forum

I'm new at skinning, Pls Help me out. Onegaishimasu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jotsu
So, I've been trying to figure out how to solve the issue that I have which is the top panel where the collection, recently, artist, difficulty and no group is located. also the selection for the leaderboard, for some reason I cant fix that,the top(orange) Outline, it stops mid way lol.

if have any tips or anything that you can help me out with that would be awesome.

Thnx for taking your time reading this.

Sincerely Jotsu.

Redo_
You have to add it to mode-osu-small, but you won't be able to achieve the orange colour you're looking for.

You can find everything here: https://skinship.xyz/tutorial/song_selection
Topic Starter
Jotsu

Redo_ wrote:

You have to add it to mode-osu-small, but you won't be able to achieve the orange colour you're looking for.

You can find everything here: https://skinship.xyz/tutorial/song_selection
I read the what that website had but didnt workout for me, that's why I'm here looking for help.
JustABeginner
Since you're using "selection-mode" for the orange outline above, it only stops midway unfortunately. This is because the its origin point is at the bottom left - meaning aligning it at the centre will create a space at the left in the game. And, it's position is placed right after the "back-menu", it is impossible to continue it.

That's why Redo suggest you to add the orange outline from "mode-x-small"; x=osu, taiko, fruits, mania. This element's origin is at the middle and therefore are given more spacious to design - such as the top panel. The only problem is, it is additive - adding white colour will have a opaque white and adding black will just giving you a transparent colour. Which means, the orange colour will be transculent compare to the orange colour in "selection-mode".

There are skins that successfully merge with "mode-x-small" and "selection-mode" on the top panel such as Komori Noel V7 BeasttrollMC skin - hopefully I name it right, you can check it out, get some ideas and try it out on yourself.