forum

abraker's PC/Gadget Thread

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
abraker

PC/Gadget Thread

Get your gaming battle stations out because this is yet another rating thread. Here I'll put your shitty laptops and toaster boxes side by side judge how potato they are. Doesn't matter if it's a raspberry pi, a e-book, or a watch. So long as it's digital and it can run something it counts!

Don't be over confident tho. You can wrap RGB around your amazon kindle all you want, but if it can't run crysis expect your points to suffer.

What I require:

1. A good picture of your scrap metal
  2. Specs or something that allows me to look it up
  3. Any mods/overclocking/etc?
There might be multiple categories depending on what will be submitted. If you happen to somehow own a supercomputer, play pong on it to win this thread.

Ratings
  1. Shinrun: 7.5/10
  2. Penguin: 6.75/10
  3. _ralsei: 6.6/10
  4. Kolmas: 6.2/10
  5. Wowcake: 6/10
  6. Asian Warlord: 5.75/10
  7. Canadian Baka: 5.7/10
  8. z0z: 4.75/10
  9. Phantonym Asus A42J: 4.55/10
  10. Igorsprite: 4.25/10
  11. Phantonym Fujitsu PH521: 4.25/10
  12. Itz_UwU_Playz: 4.2/10
  13. NotRaffi: 3.85/10
  14. eblf: 3.75/10
igorsprite
ShinRun
Alright so my gaming laptop is running an rtx 2060 max q but the fucking thing somehow stoped maxing out the gpu and cpu. Like the usage never goes over 30 percent which is terrible when you’re gaming

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-rog-zephyrus-g14-14-gaming-laptop-amd-ryzen-9-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-2060-max-q-1tb-ssd-moonlight-white/6403816.p?skuId=6403816
Here’s a link
z0z
i feel like going with the flow this time

no mods
Penguin

PENGUIN'S SETUP

(not a prebuilt, I built it entirely give me extra points)

Specs

CPU is i5-9600K (no OC)
GPU is Gigabyte 1660 OC 6GB (idk why speccy says 2GB)
RAM is 4x8gb crucial or something idk I forgot
PSU is evga 500w bronze maybe? idk something like that
NO RGB AT ALL! RGB IS LAME!
Peripherals
Headphones are Beyerdynamic DT 990s with a dac amp
I have too many keyboards to list
mouse is steelseries rival 310 I think
mic is blue yeti nano with shock mount
webcam is logitech c920 i think idk
desk is wood, pretty epic
mousemat is steelseries thickboi I have two on top of each other for more THICKNESS
I stole the DVD drive from my moms old broken computer because I'm a boomer and sometimes use dvds/cds

ur mom

Asian Warlord
Topic Starter
abraker
Igorsprite:

A Samsung laptop boasting an i5-3210M and 4 GB ram. Given the laptop, I believe it contains just the intel HD 4000 graphics card the cpu has. The i5-3210M was released back 2012, around the time when windows 7 came out. This stuff is old and specs were borderline poor even for the time. Feels like a standard $500 laptop, equipped to float at the bottom of the barrel. just enough to do the basics. Running chrome on it must be hell however you go about it. At least you didn't get an Intel Atom.

Rating: 4.25/10
ShinRun:

The 16 GB ram, the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060, the 1 TB SSD, and an AMD Ryzen 9. Oh did I mention it boasts a 120 Hz display? You got a pretty decent puppy here. It is well equipped and suitable for most stuff you through at it. From what I can gather its battery life isn't bad either. It comes around at about $1500, which is just what you'd expect for top of the line gear.

Rating: 7.5/10
z0z:

The i3-3240 came out around the same time as the i5-3210M Ashton has. Which tells me this is a pretty old piece of wonder too. And a wonder it is, because it is an all-in-one! I remember those were quite popular back in the early 10's, but those never really appealed to me. Despite being touch screen, I never saw myself using the screen given the display is always oriented vertically. And judging by the setup, I'd say that is pretty accurate even with you. The 6 Gb ram was decent for its time, but rather lacking these days. Don't have enough info for GPU, but I know the i3 has an Intel HD 2500, and that's even worse than the HD 4000. Bad for gaming, a bit sluggish for everything else.

Rating: 4.75/10
Penguin:

The 7th gen i5 came out not that long ago. At this time CPU is less an indicator of performance while other factors are. The machine boasts a staggering 32 GB, plenty for all the chrome tabs you may need. The storage is a ~500 GB samsung SSD, a pretty decent choice, with extra drives there for back up and expanded storage. The GTX 1660 is a pretty good gfx card, although its age is starting to show.

Rating: 6.75/10
Asian Warlord:

The AMD Ryzen 5 was also released not long ago. The Vega 8 GFX card is pretty good enough to play most things on low settings. The 8 GB ram is kinda lacking but decent if you budget your resources. I looked up the laptop and it seems it's running on a 1 Tb HDD. I'd expect loading times to quit slow if that's the case. As for its everything else, it's nothing too remarkable.

Rating: 5.75/10
igorsprite

abraker wrote:

Ashton:

A Samsung laptop boasting an i5-3210M and 4 GB ram. Given the laptop, I believe it contains just the intel HD 4000 graphics card the cpu has. The i5-3210M was released back 2012, around the time when windows 7 came out. This stuff is old and specs were borderline poor even for the time. Feels like a standard $500 laptop, equipped to float at the bottom of the barrel. just enough to do the basics. Running chrome on it must be hell however you go about it. At least you didn't get an Intel Atom.

Rating: 4.25/10
Ashton???
Topic Starter
abraker
LMAO how the fuck did I screw that up

fixed
ShinRun

Asian Warlord wrote:

Lotion and tissue next to the laptop

The setup of a true degenerate
igorsprite
btw 500$ that laptop? i remember paying like 200$ in 2013
Topic Starter
abraker

igorsprite wrote:

really? then wtf would a shitty atom be?
igorsprite

abraker wrote:

igorsprite wrote:

really? then wtf would a shitty atom be?
yeah, but i changed the processor, the old one was an i3-3110M
Topic Starter
abraker
never tried changing the processor in a laptop
Nuuskamuikkunen
I easily could have the worst setup of OT. I genuinely hate it, hate it so much it does not deserve a photo taken by me.

However the model is the same model as this:

igorsprite

eblf2013 wrote:

I easily could have the worst setup of OT. I genuinely hate it, hate it so much it does not deserve a photo taken by me.

pray for eblf 🙏😔
JustABeginner

igorsprite wrote:

eblf2013 wrote:

pray for eblf 🙏😔
Man... 😔

On the bright side, I found this design interesting.
Nuuskamuikkunen

JustABeginner wrote:

igorsprite wrote:

eblf2013 wrote:

pray for eblf 🙏😔
Man... 😔

On the bright side, I found this design interesting.
Might look so, but the build quality is garbage too, the screen lid, the keyboard and the handle break real fast.
Corne2Plum3

eblf2013 wrote:

Can you play osu with it?
Nuuskamuikkunen

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

Can you play osu with it?
Hardly, CTB is hardly playable, the other three modes are "fine" as long as you use a lightweight skin.

Latency is high though. And you can't open anything else than osu! if you don't want it to go hella slow.
show more