forum

[Serious] I got this new anime plot

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
EchoInProgress
Title says it loud and clear. I'll TRY to keep it short, but to keep the message compact, I'll hide an overall summary in the first box, and an episode 1 summary in the second. Just getting opinions from those experienced with this type of media!
Overall summary
So have you all heard of plot armor? (more here if needed: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PlotArmor) What if the other characters in the story KNEW that the protagonist had it? How would it change interactions with them? And more importantly, what would the antagonist do going against an invincible, unrelenting foe out for blood?
Kinowari Kotaro is that protagonist, a star pupil under Sensei Tutakashi Shiro's wing, until their master gets killed in "foreign affairs" by the antagonist. He's now out for revenge after inheriting an Alexandrite crystal, which can only be described as OP.
Kinowari Yakahi, Kotaro's younger brother, is nowhere near as good as his brother, which is annoying for him since he's constantly being subjected to the whole "why can't you get along with him" treatment.
Hydrich von August, the antagonist (but kinda not really), is a caring soul thrown into some harsh conditions: already ruling an entire nation for how ridiculously young he is, forced to kill Shiro out of self-defense during peace talks, and now the target of an invincible assassin.
Episode 1 summary (sensitive topics!)
  1. Let's start with a good cliche: Kotaro and Yakahi are running late to training.
  2. Finally arrived, Kotaro notices the door is locked and slashes the thing in half to get in.
  3. Yakahi points out that the bulletin board said class was out for the day... oops
  4. Kotaro tries to convince Yakahi to help with the broken door; Yakahi guilt trips himself into it.
  5. Meeting with a local carpenter; chance for worldbuilding(?)
  6. Get back, entire town is there and wearing black. Someone died.
  7. Inheritances are given out, chosen one-style prophecy, yadayadayada TIME FOR VENGEANCE
  8. Snap to Hydrich, who just heard about this
  9. Show scene where he killed Shiro: a peace talk that no one showed up to except for one representative.
  10. Assassination attempt on an exposed target, only fended off by unexpected self defense
  11. Ironic for an "ambassador for peace" to kill at the drop of a hat; mental anguish makes Hydrich almost off himself
For anyone willing to read this mess of an idea, are there any anime cliches or pitfalls I should be aware of diving into this? How about certain arc patterns I could employ?

Thanks to all the seasoned anime fans who are willing to give a few ideas!
NotRaffi
The villain needs to be laid back, really evil but laid back, fast forward to final fight, the villain's friend died and he just hugs them and said "bruh it took me my life to get some friend and now some invincible bastard just shows up"
Topic Starter
EchoInProgress

NotRaffi wrote:

The villain needs to be laid back, really evil but laid back, fast forward to final fight, the villain's friend died and he just hugs them and said "bruh it took me my life to get some friend and now some invincible bastard just shows up"
Interesting idea, having a friend get killed before the actual fight. Only problem is this: Hydrich (the "villain") is FAR from laid back. He's set up to be an emotional TRAIN-WRECK, with the whole series being them slowly building his maturity. But a well timed character death could be a great way to get some character development...
Neigdoig
That villain should be voiced by me. It should be a laid back spy (which I could voice decently).
NotRaffi

EchoInProgress wrote:

NotRaffi wrote:

Interesting idea, having a friend get killed before the actual fight. Only problem is this: Hydrich (the "villain") is FAR from laid back. He's set up to be an emotional TRAIN-WRECK, with the whole series being them slowly building his maturity. But a well timed character death could be a great way to get some character development...
thats actually better than my idea, i just think that Hydrich needs to be chill but then just breaks at the final fight