here's some screenshots. Why ain't more people postin' screenshots of they junk?
Too much work to get screenshots off of the SD card and upload them :v

Finally hit a perfect town rating today after planting over 100 trees and building a bunch of PWPs.

Dream Address: 5200-2159-1809
3DS FC: 5455-9744-1584
Jarby

Derekku wrote:

Soaprman wrote:

Too much work to get screenshots off of the SD card and upload them :v
You can upload them via the 3DS web browser with an image hosting service. Some don't work on it, but tinypic is fine.
Topic Starter
Derekku

Jarby wrote:

You can upload them via the 3DS web browser with an image hosting service. Some don't work on it, but tinypic is fine.
That'd be even slower! :P I'd prefer to just batch move them from my SD card to my PC, stick them in Dropbox for backup, and then puush ones that I'd like to share.
awp

Jarby wrote:

you mean second best

Tex is best
Soaprman
Fun fact: you can have too many trees in your town. I had perfect town status for a while but despite only adding stuff, I eventually lost it. Started getting remarks about the town being barren and a lack of public works projects. So, I decided to try subtracting my way to perfect town status. Well, after cutting down and de-stumping about 15 of my 230ish trees, I got instapromoted to perfect town again.

Bonus: the trees I planted that pushed me out of perfect town range were perfect cherry trees.

Related to bonus: Anyone here not have cherries as their native fruit and mind letting me come in to make loads of money? I can usually be around on weeknights (timezone: GMT-5) You're welcome to sell your perfect fruits in my town too, of course.
Topic Starter
Derekku

Soaprman wrote:

Fun fact: you can have too many trees in your town.
Yup. Once you get over 200 or 210ish it starts subtracting from your rating. I nearly did the same thing even after knowing about the limit!
Soaprman

Little punk thought it could hide from me in the flowers.

Slowly but surely, I get closer to my goal...
doIIy
x
Soaprman
Friend code: 0817 - 3769 - 4108

I'm on occasionally in the evening Mon-Fri and anytime Sat-Sun. My gates are more likely to be open on weekends, as on weeknights I'm usually tarantula hunting and they only appear when the gates are closed. My Skype name is "soaprman" if you like Skype.

And here's my dream town in case anyone wants to visit a work-in-progress with a barren northern half: 4600 - 2676 - 3116
Ephemeral
4511-0584-5421

i play pretty much every night thus far, got new leaf pretty recently and am really enjoying it! feel free to add - i've added everyone else in the last page or so
Topic Starter
Derekku
Added a list of 3DS FCs to the OP (from what I saw posted in here, and some copied over from the 3DS FC thread).
Soaprman
Should we plan certain times to have gates open? Most of you aren't in the 3DS Skype group we have going for all-hours pestering fun (if you want in, let me or someone else already in it know) so planning meetings might be a tad difficult. I'd like to visit your towns and definitely not stomp all over your shit.

Timezone information would be handy to have, too. Like, Eph says "night" in his post but as someone more than a few blocks away from Australia, I don't really know what that means! (I'm UTC - 5 by the way. Don't include DST in your calculations... vanilla timezones only). There's a spreadsheet in the 3DS thread OP where we can write that stuff down.
show more