Total votes: 290
Polling ended
Topic Starter
huu
Main thread: [osu!mania] Project Loved: July 2021

inabakumori - Lagtrain by Player0
147 BPM, 4:07 | 3.30★

Captain's description (by Penguinosity):
Lagtrain has finally made its way to the Loved section! Player0 created an immediate hit with this cleverly made storyboard map, a map which soon after being uploaded soared all the way to being the #1 most favorited osu!mania chart in the Graveyard section. It's easy to see why this happened, and Player0 really deserves a lot of credit for the coherency they established between this map's storyboard, and the original music video for the song. It's because of this coherency, that the osu!mania Loved captains *implore* you all who play this map, to make sure that you follow the instructions at the top of the map's description, and download this map WITH the video and to also use the blank skin provided within the maps folder. This is how you would get the full experience, but with that out of the way let's talk about what Player0 has done with the storyboard and the patterns.

The first thing you'll notice is the monochromatic style of the skin matching the video's aesthetics. Once the chorus hits though, the playfield will teleport about the screen, matching up with the movements of the character. Another thing to mention are the small "X's" strung through all of the main choruses. Hitting these will cause a reticle to appear, which is essentially telling you "Hey... I see you mashing there. Don't do that".

I'll try to keep the rest of this overview brief since it's already getting long, and just list off a number of the other gimmicks to be found with the storyboard: The playfield multiplying, the playfield completely disappearing, changes in scroll direction, increased and decreased size in the playfield, and some small alterations to the noteskin visuals.

The actual note patterns themselves are kept pretty simple, as they really should be, because even with how simplistic they are you'll find all of the difficulty you need just through the map's visuals alone. Let's all thank Player0 for their constant creativity and contributions to this community by showing them just how much we love this map.

Please use this thread to discuss why you believe this map should or should not enter the Loved category!
K4L1
obvious
KevinJaveB GD
Esta bien hecho el mapa, pero no me convence, será porque está difícil de hacer full combo.
Atychii
this should be loved because this gave me an earworm and its mania lol
TheGHGovernment
Ofc
Sydosys
95%+ fo sho
lifty3
not bad
Poifish
I don't even play mania, but the SB on this map and the overall execution is just better than I was prepared for
Topic Starter
huu
This map passed the voting! It will be moved to Loved soon.