forum

Smite

posted
Total Posts
show more
Vulf
Level 30 yes. Runes and Masteries no.
I hope they never add them to smite. Stupid system that causes balance issues later on.
[- Alex -]

Vulf wrote:

Level 30 yes. Runes and Masteries no.
I hope they never add them to smite. Stupid system that causes balance issues later on.
I like the 1 day mods. 5 vs 5 same champ.
Vulf
I'm looking forward to the new Siege map. Looks fun!
I like that Smite has more game modes when compared to league and dota. Arena, Conquest, Joust, and Siege I will play a lot, while in league it's just summoners rift with the occasional aram. lol

More options the better. :)
[- Alex -]

Vulf wrote:

I'm looking forward to the new Siege map. Looks fun!
I like that Smite has more game modes when compared to league and dota. Arena, Conquest, Joust, and Siege I will play a lot, while in league it's just summoners rift with the occasional aram. lol

More options the better. :)
And 3 vs 3 man Kappa .

I will try to play more Smite. I like the game and i want to try the ranks.
Vulf
3v3's in LoL is the epitome of unbalance which is why I will never touch that game mode again. Unless they bring back the old TT. Dominion is a failed version of Arena.

Can't really compare the 3v3 in smite with the one in LoL for a lot of reasons. xD
Soulclenz
anything under 5v5 in any moba I've played is just a meh experience overall. 5v5 or bust.
Vulf
Basically. In Smite 3v3 you pretty much run Siege mages (heavy pushers) and a tank, or you can run a different comp to outplay them. Safer to run the first one though.

In LoL for a very long time it was basically you run 3 bruisers or you lose.
- L A U R A -

Soulclenz wrote:

Well, this is the problem when you have games that revolve around skillshots. You can only do so much with them and abilities become majorly homogenized. They need to add more interesting passives or creative ults. It's hard to pull this off in a game like Smite though because again, it all revolves around skillshots, and if you add easy to hit abilities with big damage or a stun or something, the game becomes harder to balance.

Really, the only reason I pick certain Gods over others, is because they look different, and I enjoy their theme more.
Yeah lol. But some gods they release have an interesting kit. Like Scylla, her ult is really interesting and a skillshot. And the most passives in this game are quite meh... just to name a few: Ne Zha, Vulcan, Isis.
Nemesis Kit is interesting and very viable =/= Skillshots

1. Dash that is controllable
2. Slowing AOE skill having a big range for a melee god on 10 sec cd
3. Shield that you can't miss and can deal damage
4. Ult that you can't miss and gives you protections and speed, while stealing it from the enemy you ulted.

A few tank items and you are invulnerable.

Her whole kit is usable, every single ability, to save your ass and kill people...
People say Fenrir is easy. They never played Nemesis. The only Warrior getting a "Ninja" skin.

Soulclenz wrote:

anything under 5v5 in any moba I've played is just a meh experience overall. 5v5 or bust.
Joust 3v3 is pretty meh, most people that play it have zero map awareness and don't know what farming is. Like, 80% of the players never touched the jungle and pick random teams like all magical...
Joust 1v1 is interesting: counterbuilding, you need to farm as much as you can, mechanically challenging. But it is hard to balance it properly, everybody picked OP stuff for this gamemode and just wrecked everything that made interesting picks (as example: every AA mage that is fast (Freya, Poseidon, Chronos, maybe Nu Wa now...) or Assassins/Warriors with good sustain and high CC kit. It was also the fast way to level up a smurf, so many newbies were scared of it after playing it a few times.

WingsOfDeadthx wrote:

I like the 1 day mods. 5 vs 5 same champ.
You never played the MOTD named MOTD... if you want to know what it is, there's the spoiler. v
All Loki Arena. Worst Matchup possible...
Vulf
Ne Zha's old passive was very interesting, but it was broken as hell. People would just suicide in team fights (possibly killing someone) and auto win after that.

Old Passive - When Ne Zha dies, he becomes a lotus blossom with a large Area of Effect. This AoE grants 30 to both forms of protection in game, as well as healing them for 10% of his health every second for 6 seconds. ) 10% from 2000hp -> 200hps -> 1200 heal
BrokenArrow
Started playing this game today. First game against human players I went 37/7 as Neith.
It looks like it's much harder to close out a game once an inhib falls compared to League of Legends from what I've seen (well I only played 5 games but that's what I experienced). Most games took ~60 minutes, pretty crazy.
Also, this hydra bitch girl is fucking op.
Vulf
It's the ambient gold mechanic combo'd with a lot of mages having great wave clear.. It's a whole hell of a lot higher than league so you would have to snowball really freakin hard to pub stomp people, but it does happen occasionally.

There are quite a few OP things in smite, but it's a different kind of OP than in league. Be glad you weren't around for the warrior nonsense that was pretty frustrating to play against.
- L A U R A -
The Warrior crap is still here, but not as bad as before. Tyr still heals as good as Aphrodite earyl on and deals as much damage as the hydra loli midgame/endgame if build right. To end a game, it is more likely that some players will just stand around on the map instead of grouping up and attacking. I realized that games on my smurf are way longer because people can't group up and just stand around and try to kill everything they see. As support you can't really do anything when this happens... I more felt after getting to 30 that some matches are insanely short, compared to league. But that may be because matchmaking OP.
Vulf
It's a problematic class in other mobas too. They have never been balanced in LoL which resulted in a majority of them being (getting) reworked.
At this point it's just as bad as giving a hunter a bunch of damage and defense steroids and expecting it to be balanced.

My balance philosophy is you either deal damage or you don't.
Having a bunch of heals, defense steroids, and disruptions is fine and very beneficial to a team without bringing boat loads of damage to the table.

In Smite I think it's more of an issue with itemization than their kits alone.
- L A U R A -
Items in Smite are really a problem sometimes. Like most phys have shit damage items. Nothing compared to Poly from magical dmg, just shitty Hydras Lament... Why is it crap: It has low scaling in % basing on base damage stats that are low on phys compared to magical. Like it's normal to have ~600 magical dmg as a mage, but as assassin/adc you normally have around 300 or less. So why is the scaling so bad? that you can easy overtake it with a normal crit? I have no clue...

I have to say: there are some good bruiser items.
Also, there isn't not enough flat pen. Whenever somebody gets some armor and hasn't got a heal, buy Titan's Bane. When he has a heal (let's say, Chaac) you build Brawlers Beatstick. Magical pen is also quite meh. I feel like they also have bad Magical Protection Items: Stone of Gaia is retarded and only good early game if you want sustain. Pestilence just counters heals, it's OK in the sololane. And theres another really expensive item for flat magical dev., but expensive with a crap passive.

Also, short said, for physical gods there are a handfull of crit items where only Rage is viable due to price and other effects on it. Then, Hearthseeker is compared to other high dmg stacking items the only good early game because of the highest damage, having the least stacks and beeing the least expensive. Also, you rarely see a 3 stacking build (devo gauntlets, Transcendence, Hearthseeker) which gives you insane damage and sustain. Just because you are often still stacking at the 30 min mark (also, soo expensive and risky) and it doesn't gives you any attack speed.
Vulf
They need to remove or lower the defensive stats on the void items first of all or buff titans to 40-50%.

Remember when you could stack like 50 flat penetration with 3 items super early in the game? I miss that because anyone who came across an assassin alone would instantly die.
BrokenArrow
Could you guys give me something like a small overview about the game? Are there any "trash-tier" champions or items I should know of? Is it like in League of Legends that you mostly end up rushing one specific item build on every champion or is there a bigger variety of viable items to go for? Which champs go to which lane, how is the current meta?
Thanks in advance, I'm happy about every answer I get. D:
Laharl

BrokenArrow wrote:

Then how about this answer:

"Hi, Arrow!"

Nah.
To be honest, I havent been playing Smite that much the last few weeks but if I recall correctly it is pretty much the same as League of Legends. I remember there's a bit of variety though, at least more than in LoL.
Vulf
Item builds are pretty straight forward. Honestly if you read up on the gods and items on their main site you will get a lot from that.
Smite is pretty easy mode to get into if you have played League previously.
- L A U R A -

BrokenArrow wrote:

Could you guys give me something like a small overview about the game? Are there any "trash-tier" champions or items I should know of? Is it like in League of Legends that you mostly end up rushing one specific item build on every champion or is there a bigger variety of viable items to go for? Which champs go to which lane, how is the current meta?
I think we talk about conquest here.
Super Trash Tier: Loki, Arachne
Imo they are so bad, the pros troll with them and hover over them in tourneys just to get a laugh...

Bastet is kawaii, Scylla too, Tyr perfectly balanced, Vamana ain't OP, Nemesis the hardest and underpowered God, Zeus and Freya are the powerless mages and Ullr is useless due too his stun nerf. Also, Sun Wukong support is the hardest thing ever. Information according to HiRez if you consider Arachne the best jungler.

The normal meta is 1 champ does "toplane" which is in smite the sidelane with less distance between the towers (enemy and yours). The rest is pretty variable. You can do a 2 mid game and focus on farm and midharpies, or a double jungle meta and focus on farming the enemy jungle. Which only 2 mid is viable.
Vulf
Anyone played the new siege mode yet? I just don't have the motivation to solo queue in Smite anymore.
I though that new Ah Muzen Cab skin was a new god in the smite preview. lol
- L A U R A -

Vulf wrote:

Anyone played the new siege mode yet? I just don't have the motivation to solo queue in Smite anymore.
I though that new Ah Muzen Cab skin was a new god in the smite preview. lol
Siege is boring and you get Premades sometimes. If a team gets an advantage early on, it is pretty much set in stone who will win. There are nearly no comebacks, lategame teamcomps are totally useless. It is balanced as bad as Joust 1v1...

The Ah Muzen skin is pretty cool, but the VP is crap. You can't understand a word, and it sounds weird. Same for Chang'e Valentines VP.
Vulf

- L A U R A - wrote:

lategame teamcomps are totally useless.

The Ah Muzen skin is pretty cool, but the VP is crap. You can't understand a word, and it sounds weird. Same for Chang'e Valentines VP.
That alone makes me want to play it even more. Early game gods need to shine somewhere.
Also everything about that Chang'e skin is amazing you are just hating.
Finch
Anyone Willing to play with me? :) I'm a pretty good player (this sounds pretty selfish hue!) but scores do tell.
I've been playing league for 3+ years now ( And still do! ) and sometimes I'm playing smite too.
Just it's way more fun playing with familiar faces than all the randoms you get.
Although I'm not yet level 30 yet (25 at the moment of speaking).
I don't level is very important in the game. Since there isnt anything level related except for 500 favor per level.
So let's play some time! :)
My name is: "xFrozenfire" and I play on the Europe server
Vulf
I'm still level 20 from CB. LOL
I can play with you this weekend when I am back in town.
Finch
Some people are really heavy to carry : <
- L A U R A -

Vulf wrote:

That alone makes me want to play it even more. Early game gods need to shine somewhere.
Also everything about that Chang'e skin is amazing you are just hating.
It isn't that I don't like early game gods, I think jungle Arachne is really fun, since you can careless roam the enemy jungle. What I mean, they could just stop balancing when releasing modes that can't be balanced properly. As long as they don't make this mode competitive out of it, (cough joust) and people start to take it seriously I am happy with it.
The skin is amazing, the voicepack just no understandable in combat. I still use the skins everytime I play Chang'e or Ah Muzen because the skins are ^_^ --> "-".

What do you think about changing Fenrirs 2? Played him lately and realized that I never use the ability. I don't main him or have the biggest experience with him, so I want to ask you first... Maybe change it to a stun or mez, you could force beads and ult them afterwards or just attack them normally. That would maybe help him lategame too where brutalize falls a bit off and basic attacks get better.

FrozenFire wrote:

Anyone Willing to play with me? :) I'm a pretty good player (this sounds pretty selfish hue!) but scores do tell.
I've been playing league for 3+ years now ( And still do! ) and sometimes I'm playing smite too.
Just it's way more fun playing with familiar faces than all the randoms you get.
Although I'm not yet level 30 yet (25 at the moment of speaking).
I don't level is very important in the game. Since there isnt anything level related except for 500 favor per level.
So let's play some time! :)
My name is: "xFrozenfire" and I play on the Europe server
My IGN is LiiMO and I added you :D Also playing on EU
Vulf
I really don't see a problem with it as long as they do it right, otherwise those modes become less serious troll modes which makes people stop playing them all together. Honestly you really have no right to complain because similar games like League leaves things in a terrible spot both broken and underpowered for years (YEARS!!! I'm not joking about this). LOL. Smites balance has been spotty, but it's definitely been better than league has been the last couple of years.

Are they changing Fenrir??!! I still think he can be good if they just fix the damn bugs that kinda make him unplayable at certain points of the game. As for the 2 change I don't think giving a very mobile assassin 3 CC's is a good idea. Remember his 1 stuns at full rune stacks. If they did that I think they would have to shift him into more of a tank or warrior role while reducing his damage some. I would be fine with him being tankier because the big problem with Fenrir right now is that most of his abilities basically put him into a position to over commit to things. That's fine for an assassin because it gives clear counterplay but it really only benefits Fenrir if he is ahead of the enemy team, while when he is behind he is basically a split pusher or an ult bot that hopes they don't have beads available.

Lets take a look at his kit.

Passive -

I think it's perfectly fine how it is. All of his abilities are good without this effect already for the most part.

Unchained -1

This is a great ability for the early game, but it ends up transitioning into an escape ability late game because of how dangerous it is to use in team fights (unless you are winning). Still a great ability for catching people for 1v1's or initiating things when you have a clear advantage. Fenrir 1 stun followed by HoG stun + ulti is kinda stupid if you can pull it off.

Seething Howl - 2

This ability is incredibly binary and I wouldn't mind seeing it removed or put into his passive some how, but they would have to make him more of a warrior if they do this because this is what helps assassin Fenrir in his 1v1's when things are on CD. I used to just stack lifesteal and be unkillable until they nerfed a lot of things. You used to very easily get over 100% + lifesteal with this ability and a couple of other items before they changed a lot of items. LOL

Brutalize - 3

Pretty much what Fenrir is known for is his 3 spam. Very strong ability that has you commit to targets due to the stick + tick mechanic. Very strong ability that has clear weaknesses. I think this ability is fine where it is just needs the damn bugs fixed.

Ragnarok - Ultimate

Same as his 3 ability. Very strong with clear weaknesses. If anything has too much counterplay + it's kinda buggy (STILL).

TL;DR His kit is essentially fine for an assassin just needs some bug fixes, but I would be fine with him being more of a Warrior as opposed to an assassin mostly due to how he has to commit in team fights while be super squishy even with tank items.
- L A U R A -
Just thinking his 2 could get some tweakes, the rest of his kit is totally fine. Tbh, building him max CDR lets you get past the beads CD. The bug on his ult lets me look like a noob q.q
But they exist since his release right? just hoping it gets fixed. Main reason I don't play him more often. And nobody knows what HiRez does sometimes, but next patch should have many changes balance wise. Also, new Apollo skin is kind of awesome :D
Vulf
The 3 bug is recent as in a couple months old. Main reason why I stopped playing Smite for the time being because it's really frustrating to deal with this. I've lost games because of this bug.

Ulti bug has been around for awhile. It was fixed for the longest time and then it came back worse than before after they made his Christmas skin.

After they fix his bugs (if) he might be decent. After that if he is still having trouble they should look into removing some of the enormous amount of counterplay on his ulti. It's not just beads that is his problem.
Soulclenz
The only God I want out of the game is Ares. Screw that God and whoever thought up his abilities.
Finch

Soulclenz wrote:

The only God I want out of the game is Ares. Screw that God and whoever thought up his abilities.
Just buy beads and they'll be useless? :D
Soulclenz

FrozenFire wrote:

Soulclenz wrote:

Just buy beads and they'll be useless? :D
I know haha. I still just dislike him in general though, too useful and strong at killing clueless players. IMHO
Vulf
Just be glad you didn't play when he was broken overpowered. At one point you couldn't even use beads to get out of his ulti unless you had like 2 ping to the game. LOL

He is still very annoying to play against though. =\

EDIT: I just saw the upcoming patch notes and damn they really nerfed Warriors. Deserved LMAO
That executioner buff. :O
Also they FIXED A FENRIR BUG! YES YES AND MORE YES!!! :)
So excited to play this weekend.
Soulclenz

Vulf wrote:

Just be glad you didn't play when he was broken overpowered. At one point you couldn't even use beads to get out of his ulti unless you had like 2 ping to the game. LOL

He is still very annoying to play against though. =\

EDIT: I just saw the upcoming patch notes and damn they really nerfed Warriors. Deserved LMAO
That executioner buff. :O
Also they FIXED A FENRIR BUG! YES YES AND MORE YES!!! :)
So excited to play this weekend.
I haven't read the notes yet, all I saw when I launched the game was double favor and gems on first wins, that was all I needed to want to play a bit more this weekend haha.
Finch
The nerfs are real Q_Q
Vulf
Something needed to be done about Warriors. They pretty much made Guardians a useless role while dealing a boat load of damage. From what I read nothing was really overnerfed which is good. :).

I'll be on tomorrow some.

User is the same as osu "Vulf".
- L A U R A -
It wasn't just the problem with damage, it was with CC. Look at Sun Wukongs kit, Stun, Knockup and safe poke. Also a get-out-of-jail for free card. Odin with a slow on his 3 and high basedmg, an ult that fits for the mostpicked mages ultis (Poseidon and Zeus). Finally Nemesis got a bit more useless considering they lowered protections and health + nerfed retribution a few patches ago. The Patchnotes made me happy.

There where people shouting that Fenrir comes back into competitive play and so on since andinster picked him 2 weeks ago. It more looked like he got outpicked and banned :( Even though Thanatos wasn't banned, the pick wouldn't be favorable because Odin ring, in generall Bastet mobility would stomp most of the open junglers. I guess Athena would have worked well, but idk with what he's comfortable. Also, the Teamcomp of Dignitas was just awesome with Odin, they were able to do so much with him. Pos Odin is disgusting, but Cupid, Hades AND Bastet added is even more scary.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKKCtYT_kuE
Soulclenz
Alright, ran into a new problem last night.

What is the best way to deal with Tyr on assassin Gods? I found that anytime he decided I was the one to die, by the time he was finished his combo juggle nonsense, I was at like 30% hp... Do beads prevent the knock up of his attacks? I got absolutely destroyed by him on Arachne, but she has no mobility so I'm not too surprised there, but I also got picked off quite easily on Bastet and Kali as well. Am I just bad? o.o
Vulf

- L A U R A - wrote:

It wasn't just the problem with damage, it was with CC. Look at Sun Wukongs kit, Stun, Knockup and safe poke. Also a get-out-of-jail for free card. Odin with a slow on his 3 and high basedmg, an ult that fits for the mostpicked mages ultis (Poseidon and Zeus). Finally Nemesis got a bit more useless considering they lowered protections and health + nerfed retribution a few patches ago. The Patchnotes made me happy.

There where people shouting that Fenrir comes back into competitive play and so on since andinster picked him 2 weeks ago. It more looked like he got outpicked and banned :( Even though Thanatos wasn't banned, the pick wouldn't be favorable because Odin ring, in generall Bastet mobility would stomp most of the open junglers. I guess Athena would have worked well, but idk with what he's comfortable. Also, the Teamcomp of Dignitas was just awesome with Odin, they were able to do so much with him. Pos Odin is disgusting, but Cupid, Hades AND Bastet added is even more scary.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKKCtYT_kuE
That's what I mean. Warriors are pretty much Guardians with Assassin tier Damage. Guardians are supposed to have a lot of disruptions through CC, but deal little to no damage while doing that. The changes in the next patch will force Warriors to choose damage or tankyness. They can't really have both anymore.

No reason to pick Fenrir when Warriors are how they currently are. What does Fenrir bring that they don't? After the nerfs to warriors and bug fixes I think Fenrir will be in a good spot.
Soulclenz
Hehe, Vulf, we just had a match against each other xD.
show more