forum

Shoe Thread

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
WitherMite

Shoe Thread

Here I rate shoes from the totally unbiased perspective of a runner.
I'll give two ratings, my own thoughts - ie: would I wear the shoe - and a slightly less biased score used for ranking.

You can post your own shoes, or just a shoe that you find online and I will make my opinion known.
List the name and brand of the shoe and I will do some research to try and give a more in depth rating.
They don't need to be athletic shoes.

Bonus for posting the sole wear on older shoes - I'll try and let you know if your shoe fits your gait.

post shoe get rating gogogo
Rankings:
Post | Overall | Personal rating

This is not in any way, shape, or form sexual. Keep feet out of any pictures; nobody wants to see your crusty toes, go home.

will begin ranking if there are posts when I wake up tomorrow

yes I am unoriginal and fashionably late to the trend
Nuuskamuikkunen
Are sandals valid?

Not going to post feet btw, just sandals
abraker
nike shall get 0 or this thread is a phony
Topic Starter
WitherMite

abraker wrote:

nike shall get 0 or this thread is a phony
yes, unless we talking high end race stuff, nike shoes are pretty low quality.

eblf2013 wrote:

Are sandals valid?

Not going to post feet btw, just sandals
yep, any footwear goes
Asian Warlord
Asian Warlord
Yes, I'm in to fashion.
ShinRun

Asian Warlord wrote:

Yes, I'm in to fashion.
The only thing in fashion that you care about is shoes...
Which is also one of the last thing someone sees when meeting you
Ashton
Imagine caring about shoes
Topic Starter
WitherMite
(dont be surprised when athletic fashion shoes get a low personal rating, I dont see the point in buying super expensive shoes you never wear for their purpose for fear of ruining them.)
z0z
(insert picture of horseshoes)
Topic Starter
WitherMite

z0z wrote:

200/10
Asian Warlord
YyottaCat

WitherMite wrote:

z0z wrote:

200/10
Go wear a pair of horseshoes.
Tad Fibonacci
I only have like 2 pairs of shoes.
A pair of chelsea boots and a pair of sports shoes.

Although I haven't worn them in a while because of Covid.

I'm thinking of getting a pair of Oxford for when I'll have to wear suits, but it'll probably be a while before I get one.
ShinRun
I’m thinking of getting a pair of dr. Martin or another pair of timberland
I’m really into boots and stuff
Topic Starter
WitherMite
@Asian Warlord

Air force 1's
white shoes are a no go for me honestly, and they are Nike, so meh.
Iconic 2000's shoe tho. they look to be in somewhat ok condition.
personal rating: 1/5 | overall: 5/10

vans
Idk much about canvas shoes tbh. this pair has seen much better days though, and the only reason I'd get flats like these is if I were to try skating again, and these apparently arent too great for that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGEiRCYAYVs&t=512s but at $60 (assuming I got the model right), if you're a fan of canvas its not a bad shoe I guess.
personal rating: 1.5/5 | overall: 4/10

CDG
honestly not worth that $150 price to me, but it is a designer shoe, im not the type to buy designer anything.
they do look pretty good though, and these are new. again, dont know much about canvas.
personal rating: 2/5 | overall: 7/10

Checker vans
I feel similarly to the other pair of vans, though obviously no one's skating in slip on's. much better condition, but as they are mostly white, not something I would wear - you can see the sides of the soles are already pretty brown.
personal rating: 3/5 | overall: 8/10

basketball shoes
I have never worn basketball shoes myself, but these look decently comfortable and the design and colors arent bad. not much else to say about them.
personal rating 3.5/5 overall 6/10

Jordan 13 retro carmelo anthony b-grade
after some research, seems like a pretty good collector's item, yours seem to have some issues at seams, but otherwise are ok. as a shoe, personally i dont much like the design, though the colors are nice, my HS was also black and yellow.
personal rating: 2/5 | overall 7.5/10

air max 97
not a flattering picture tbh. but looking them up they look decently ok I guess.
as a running shoe, way overpriced. definitely paying for the brand here. this shoe is purely a fashion shoe at this point, and there are better, cheaper max cushion trainers out there, pay like $30 more and you can get carbon plate racers. personally, don't much like max cushion or high toe drop, both of which this has a ton of. Though, they arent really meant for running, but I dont see much point in buying such an expensive casual sneaker.
personal rating: 0/5 | overall: 5/10

man that took ages. I'll edit op later
Asian Warlord
Aye, I'm not disappointed on the rating.