forum

New Mod: Remove Passive/Constant HP Drain (Ranked/Unranked)? [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +8
show more
alxnr
You can add a question mark next to it, then.

Well, I have no further comment about this. If you keep practicing, you won't need this mod for most maps.
Still no support from me, but I'm neutral about this.
jemhuntr

ImmortalChibi wrote:

1. Sure. I'm almost positive I get them off of the ranked sections. I'm not sure I remember all of them or even if they're the right ones, but here it goes: Levels- Avicii, One More Time- Daft Punk, and Heaven- DJ Sammy.
2. It's not the gap. It's the drain > beat. Sometimes the gap seems a little lengthy, but not lengthy enough for the big check/x screen.
3. I don't think so because it's an extra mod. I mean, is Osu! boring because you can just flip on NoFail and go make yourself a sandwich?
1. I played all the difficulties of Levels and I passed. I occassionally miss stuff and got my health to red at some point on insane. That map was designed that way by the mapper. It's the mappers choice whether he wants to drain your HP so badly.
3. Point is, most people use no fail. And here you are, proposing a mod only a few people would use that could be solved with no fail if you didn't have this motivation thingy.

ImmortalChibi wrote:

1. Meh, I'm not looking for a zombie apocalypse level following here. Like one or two people to sit their and say, "Yeah. This mod could be a thing."
2. Yeah, I'm very tenacious. I wouldn't be if I didn't think it was worth it. The way people fight this is idea is the same logic used to say all the mods that make the game easier are stupid... or they Osu! was built upon the principles of HP Drain and a curse upon the family of the man that changed it.
3. I didn't realize there was a version like that. If the coding isn't ridiculously hard, I'll probably give it a tackle and see about those reviews.
4. Ha ha ha, this is really true. And I have a somewhat "picky" taste in music. >____>
1. A mod which will only be used by less than 5% of the community is totally unnecessary.
2. Point is, all mods are being constantly used. Personally, I use all mods except spunout and easy. Also, this mod will only be useful for a small amount of beatmaps. I bet you wouldn't be able to mention a hundred maps that has ridiculously high hp drain rates.
3. Hardest part would be understanding the code.
4. And that's why you limit yourself to songs that you think are 'good', which makes you unaware of how awesome other maps are. There are tons of awesome maps. To be honest, I used to be picky like you. I searched for specific english songs and anime OPs. But I tried downloading and playing all maps by pack starting from pack 281 through the present one. I got used to it, and now osu! made me play visual novels and listen to touhou tracks.

ImmortalChibi wrote:

1. Idk. That's probably true. But like I said, I have an itchy trigger finger. If I wait too long in suspense for the note, I'm just gonna click it way too soon and end up screwing up anyway.
2. This makes sense.
3. My motivation comes from two things: a) I have literally nothing else to do today. b) I REALLY love games and I will straight up throw a bitchfit in my will if I never get to create a game by the time I die. (Figure of speech, but you get the idea that I really want to be a game dev or some part of creating a game).
1. That's where practice comes in.
3. a) HOLY CRAP WE'RE ON THE SAME BOAT MAN b) yeah, I get the point. I also aim to be a game developer. Although it matters to me the most whether a feature is necessary or not, while considering the number of people who will use it, and how the people will react to it. Even if you think a feature is necessary, if more than 80% of the players think it's bad, you shouldn't force it unto them. This is where peppy's statement enters: 'Just create your own game.', or something like that. IMHO there's no point arguing about this but since we're both bored let's just keep at it and hopefully we'll settle at some point :bd

ImmortalChibi wrote:

It would be a beginner type thing, you know? I mean, the tutorial remains there long after you play it, does that make it unnecessary? No. It was necessary as some point for most people.
The tutorial remains there because most users need it. It's easily disposable if you're really irritated about it. I don't think most users need to halt hp drain since they could just play tons of easier maps.

ImmortalChibi wrote:

1. The HP Drain still exists. Playing in a mode where I can't lose is not rewarding at all. In any other mod (aside from the replay one), there is still SOME sense of accomplishment for reaching the end and you have room to know you can improve.
2. The game's popularity actually stemmed from a user's negative attitude, and I was just trying to tell him that he's not helping the game at all.
3. That is my point.
4. Well anything botting is technically a cheat. Having the program complete the spinner for you fits, I'd say.
5. Meh. Nothing better to do! :D
1. It wouldn't be so rewarding to finish a map using a mod you requested for that specific map.
3. And with this request, consider how many people actually want it and compare it with those who think it's unnecessary. Is it a good decision to spend a few hours coding something that most people wouldn't even touch? What every programmer wants is to have their programs be used and enjoyed by a lot of people. No game developer would implement a feature if a lot of his players tell him that it's unnecessary.
4. botting = automation. As long as it comes with a fitting drawback, it's not a cheat. Anyone can still surpass the maximum score you can get with it.

deadbeat wrote:

can i just say, while i have no idea what's going on, can i say that i think it's funny that this was brought up by someone who hasn't even reached a play count of 500
me too, I think it has nothing to do with play count. But it's true that play count helps you get used to the system. Kind of like evolution.

BlackStat wrote:

Oh wow you guys are still here?

It's quite obvious that the Hp Drain is not going to be touched. The sake of slow parts in a map that will cause you to fail if you miss one beat are there on purpose, it's a well known mapping technique.
yes we are. And yes, ridiculous hp drain is a well known mapping technique. Someday he'll get used to it if he keeps playing.

ImmortalChibi wrote:

Okay, for REAL last post. This is for you, RagingBull in regards to:

Raging Bull wrote:

Man what maps are you even playing?
Try "When You Leave (NumaNuma) (Nightcore Mix)" by Alina Puscau, the Roddie's Hard (-Bakari-) difficulty. To make it even better, turn on SpunOut, the mod that is supposed to complete the spins for you and no others. Now play through the song, this challenge goes to anyone, and tell me that at no point your HP drops beyond your control to keep it up. Ever. That HP is 100% as long as your are swinging that clicker around.

Now it could be the map, it could be the drain, it could just be me in some way I guess I'm not hitting the buttons hard enough. BUT why run the risk of anything? Why not just a mod that fixes this issue? "Because it's not needed." Well this fucking game is not needed by the world, yet here we are all trying to enjoy it. :)
I'll try that map out later.

That was a bit overboard, btw. Let me just tell you that there might be at most 20 people in this entire community who's having the same issue as you. No one ever, through this game's 5 years of existence, complained about not having the skill to overcome a certain map's HP Drain. This is like blaming your art teacher that you couldn't draw. The biggest issue here is that you don't exert enough effort to gain the skill you're complaining about.
And btw, not everyone is just trying to enjoy this game. A lot of us actually enjoy this game and will continue enjoying it for the next few years.

/damn, got stuck at episode 5 of shinsekai yori
Lach

ImmortalChibi wrote:

Okay, for REAL last post. This is for you, RagingBull in regards to:

Raging Bull wrote:

Man what maps are you even playing?
Try "When You Leave (NumaNuma) (Nightcore Mix)" by Alina Puscau, the Roddie's Hard (-Bakari-) difficulty. To make it even better, turn on SpunOut, the mod that is supposed to complete the spins for you and no others. Now play through the song, this challenge goes to anyone, and tell me that at no point your HP drops beyond your control to keep it up. Ever. That HP is 100% as long as your are swinging that clicker around.

Now it could be the map, it could be the drain, it could just be me in some way I guess I'm not hitting the buttons hard enough. BUT why run the risk of anything? Why not just a mod that fixes this issue? "Because it's not needed." Well this fucking game is not needed by the world, yet here we are all trying to enjoy it. :)
oh man my hp was spiraling out of control it was like i was being taken for a ride i had to hold onto something

SPOILER

i even intentionally left a long 1/1 slider to see if i was unable to get health back(the dip)

this thread is going nowhere and i got a good laugh out of the shitstorm you kicked up.

Edit: nice skin person below me
_koinuri

I don't thing these tiny dents are going to make you fail... >.>

The skin: Lol, thanks. The result screen is messed up now because of the update, but meh
GoldenWolf

ImmortalChibi wrote:

1. Right, I don't currently have the skill. How could I with such little game time? I'm not claiming to be insta-pro and this game is flawed. It's a small suggestion that I think could be very beneficial and not hurt anybody at all. I mean, if somebody is really upset that someone is playing a song without HP Drain, then they're one hella-egotistical bastard that probably looks down on everyone for using any of the easy mode mods.

2. I used a bomb because you do die... in the song. And I mean, it's very difficult to progress through a part if you only get a split second chance to try it out. If you couldn't tell, I was hesitant to use the metaphor and I also said, "the best way" that I could think of. It's very hard to come up with this situation in real life.

3. I did read that. And yes, I'm sure you're fantastic at Osu!. I applaud you for your skill, indeed. The trouble with most pros though, is that they fail recognize that not everyone has your skill and perhaps they don't even want it. What if someone just wants to do this game for fun? I mean, it's free and has a lot of nifty things in it. The difficulty of an HP Drain however, can get very frustrating and make a song unnecessarily hard.

>I said I don't know. I said I'd bet. It's a gamble. I accept that I very well could be wrong in this. I'd expect someone to be kind enough to just say, "Well actually...." Instead of, "You're a fucking gerbil with downs if you're guessing that about something which you have no knowledge of. Go kill yourself and never come back!"

5. I exaggerate a lot to try and make the mood comical. It is VERY likely someone can misinterpret this and take insult to it. This is not my intention. This was also a gamble. And, as you can tell, I've tried to handle myself very civilized with whatever somebody was saying and try to accurately put forth my ideals.

6. I don't fail to realize that I'm still fresh to the game. I'm basically going off of first impressions at this point. However, I'd like to ask if you've ever played League of Legends? It's a lot of point and click, high velocity game play. Knowing where and when to click can translate smoothly into Osu!. So I give myself SOME, albeit little, credit for this.
Hi, back from afk and didn't read anything else than your reply.

1. Now I understand, so I'll only say the following: If you fail because the map is too hard for you, it's simple: Do not play the said map until you have the level for. Now you can ask; "How to have the level for?" The answer is simple: Practice on easier maps and get better at them first, then once you improved you can play something harder, then get better at it, etc etc.

3. I don't "fail recognize that not everyone has my skill", you just didn't understand what I meant. And also, there are no purposes to play osu! unless you have fun with.

5. No need to exagerate, it only makes me not taking you seriously.

6. I played that game, for about a month and ~2hours a day, enough to have a quick impression of the game; Not really bad, even if I don't really like MOBA games, and the community was absolute garbage.

I'm just gonna repeat myself but; you need to play the game a lot more to understand why your idea is not necessary at all.
osu! doesn't need to be easier to fit your desires, but you have to get better at osu! in order to beat those maps. You can find very easy maps that is almost impossible to fail not purposely. I have this map in mind for example

And again, don't play maps that are too hard for you, because you'll just end up failing them. Play maps you can get B/A/S/SS ranks on. If you can't even get a B, it means the map is so hard it's useless to play it, because you won't learn anything from it. Hell if you pass with a D you were most probably just lucky.
Topic Starter
ImmortalChibi

Lach wrote:

oh man my hp was spiraling out of control it was like i was being taken for a ride i had to hold onto something

SPOILER

i even intentionally left a long 1/1 slider to see if i was unable to get health back(the dip)

this thread is going nowhere and i got a good laugh out of the shitstorm you kicked up.

Edit: nice skin person below me

Loli -[Koinuri] wrote:

I don't thing these tiny dents are going to make you fail... >.>
albjaoiehanfk, I came back for the two that actually tried the map I set because of e-mails. Lol.
Congratulations guys, for getting really good scores. Now, the point of the map wasn't that "It's unbeatable." The point was to show you that certain points, your HP will drop regardless of the notes you're hitting. Did you notice this at all? I can hit most if not all the notes, but I do hit sections where I'm not slamming down perfect keys the whole time, so I'm basically being punished for being imperfect. THIS GAME IS HITLER! No, I kid. But really though... perfection can't be the minimum standard.
I don't have your levels of skill, yet. I mean, I logically have the skill to complete the map with even only a C or D if the additional HP Drain didn't bring me down for not scoring 300 on every note. I made it like half-way through the song or something before mid spinner I lost.
Raging Bull
I combo broke. Fml

But I didn't even get close to failing with HR + SO

https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/806838

Also why don't you adapt yourself to the game, don't make the game adapt to you. Or whatever that saying is. Practice.
Topic Starter
ImmortalChibi
Fuck I'm so bad at keeping my word. I'll try your map, GW. Not really gonna respond to anymore than that though because I it's 3 am for me and I haven't been sleeping well over the past week. -.-
jemhuntr
how many times did you say that it was your last post already? XD
now the point is, that specific map is made to be finished with perfection. HP drain allows mappers to give the players a challenge.
GoldenWolf

ImmortalChibi wrote:

THIS GAME IS HITLER!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

I knew it'd happen.
Topic Starter
ImmortalChibi

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

how many times did you say that it was your last post already? XD
now the point is, that specific map is made to be finished with perfection. HP drain allows mappers to give the players a challenge.
Like 9 times.
Whaaaaat the fuuuuuuck!?!?!? Well I through that out there as a possibility way early on that I was awful at picking maps. So obviously I would pick one that has very high standards. -.-

Also, GW if you read this, the song you linked... Easy as all hell on four stars pretty much. But on insane, literally miss two notes and you're done bub. Maybe 3? But I'm not sure if the 3rd one was real, or if I had already failed but the HP bar wasn't quick enough to reach zero before I clicked.
GoldenWolf
Try the 0.5 stars one, you gonna laugh.

And yeah, the thing is; I don't even notice hpdrain anymore since a long time. You'll also stop looking at hpdrain over time, simply because you'll get better. And once your goal is to get Full Combo on a map, you won't look at hpdrain because it's useless lol. You want FC so you just gonna have to hit every note the most accurately possible. That is even more true when you aim for SS.
Topic Starter
ImmortalChibi

GoldenWolf wrote:

ImmortalChibi wrote:

THIS GAME IS HITLER!

I knew it'd happen.
Oh my god that's hilarious! XD
But statistically probable. I mean, that same law can be applied on a MUCH larger scale, like to the universe. Scientists conclude that (many years from now), the universe will kind of reset or something and everything will happen again. This is true because there are only a finite number of things we could possibly do on Earth, and they were inevitably be done again.

These laws are similar because of mathematics and statistical probability given a period of time.

HOWEVER, this is a conversation for another thread. >______>
... I really need to get some sleep. But the internet... she beckons.
Raging Bull

GoldenWolf wrote:

And yeah, the thing is; I don't even notice hpdrain anymore since a long time. You'll also stop looking at hpdrain over time, simply because you'll get better. And once your goal is to get Full Combo on a map, you won't look at hpdrain because it's useless lol. You want FC so you just gonna have to hit every note the most accurately possible. That is even more true when you aim for SS.
Topic Starter
ImmortalChibi

GoldenWolf wrote:

Try the 0.5 stars one, you gonna laugh.

Alright alright, I understand what everyone means now by, "You don't even notice it." It's because it shouldn't be a factor when you're actually good at comboing and such. Took me entirely TOO LONG to understand that, but I got there. Slow and steady wins the race, alright guy? >:L
Topic Starter
ImmortalChibi
What's with all the Osu! Supporter tags underneath the pics, btw? Are those like the mod icons of Osu!?
GoldenWolf
Seems you finally understand it lol
Well, better late than never (eh sounds weird in english)
That's also why I told you to play maps you can get good ranks, and even FC on. That's because you'll stop looking at hpdrain :3

ImmortalChibi wrote:

What's with all the Osu! Supporter tags underneath the pics, btw? Are those like the mod icons of Osu!?
You can donate to osu! and you'll get that supporter badge, showing to the world how much you love this game. You also get a few extra features with it (That's doesn't affect the gameplay at all) => https://osu.ppy.sh/p/support
jemhuntr
and there's no such hp level where you couldn't recover.

GoldenWolf wrote:

ImmortalChibi wrote:

THIS GAME IS HITLER!

I knew it'd happen.
cool.

ImmortalChibi wrote:

... I really need to get some sleep. But the internet... she beckons.
yeah right, haha
Raging Bull

ImmortalChibi wrote:

We donated money to osu!.
Zeraph
10/10 troll.

ontopic: This mod is completely unnecessary. HP Drain is such a negligible part of this game at the level that you're playing at. I know its been said a lot already but you just need to play the game a lot. It's like joining the game playing an easy song getting an S and being like OK I'm gonna play [insert insane song with ridiculous drain stage] failing and then crying about it because you can't pass it.
jemhuntr
no need for ontopic replies. this is pretty much resolved hahahaha
Raging Bull
Okay let's just post off topic till it gets invalid!
Topic Starter
ImmortalChibi

GoldenWolf wrote:

Seems you finally understand it lol
Well, better late than never (eh sounds weird in english)
That's also why I told you to play maps you can get good ranks, and even FC on. That's because you'll stop looking at hpdrain :3

ImmortalChibi wrote:

You can donate to osu! and you'll get that supporter badge, showing to the world how much you love this game. You also get a few extra features with it (That's doesn't affect the gameplay at all) => https://osu.ppy.sh/p/support
How dare you tell me to try that 1/2 star song. That was unbearably slow. I'm pretty sure I had a birthday or two during that song. I actually wanted to fail just so it would end quicker.
Talk about sneezing between notes? WASH YOUR DAMN CAR between those notes. O.o

Lol well thanks for the advice dude. I mean, this mod CAN still be a thing... but I don't think it would be as useful as I previously thought. (I'm stubborn, but I'll reach a middle-ground. ;P)
Topic Starter
ImmortalChibi

Zeraphlol wrote:

10/10 troll.

ontopic: This mod is completely unnecessary. HP Drain is such a negligible part of this game at the level that you're playing at. I know its been said a lot already but you just need to play the game a lot. It's like joining the game playing an easy song getting an S and being like OK I'm gonna play [insert insane song with ridiculous drain stage] failing and then crying about it because you can't pass it.
You, sir or madam, can calm down. The topic has been resolved. I stand by this mod can be useful for the fresher players or the players that advance more slowly than others. However, it's not as useful as I once thought it would be for someone like myself or the people that have a million songs done already.
Topic Starter
ImmortalChibi
Of topic replies? I'm terrible at these... uh... radioactive potato salad? D:
GoldenWolf
Shhh, you should sleep now :v
Topic Starter
ImmortalChibi

GoldenWolf wrote:

Shhh, you should sleep now :v
But I.... ^(o.ov)..... /(-.-/)
Winshley
I'm sorry, but I had no choice but to lock this request thread as this is going totally off-topic. PM me with a good reason why you would need this thread reopened.

To be honest though, I think this idea is completely unnecessary. After all, HP drain is part of the game anyway. If you can't handle the HP drain, just practice and getting better accuracy to fight the HP drain.
Ephemeral
regarding the OP:

Reasons:
1. Slower songs that I like, or songs with slower sections, prove to be quite difficult when the health return from the beats is not enough to keep you alive despite hitting them all.
2. Often times beatmap makers incorrectly gauge the proper setting for HP Drain, thus making the song impossible or nearly so to complete.
3. A lot of the more common and big name rhythm games do amazingly well, despite not having this additional standard difficulty. So sources show, it would not ruin the game.
1. this is a core element of slower songs with high drain and enforces a high accuracy performance on songs that are otherwise uneventful. issues with drain are usually a failure of the modding/mapping process and would not be ameliorated with a new mod, only hastily patched over.

2. see above

3. correlation != causation - a fundamental assertion of your argument here is that hp drain somehow takes something away from the game simply because it is something other games do not do. osu! is not and will not ever be any other rhythm game apart from some elements drawn from its mechanical inspirations (EBA, ouendan, so forth) and hp drain was a principle element for these games, often dramatically exaggerated over what is considered normal and acceptable in current mapping standards

we will not be considering adding such a feature at this time, partly because one exists that replicates similar intended functionality: nofail.
Wishy
This guy has spent more time crying on this forum about how he can't clear some easy diff because of drain than actually playing the game...

Lol'd@some guy saying this game revolves around HP leech, for all I know it's a completely useless feature for any decent player, unless you are playing HR while you are not good at it or you are playing VERY hard maps then it isn't an issue at all...

And then this guy starts talking about LoL, my god, if you had picked some serious e-sport but you had to choose the joke one.
Topic Starter
ImmortalChibi

Ephemeral wrote:

1. this is a core element of slower songs with high drain and enforces a high accuracy performance on songs that are otherwise uneventful. issues with drain are usually a failure of the modding/mapping process and would not be ameliorated with a new mod, only hastily patched over.

2. see above

3. correlation != causation - a fundamental assertion of your argument here is that hp drain somehow takes something away from the game simply because it is something other games do not do. osu! is not and will not ever be any other rhythm game apart from some elements drawn from its mechanical inspirations (EBA, ouendan, so forth) and hp drain was a principle element for these games, often dramatically exaggerated over what is considered normal and acceptable in current mapping standards

we will not be considering adding such a feature at this time, partly because one exists that replicates similar intended functionality: nofail.
Okay, let's address these.

1. So you're very clearly stating that this is an elitist game, and you either get good or get out?

2. Modding/mapping errors like HP Drain can be fixed with this mod. Instead of patching every song's HP Drain, you would simply help people play fun maps until the HP Drain idealistically doesn't matter anyway (while not making them fail 100 times beforehand). What happens is the creator sets it too high, player can't deal with it, assures himself/herself they can do it by using a simple mod that retains the risk of failure, moves on to regular song once they've practiced enough. It's quite the same mod as SpunOut when you really think about it.
I mean, why is SpunOut there when you can just tell people to do it in NoFail until they're good at the game?

3. That was never what I was trying to say. I'm saying this and only this: HP Drain makes it hard.
In any game ever that has ever had even a slight mission where your health was constantly dropping do to some outside effect you couldn't control was upsetting to me. The difference between Osu! and those games is that they had one or two "songs" with drain. Osu! is apparently based around this entire idea and without HP Drain, Osu! would not exist.
And my comparison to other games is ONLY to show that Osu! could take away the HP Drain via mod and it would still work completely fine. And failing a song that didn't have drain would feel better to me because I would no, beyond a doubt, that I failed do to myself and only myself not being able to hit the beats.

Wishy wrote:

This guy has spent more time crying on this forum about how he can't clear some easy diff because of drain than actually playing the game...

Lol'd@some guy saying this game revolves around HP leech, for all I know it's a completely useless feature for any decent player, unless you are playing HR while you are not good at it or you are playing VERY hard maps then it isn't an issue at all...

And then this guy starts talking about LoL, my god, if you had picked some serious e-sport but you had to choose the joke one.
There were no tears.
Define decent. If decent is pro-level, you have extremely high standards. Apparently the devs have the same, "Get good or stop playing our game, noob" mentality you do.
League of Legends is a fantastic game. I mean, why else would be this huge with millions of dollars in cash prizes for international tournaments? Last I heard was Street Fighter, MvC, CoD, WoW, and basically any other e-sport never did anything that huge. Starcraft is the closest one, I think.
boat
There's nothing elitist about it, there are plenty of maps on which the drain wont be an issue at all and there are solutions for those on which it is. This is marked invalid, it's not going to happen because you're one of the few who are butthurt about it. Don't take my words as the voice of the community, but from me personally, either play easier maps/stop sucking ass, use the alternatives provided or get lost.

This is the mechanic of the game, maps should be changed according to it rather than the engine according to them.

HP drain may make things harder, but there'd be little point to playing if everything was handed to you on a silver plate. People enjoy the challenge, half the fun is improving and being able to pass what's challenging. This is a completely useless feature as it can already be replicated in multiple ways.
Topic Starter
ImmortalChibi

boat wrote:

There's nothing elitist about it, there are plenty of maps on which the drain wont be an issue at all and there are solutions for those on which it is. This is marked invalid, it's not going to happen because you're one of the few who are butthurt about it. Don't take my words as the voice of the community, but from me personally, either play easier maps/stop sucking ass, use the alternatives provided or get lost.

This is the mechanic of the game, maps should be changed according to it rather than the engine according to them.

HP drain may make things harder, but there'd be little point to playing if everything was handed to you on a silver plate. People enjoy the challenge, half the fun is improving and being able to pass what's challenging.

This game, from the majority of replies to this topic, is EXTREMELY elitist. Surprised there isn't an "Elitist Jerks" website/forum for this game. I'm being genuine.
The debate could not be more over. At this point I'm simply defending my ideals while accepting they won't be implemented into the game.
jesse1412

ImmortalChibi wrote:

boat wrote:

HP drain may make things harder, but there'd be little point to playing if everything was handed to you on a silver plate. People enjoy the challenge, half the fun is improving and being able to pass what's challenging.

This game, from the majority of replies to this topic, is EXTREMELY elitist. Surprised there isn't an "Elitist Jerks" website/forum for this game. I'm being genuine.
The debate could not be more over. At this point I'm simply defending my ideals while accepting they won't be implemented into the game.
It's kind of true, we're very elitist really. If you're gonna suck, suck in silence, most players tend not to care about you unless they're mappers making normal diffs for 12bpm songs. This game is pretty easy really, most games you have to think about what you're doing and the consequences of actions; in osu! you simply click the circles, doesn't get much simpler than that my friend.

Alternatively I can be a very nice person and make you a simple little custom skin that removes the HP bar, then you can happily play with nofail without a care in the world.

Here you go.

Place the folder inside your skins directory and select it in game, C:\Program Files (x86)\osu!\Skins

Sorry for being an elitist asshole.
TheVileOne
I don't think you're being fair. You're acting like newbies can't play this game unless this feature is implemented. Most people can play this game with No fail. I don't think realizing when you fail and playing the game are the same thing as you're trying to imply. No fail and the unranked mods are focused towards the newbies. I don't think it is elitist to ensure competitive score submission when adding a handicap to the game. It isn't that hard, it just takes some amount of practice.
Natsu
Im wonder why no body lock this topic? xD
TheVileOne
It would probably be in bad taste if this was locked. The OP's arguments are valid. The premise is just too different than what everyone is used to and what management wants.
Topic Starter
ImmortalChibi
The topic actually was locked. I think the strong seagull guy unlocked it though so he could get his word in. He just probably forgot to lock it again.
I wish it were locked. It's dead. Ha ha.

Oh and it was renamed "invalid"
peppy
For what it's worth, I removed HP drain from osu!stream, and I would still consider doing it in osu! were it not to cause issues with all previous records/maps.
Topic Starter
ImmortalChibi

peppy wrote:

For what it's worth, I removed HP drain from osu!stream, and I would still consider doing it in osu! were it not to cause issues with all previous records/maps.
Oh, I didn't realize it could cause problems with older maps. My programming knowledge is minimal and I thought it would just turn to empty code.
Thanks for your reply though. :)
show more