forum

Expanding the TOP50 list. [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +115
show more
KinkiN

CXu wrote:

Actually, the disqus comments thing is probably fine, especially after the new modding system is introduced. Prooobably, but yeah, even if the whole list isn't shown at once, atleast having it expand with some button would help a lot.
off topic , but i haven't heard about the new modding system :p

also, about new column for personal best. you guys should check it. i think it's weird , and it didn't show your online ranking :(
Leader
Yes please, I want the full top50 immediately visible like before.

And about the disqus thing: no. It will only cause troubles in my opinion like troll comments, anonymous insults and other stuff.
I mean, who wants to see comments such "OMG BEST MAP EVER!!!111" (ironic or not) or "Your map really sucks go kill yourself durr" (these will be the most common)
Bweh

Leader wrote:

Yes please, I want the full top50 immediately visible like before.

And about the disqus thing: no. It will only cause troubles in my opinion like troll comments, anonymous insults and other stuff.
I mean, who wants to see comments such "OMG BEST MAP EVER!!!111" (ironic or not) or "Your map really sucks go kill yourself durr" (these will be the most common)
or "cokezi is best"

truly an unneeded change

I don't mind the comments but dat top 50...
lolcubes
The comments being necessary/fun is irrelevant, but it is very inconvenient to see only the top 10 with a scrollbar. Since you already have to scroll to even see the comments, I see really see no benefit to this scroll bar for the scores - only a downside, so I would like to see it gone with top50 list restored as well.

I understand that there is also a scroll bar in the game, but you could say it's kinda necessary there due to the size of the interface, however in this web form, I find it highly unnecessary.

Support.
eldnl
I'm pretty sure peppy can do something else with the comments, which could look way better, and give us our top50 list back!

Support.
alxnr
I don't like a scrollbar inside a web interface ._.
If the Top 50 List is restored (and the disqus thingy is there), then the page will be vertically long..
MillhioreF
Please, yes. The userpage is expandable, why not this?
Topic Starter
CXu
Or possibly make the comments expandable, and keeping the old scoreboard as it was. Either way works tbh.
Edit: Dis millhi.
benguin
Yeah, showing the complete top 50 and perhaps only showing the most recent comment (and making the rest expandable) would be best.
deadbeat
i'd be happier if it went back to normal, and this comment thing was moved to a separate tab :<
Luna
I think this change takes a lot of the competitive motivation out of the game for non-pro players.
Usually, when looking at a beatmap's page, I'm not going to bother scrolling through everything just to see the lower ranks, which means ranks 11-50 get way less exposure, and the same few top pros + FL players will hog all the attention. Not to mention that it looks ugly (imo) and draws attention away from what should be the focus (the leaderboard).
I don't particularly care about the comments, I think they are going to add nothing to the game and just be a minor spam annoyance. But whatever, if you like them, keep them. Just don't take away most of the scoreboard to do so.
puncia
Yes please! Supporting.
XPJ38
At least make it expandable, it would be nice.

Off-topic
I also noticed that we can't see our personal rank on a beatmap anymore, and that makes me sad.
Outsanity

XPJ38 wrote:

At least make it expandable, it would be nice.

Off-topic
I also noticed that we can't see our personal rank on a beatmap anymore, and that makes me sad.
Actually, your personal rank is there next to whoever is #1.

I'm not for or against the idea of expanding the Top 50 but, I personally wouldn't see a need to expand it if you mean like from 50 to 100.
if you mean expand the frame then it could be possible but then the beatmap page may be a bit too long than it needs to be.

You have to remember:

He's only just testing it out so it may or may not stay.
XPJ38

Outsanity wrote:

Nah, I was talking about the rank, i.e. my location in the rankings (#300, #850, etc.) This has disappeared.
TakuMii
The previous expansion to 400 (before peppy tested out having a unified score list and added friend/country rankings) made getting a higher rank more tangible and encouraged better performance. I'm hoping that it'll come back, as it was very helpful.
Winshley

XPJ38 wrote:

Outsanity wrote:

Nah, I was talking about the rank, i.e. my location in the rankings (#300, #850, etc.) This has disappeared.
Yup, I can't see my rank position on web leaderboard now. I had to see it in-game to know that I got #791 on DJ Sharpnel - StrangeProgram [HappyMiX].

I support everything in this thread so far.
TheVileOne
I don't think this is such a big deal. Why do people care whether they need to scroll the list or not?
Outsanity

Winshley wrote:

Yup, I can't see my rank position on web leaderboard now. I had to see it in-game to know that I got #791 on DJ Sharpnel - StrangeProgram [HappyMiX].

I support everything in this thread so far.
Well, I'm sure it's just a simple adding of text/coding to the personal ranking so it could read:
Personal Best #300 (about X hours ago)
Outsanity

TheVileOne wrote:

I don't think this is such a big deal. Why do people care whether they need to scroll the list or not?
"Change causes panic" - Someone wise
Disso-
I'd also like if Global Ranking still showed top 50 in game, you can't even watch replays anymore since it's 51-100 not 1-50.
Outsanity

Disso- wrote:

I'd also like if Global Ranking still showed top 50 in game, you can't even watch replays anymore since it's 51-100 not 1-50.
Yeah that just got fixed. it's shows 1-50 again.
ieb

Lach wrote:

"omg cokiezi play this map!!1one"

Profile settings to disable Disqus nonsense please.
support
uredd
as a temporary solution, firefox users with stylish add-on installed could use the following script to eliminate scollbar in the scores list (Add-ons->Styles->Create new style->copy&paste->Save)
@-moz-document domain("osu.ppy.sh") {
.beatmapListing {
overflow: visible !important;
height: auto !important;
}
}
Aqo

XPJ38 wrote:

Off-topic
+1 to this
I'm sooooo annoyed by this now

uredd wrote:

as a temporary solution, firefox users with stylish add-on installed could use the following script to eliminate scollbar in the scores list (Add-ons->Styles->Create new style->copy&paste->Save)
.beatmapListing {
}
}
I love you
KinkiN

added tag pls :p

wait ... not added? O.o
deadbeat
i wonder why you can see the top 50 scores for o!m, but not everything else ._."
KinkiN
Maybe it's currently underway ~
Luvdic

TheVileOne wrote:

I dont know about the others, but I for one, I like to compare scores from the top 1-5 to the top 40-50. And having to scroll actually hinders the comparison because you can't see both data at the same time.

There are other stuff that I like to do with the top 50 from the beatmap lisitng, such as having a quick glance if any friend of mine have ranked the map, on which btw, it's hindered again if I have to scroll up and down to do the quick glance (compared to see the whole list at once)
_noone_
<>
JappyBabes

TheVileOne wrote:

The same reason people want 4K monitors instead of a 640x480 resolution.
HildasXD
I prefer change to show all as defult.
Or maybe... add "↯" this? Just like the supporter userpage? ( But I think this is unsightly and troublesome. )
alvicala
agree it's awful right now
Cozzzy
Incredibly annoying update; just tried to check a personal best on a score and even that functionality isn't on-site anymore. The top 50 scores also give a lot of info on the song's difficulty outside of the top 10 which tend to be outliers, if you really need another reason. Are we really sacrificing functionality for some comments?

edit: whoops. Yeah, poor choice of words, I meant personal best *rank* (which is now visible again :))
silmarilen

Cozzzy wrote:

just tried to check a personal best on a score and even that functionality isn't on-site anymore.
uhm, it is?

anyway i suggest using this

uredd wrote:

.beatmapListing {
}
}
it really works
Aqo

silmarilen wrote:

Cozzzy wrote:

just tried to check a personal best on a score and even that functionality isn't on-site anymore.
uhm, it is?
it doesn't show your rank on the map

I find this super annoying. used to check it almost daily on a ton of maps D:
Sena Aizawa
I'm supporting this, umm..
It's really disturbing for me (the new design), dunno why, lol.

(Just support it, aaarrgh ._. )
Raging Bull
Somewhat related.

We can see our personal best again!
Tanzklaue
top 50 is visible again \:D/
Luna
Thanks so much, peppy <3
show more