forum

New Mod: Remove Passive/Constant HP Drain (Ranked/Unranked)? [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +8
show more
BlackStat
Alright way too much going on in this thread

Why is there suddenly gay marriage and bombs blowing up in Shanghai?

and-

ImmortalChibi wrote:

3. Pics or it didn't happen?
you should leave.

I'm going to sum of the main reasons as to why Hp Drain is never ever going to be messed with

1.It is the core game mechanic
2.It is how you lose

You take Hp Drain, this game will no longer be Osu!
Raging Bull
I feel like you have tunnel vision
alxnr
I know, but if you're playing for ranked score, every osu!'s element should present.

Since you didn't state whether the mod you request would be unranked/ranked, I assumed it's ranked.
Topic Starter
ImmortalChibi

koromo wrote:

No one is good from the start. Most people just deal with it and struggle their way up, or quit along the way. I've never seen anyone complaining about the HP drain this much before, and I've never met anyone who thinks of it as this much of an issue. Just play stuff on your level and move up from there, you have barely played the game; how about playing a bit more? Come back in a few months of actively playing and see if the HP drain is still an issue for you.

As for the community never expanding and such, you're just overreacting.

No support as I don't see much of a point for this.
Yes, I can be a tad impatient. I don't want to badmouth the game or quit. But I don't want to have to struggle through two-thousand failures before I am able to pass a song either. What I am suggesting is a SIMPLE fix that you can choose to use or not to use. It harms nobody.

I wasn't saying this is how Osu! is. I was saying that's how Osu! shouldn't be in response to GW's "Get better or get out" moral code.

BlackStat wrote:

I wouldn't feel comfortable putting a vid of me playing Osu! on youtube just to justify this, I can literally take a sip of my drink in the middle of playing an easy/hard map and not have a problem with drain. I can vouch for GW.
That's you. I'm much more open about it. It's not like one of the 7 seven people watching is going to find me on the street and... do... I don't know. Something.

BlackStat wrote:

Removing Hp Drain actually would. Osu! has always had Hp Drain and always will. It's the core mechanic of the game and can not be touched. Osu! Isn't Guitar Hero, or DDR, or Rock Band, or any other rhythm game.
Also if you like hard songs, you have to be willing to lose repeatedly if you can't get a combo going. If you can't keep getting notes right, then the Hp Drain will kill you, yeah, that's just how the game is.
If this game literally revolves around HP Drain, it's got problems. It can change the drain. I do not understand how dropping the drain would suddenly make the game slip into the bowels of hell.
If you missed one beat every three beats, you have hit 75% of the beats and thus is a passing grade. Osu! completely shoots this down by making each one of those beats like missing three in a row instantly, therefore you lose when you've still landed a majority of the beats given.

I saw your most recent post that isn't included here. It's addressed in this reply.

alxnr wrote:

I know, but if you're playing for ranked score, every osu!'s element should present.

Since you didn't state whether the mod you request would be unranked/ranked, I assumed it's ranked.
I can see how you'd think that. My counter argument is that I said to compare it to Spunout, a mod that does a section FOR you. It will complete it and give you additional points often times. HP Drain would simply only make your life easier, so HP Drain actually is a lesser handicap. If Spunout is unranked, this mod should justly be unranked as well. But if you can have a part of your song done without you even needing to touch the wheel and still be ranked, why the hell should the health bar be unranked?
Topic Starter
ImmortalChibi

Raging Bull wrote:

I feel like you have tunnel vision
I have glasses that are not kind to peripheral vision... also I'm basically blind.
XPJ38

ImmortalChibi wrote:

And your community will never expand, or expand at a snail's pace.
This isn't what osu! is looking for anyway. osu! has never tried to become a huge community, it is what it is now mainly by word of mouth. If we were that desperate to make osu! the new Stepmania or the new LoL, we would advertise it as much as possible (on Greenlight for example, without considering the copyright issues), but we don't because osu! is fine as it is :D

Anyway, no support from me because I feel like HP drain is an essential and fun part of the game. Spunout is legit because many people have trouble with spinners (and believe it or not, spinners caused health issues to some people, me included –tendonitis), but yeah this is the first time I hear a complain for this.

(btw I apologize for this useless post of mine in the previous thread, I realized way too late that you were talking about HP drain and not the HP bar)
BlackStat
To sum it up-

ImmortalChibi needs to get better at the game and realize how Osu! works first before whining about how hard it is.
Hp Drain should be left untouched
I need to grow a third arm
and ImmortalChibi is blind

I'm gonna go now and have fun playing Osu!
Topic Starter
ImmortalChibi

XPJ38 wrote:

This isn't what osu! is looking for anyway. osu! has never tried to become a huge community, it is what it is now mainly by word of mouth. If we were that desperate to make osu! the new Stepmania or the new LoL, we would advertise it as much as possible (on Greenlight for example, without considering the copyright issues), but we don't because osu! is fine as it is :D

Anyway, no support from me because I feel like HP drain is an essential and fun part of the game. Spunout is legit because many people have trouble with spinners (and believe it or not, spinners caused health issues to some people, me included –tendonitis), but yeah this is the first time I hear a complain for this.

(btw I apologize for this useless post of mine in the previous thread, I realized way too late that you were talking about HP drain and not the HP bar)
Just because you're not looking for a huge community does not mean you need to inhibit your growth. If you were trying to keep a small community, I'm pretty sure it would be way harder to make an account and download the game.
I said it like that to hopefully make sure you know I don't think you're want a small community, but instead I think you're just trying to let it naturally grow. I'm just hoping to help that grow a teeny bit.

Ha. I don't understand. "Spunout is legit because many people have trouble with spinners" as if nobody has trouble with the HP Drain. I do, and just because I'm one of the few that speaks out about it does not make me the only one. As other users said, there HAVE been other complaints about this issue. I don't know what they said and I only want to use them to show I'm not the only one that has issues with drain. Their reasons are their own.

Ha ha ha, don't worry about it. I was confused at first, but I think I figured it out and tried to help you understand. :P
GoldenWolf

ImmortalChibi wrote:

1. I am playing hard at 100 playcount. I can pass some of them, albeit with C's and D's. The ones I cannot pass are the ones that harbor this issue I'm trying to get resolved now.
2. Practice is good an necessary, yes. Buuuut the best way to translate this into what I mean is: Imagine I put you in a room with a live, ticking bomb and told you to defuse it. You have no background training in anywhere near this field. Just you and a complex piece of equipment. You're MOST likely to trip the wrong wire and detonate yourself to all Shanghai. This metaphor works because you can only practice the song a little bit at a time before failing again. And at some point it ceases to become practice, and turns into remember the notes (which does not help in other songs).
A small community is not great for a game. A small community means: less active players, less feedback, less revenue, and bad publicity.
3. Pics or it didn't happen? I mean, you're the one claiming skill, so cough up the proof or stop barking. Even IF YOU COULD, there's no way you could do it on an insane song you've never played before. AKA: You just remember the notes in a song from playing it so much, you can hit the right note while not looking at the screen.
And I don't know how using a tablet would work. I bet it's much easier than a mouse.
1. It just mean you don't have the level to play them.

2. This metaphor doesn't work because you won't die failing a song into a game.

3. Read BlackStat's post and their first reply to you. Also I can easily play any Insane you would give me without failing them at first, and maybe FCing first try, because I have a skill called: sightreading. But of course you can't know it exists because you have no experience from the game. And yes I could do that if the Insane isn't too hard (I have my limits too, I can't sneeze and play Freedom Dive at the same time).

>You don't know how it would work, yet you're betting it's easier.
That's making bad assumptions, and you'll probably (hell, even surely) look very stupid for saying so.
But I'll still answer you just because I'm that nice; No, a tablet is not any easier than a (good) mouse. Some patterns are even easier with mouse than tablet. It's just easier to find the right setting with tablet and also has that feature called Absolute Tracking that only a very few mices can reproduce (from what I've understood).

I read this in an exaggerated fashion like this: "I just installed osu! a few seconds ago and I can't pass Insanes. What the Hell? The game mechanics are broken. Must change."

You're failing to understand that you're totally new and noob to this game, that you have no idea about what you're talking about (changing mechanic gameplay) and also fail to understand that there is absolutely no need for this feature.

But I'm just too nice and I'll tell the most plausible way of the future of this feature; a lot of people will disagree with your idea, only a very few, even maybe no one will agree with your idea, and it'll just end up denied.

The only (smart) thing you could do right now, is just to play the game, get at least 10k playcount, come back in 10 months (1k per month isn't too much, right?) and then thinking about your idea. You'll most probably realized how stupid and how unnecessary it is.

But you'll probably just replying again without trying to understand what I'm telling you. With some bad arguments, of course.

And just because I'm so nice, I'll keep replying until you finally understand what I'm trying to tell you. (Only if you don't bring the same arguments back, of course.)

And no tl;dr, because I'm not THAT nice.
alxnr
FYI, SpunOut was unranked. But it was made ranked to prevent people from "practicing" maps without increasing their playcount.

I didn't say it should be unranked. >.>
Okay, you're right about the spinners with SpunOut mod, but the HP bar... well, perhaps it's weird to me because it's new.

You should explicitly state whether it's ranked or not, and if possible, propose the number of score modifier.
Topic Starter
ImmortalChibi

BlackStat wrote:

To sum it up-

ImmortalChibi needs to get better at the game and realize how Osu! works first before whining about how hard it is.
Hp Drain should be left untouched
I need to grow a third arm
and ImmortalChibi is blind

I'm gonna go now and have fun playing Osu!
Ha ha ha. I guess, if that's how you perceive it.
I never said HP Drain should be changed in any way across the whole game in all situations. I said there should be an option, dependent on the player, to turn it off for their songs just to make it a tad easier. If you're not for making songs easier for the player, why do you even have those easy mode mods then?

The last two are pretty damn spot on, though.

GoldenWolf wrote:

1. It just mean you don't have the level to play them.

2. This metaphor doesn't work because you won't die failing a song into a game.

3. Read BlackStat's post and their first reply to you. Also I can easily play any Insane you would give me without failing them at first, and maybe FCing first try, because I have a skill called: sightreading. But of course you can't know it exists because you have no experience from the game. And yes I could do that if the Insane isn't too hard (I have my limits too, I can't sneeze and play Freedom Dive at the same time).

>You don't know how it would work, yet you're betting it's easier.
That's making bad assumptions, and you'll probably (hell, even surely) look very stupid for saying so.
But I'll still answer you just because I'm that nice; No, a tablet is not any easier than a (good) mouse. Some patterns are even easier with mouse than tablet. It's just easier to find the right setting with tablet and also has that feature called Absolute Tracking that only a very few mices can reproduce (from what I've understood).

I read this in an exaggerated fashion like this: "I just installed osu! a few seconds ago and I can't pass Insanes. What the Hell? The game mechanics are broken. Must change."

You're failing to understand that you're totally new and noob to this game, that you have no idea about what you're talking about (changing mechanic gameplay) and also fail to understand that there is absolutely no need for this feature.

But I'm just too nice and I'll tell the most plausible way of the future of this feature; a lot of people will disagree with your idea, only a very few, even maybe no one will agree with your idea, and it'll just end up denied.

The only (smart) thing you could do right now, is just to play the game, get at least 10k playcount, come back in 10 months (1k per month isn't too much, right?) and then thinking about your idea. You'll most probably realized how stupid and how unnecessary it is.

But you'll probably just replying again without trying to understand what I'm telling you. With some bad arguments, of course.

And just because I'm so nice, I'll keep replying until you finally understand what I'm trying to tell you. (Only if you don't bring the same arguments back, of course.)

And no tl;dr, because I'm not THAT nice.
1. Right, I don't currently have the skill. How could I with such little game time? I'm not claiming to be insta-pro and this game is flawed. It's a small suggestion that I think could be very beneficial and not hurt anybody at all. I mean, if somebody is really upset that someone is playing a song without HP Drain, then they're one hella-egotistical bastard that probably looks down on everyone for using any of the easy mode mods.

2. I used a bomb because you do die... in the song. And I mean, it's very difficult to progress through a part if you only get a split second chance to try it out. If you couldn't tell, I was hesitant to use the metaphor and I also said, "the best way" that I could think of. It's very hard to come up with this situation in real life.

3. I did read that. And yes, I'm sure you're fantastic at Osu!. I applaud you for your skill, indeed. The trouble with most pros though, is that they fail recognize that not everyone has your skill and perhaps they don't even want it. What if someone just wants to do this game for fun? I mean, it's free and has a lot of nifty things in it. The difficulty of an HP Drain however, can get very frustrating and make a song unnecessarily hard.

>I said I don't know. I said I'd bet. It's a gamble. I accept that I very well could be wrong in this. I'd expect someone to be kind enough to just say, "Well actually...." Instead of, "You're a fucking gerbil with downs if you're guessing that about something which you have no knowledge of. Go kill yourself and never come back!"

5. I exaggerate a lot to try and make the mood comical. It is VERY likely someone can misinterpret this and take insult to it. This is not my intention. This was also a gamble. And, as you can tell, I've tried to handle myself very civilized with whatever somebody was saying and try to accurately put forth my ideals.

6. I don't fail to realize that I'm still fresh to the game. I'm basically going off of first impressions at this point. However, I'd like to ask if you've ever played League of Legends? It's a lot of point and click, high velocity game play. Knowing where and when to click can translate smoothly into Osu!. So I give myself SOME, albeit little, credit for this.
Topic Starter
ImmortalChibi

alxnr wrote:

FYI, SpunOut was unranked. But it was made ranked to prevent people from "practicing" maps without increasing their playcount.

I didn't say it should be unranked. >.>
Okay, you're right about the spinners with SpunOut mod, but the HP bar... well, perhaps it's weird to me because it's new.

You should explicitly state whether it's ranked or not, and if possible, propose the number of score modifier.
Unranked also keeps your play count from rising? I can see why they'd change SpunOut then. I think the HP Drain may have a little less reason to be ranked, because it blatantly makes you more survivable. SpunOut most of the time just keeps you at the same health.

I can edit the first post to fix that. I supposed I'll say unranked.
XPJ38

ImmortalChibi wrote:

Ha. I don't understand. "Spunout is legit because many people have trouble with spinners" as if nobody has trouble with the HP Drain. I do, and just because I'm one of the few that speaks out about it does not make me the only one. As other users said, there HAVE been other complaints about this issue. I don't know what they said and I only want to use them to show I'm not the only one that has issues with drain. Their reasons are their own.
Understand that it isn't possible to create a mod for every single problem. Sure there are some people having problems with HP Drain but afaik their number isn't big. Sometimes, it is better to leave some users or functionalities behind to avoid the game being cluttered by non-essential mods, if you know what I mean. Especially with the main creator of the game, peppy, who hates non-essential toggles and options.

About Spunout: this mod has been created at the very beginning of osu! history because spinners in the Nintendo DS games were incredibly hard and exhausting. In osu!, spinners are less exhausting but can still cause issues to some people, whether they are newbies or hardcore old players. This is where Spunout is useful.
The HP drain could indeed be a problem for newbies like you but –and I state that by experience– it vanishes over time and practice, until a point where you don't care about it anymore and the only issues you could have with it are with badly-mapped maps. I can even go further and say that HP drain is somewhat a limit for newcomers to actually force them to become accurate and enjoy the game later.

You see, osu! is the kind of game where the more you play, the more you like it and find it challenging. You almost never really like from the start but only after you gained some skills and start passing/FCing Hard/Insane maps, and I am pretty sure that any mod won't change this. So let's not clutter the game and let's enjoy it as it is :P
DakeDekaane
How about using NF and imagine the HP is always full, never drains. Not supporting.

osu! community grew, grows, and will keep growing because there's nothing wrong with having a passive HP drain, as many said, it's one of the core elements of the game, there's no point in your complains.
Marcin
Actually making this mode unranked, would allow people to practice things, without having to worry about score/accuracy/playcount. This mod won't change A THING in actual gameplay, so it would be used the same way as spunout was, rather than helping with problem, it'll be used by pro's to practice maps. AND THAT'S what are we trying to avoid
Topic Starter
ImmortalChibi

XPJ38 wrote:

Understand that it isn't possible to create a mod for every single problem. Sure there are some people having problems with HP Drain but afaik their number isn't big. Sometimes, it is better to leave some users or functionalities behind to avoid the game being cluttered by non-essential mods, if you know what I mean. Especially with the main creator of the game, peppy, who hates non-essential toggles and options.

About Spunout: this mod has been created at the very beginning of osu! history because spinners in the Nintendo DS games were incredibly hard and exhausting. In osu!, spinners are less exhausting but can still cause issues to some people, whether they are newbies or hardcore old players. This is where Spunout is useful.
The HP drain could indeed be a problem for newbies like you but –and I say that by experience– it vanishes over time and practice, until a point where you don't care about it anymore and the only issues you could have with it are with badly-mapped maps. I can even go further and say that HP drain is somewhat a limit for newcomers to actually force them to become accurate and enjoy the game later.

You see, osu! is the kind of game where the more you play, the more you like it and find it challenging. You almost never really like from the start but only after you gained some skills and start passing/FCing Hard/Insane maps, and I am pretty sure that any mod won't change this. So let's not clutter the game and let's enjoy it as it is :P
See, that concept about limited mods doesn't usually occur to me because I come from more games where the modifiers are only limited by how much memory you have on your computer. And some of the other mods are arguably non-essential as well. I mean, is there a difference between the Easy mod and Half-Time? Is it more than just Easy IS Half-Time plus like one other thing?

I use SpunOut a lot because I'm left handed, so whirling my right hand around a lot kinda feels funky. That's just my issue and why I like SpunOut.
I said in the last thread, and I'll say it, perhaps I'm really bad at choosing maps. I know about three on my list now that are poorly mapped and this is where the posts are stemming from. I don't have a million songs, it's almost more like a playlist since I play the game partly to hear the songs I like.

I suppose we can leave it at that. All these posts and replies aren't me screaming at anyone for this mod not existing. It was me suggesting something, and then defending the suggestion and backing it up. If nobody replied, I probably wouldn't repost the next day or ever even. Nobody cared. It's a dead issue. Ha ha.
jemhuntr
Lol posting on this topic again without reading other replies. (argh damn, I have to reload the page every single time. Tons of replies were already posted and I'm still working on a single one)

ImmortalChibi wrote:

Reasons:
1. Slower songs that I like, or songs with slower sections, prove to be quite difficult when the health return from the beats is not enough to keep you alive despite hitting them all.
2. Often times beatmap makers incorrectly gauge the proper setting for HP Drain, thus making the song impossible or nearly so to complete.
3. A lot of the more common and big name rhythm games do amazingly well, despite not having this additional standard difficulty. So sources show, it would not ruin the game.
1. Such maps wouldn't be ranked. If you hit all notes properly, there's no way you'd fail. Can you give some examples?
2. osu! editor automatically inserts breaks in between long gaps (unless you edit the .osu file manually), so there's no way you'd probably fail on a gap with full health and you're not missing any notes.
3. I don't think it's a good idea to compare osu! with big name rhythm games. But you're right, it wouldn't ruin the game. It would in fact make the game easier. But don't you think an easy game gets extinct more easily? HP drain gives the user excitement and stress especially when your screen starts going red, so if we remove this, osu!, I think, would be a lot more boring.

ImmortalChibi wrote:

1. Yeah, it could be just me upset at a couple of songs. Does it make this idea any less valid for the greater community that may face the same thing? No.
2. I'm the first person YOU'VE SEEN. If you really followed the other thread, you would take note of people saying this is a recurring idea.
3. We never know what will change unless we try it.
4. Those "some maps" I happen to really enjoy the song on and it's not like there are ample beatmaps with the same songs and I'll find the perfect one. The selection is limited.
1. I don't think there will be a 'greater community' that will face the same thing.
2. But you are the first person to argue about it this much. I'm pretty sure everyone else who used to be bad with hp drain are now good with osu! and can already play normally like everyone else.
3. That is not how game development always works. You have to think of every detail and outcome whenever you're implementing a feature. If you really really want to try it, go download the osu! clone source (it's somewhere in general development, I think) and code it the way you want.
4. Most people might say 'go map one yourself, then'. Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do if your favorite song doesn't have a good osu! beatmap.

ImmortalChibi wrote:

1. I am playing hard at 100 playcount. I can pass some of them, albeit with C's and D's. The ones I cannot pass are the ones that harbor this issue I'm trying to get resolved now.
2. Practice is good an necessary, yes. Buuuut the best way to translate this into what I mean is: Imagine I put you in a room with a live, ticking bomb and told you to defuse it. You have no background training in anywhere near this field. Just you and a complex piece of equipment. You're MOST likely to trip the wrong wire and detonate yourself to all Shanghai. This metaphor works because you can only practice the song a little bit at a time before failing again. And at some point it ceases to become practice, and turns into remember the notes (which does not help in other songs).
A small community is not great for a game. A small community means: less active players, less feedback, less revenue, and bad publicity.
3. Pics or it didn't happen? I mean, you're the one claiming skill, so cough up the proof or stop barking. Even IF YOU COULD, there's no way you could do it on an insane song you've never played before. AKA: You just remember the notes in a song from playing it so much, you can hit the right note while not looking at the screen.
And I don't know how using a tablet would work. I bet it's much easier than a mouse.
1. You're supposed to go from easy -> normal -> hard -> insane. No normal human can S an insane map but can't even finish a normal map.
2. As long as you improve on any map, it's considered practice. So most probably, if you managed to FC a certain insane map, you'll probably be able to finish another insane map by the same mapper. Practice means getting used to various hitcircle patterns. If you managed to memorize the map, that means that everytime you see any hitcircle pattern similar to that, you should be able to execute it through muscle memory. That's why people tend to have favorite mappers.
The situation you've provided is too far from what we're talking about here. A better situation might be putting someone in a room with a lot of untimed bombs -- all with different complexities -- and make him diffuse all the bombs he can. Well, my point is, practicing osu! doesn't have a time limit. You don't have to force yourself to finish a hard map. You have to keep playing what you think is challenging, but still is passable. That way, you will improve.
About the community, I don't think anybody cares if people join osu! or not. How good a game is couldn't be measured according to the community's population. A small community actually gives you more active and loyal players. Yes, you get less feedback, but these few feedbacks are most likely good feedbacks. Large communities tend to have tons of trolls and assholes, which I think makes the game community dirty. osu! doesn't need publicity. Actually, if osu! gets too popular, and more people start playing it, I actually think that the authorities will start limiting the game features due to copyright infringements. That's why cops would go looking for the creators of piratebay but not pay attention to small scale pirating sites.
3. You don't have to take everything literally. Figures of speech are used in order to add content, depth, and interest to people's words. You're not getting the point, I mean. (I'm sorry if I don't get your point either, I just don't know where you get all this motivation to argue about this minor matter)

ImmortalChibi wrote:

If this game literally revolves around HP Drain, it's got problems. It can change the drain. I do not understand how dropping the drain would suddenly make the game slip into the bowels of hell.
If you missed one beat every three beats, you have hit 75% of the beats and thus is a passing grade. Osu! completely shoots this down by making each one of those beats like missing three in a row instantly, therefore you lose when you've still landed a majority of the beats given.
I have to say that you've got a point here. In fact you made me think about it for a while. Although unfortunately, it wouldn't be wise to switch to not using hp drain anymore. In a game, there are some features that you have to decide on which to implement, since you can't implement both. Adding this feature as a mod will be totally unnecessary since most players will never touch it since they could play totally fine with HP Drain, so there's no reason to use it as it will only reduce your score. This makes this mod totally unnecessary.

That's what I think. I haven't proofread everything I wrote, since I really hate reading blocks of text. I didn't even know I already typed this much haha

Edit: holy crap I think 15 replies ninja'd me
Topic Starter
ImmortalChibi

DakeDekaane wrote:

How about using NF and imagine the HP is always full, never drains. Not supporting.

osu! community grew, grows, and will keep growing because there's nothing wrong with having a passive HP drain, as many said, it's one of the core elements of the game, there's no point in your complains.
I've said numerous times why NoFail is insufficient. PLEASE, for the love of anything you love, read any one of those posts.
Because a game is gaining popularity does not mean it's perfect. Name a SINGLE hit game (outside of Osu!, if you think it's perfect) where people did not have anything negative to say. I mean literally 10/10 across the board. If it had a review, baby that thing was perfect.

Marcin wrote:

Actually making this mode unranked, would allow people to practice things, without having to worry about score/accuracy/playcount. This mod won't change A THING in actual gameplay, so it would be used the same way as spunout was, rather than helping with problem, it'll be used by pro's to practice maps. AND THAT'S what are we trying to avoid
Okay, so then rank it. That problem solved.
"Oh, but you said in UH earlier post thaaat you said it wasn't good ranked because it gives you more surviva...surv... LIFES." Yeah, I said it. And honestly, I only said it because I felt like it would create an retard rage like the world never saw before. ACTUALLY, the SpunOut mod picks up your health, barely reduces your score, and gives you an easier jump to the next segment of a song. It's using a bot to CHEAT. That mod is LITERALLY cheating and you let it rank. That... is... awesome.
alxnr
Yes, you can check this by viewing any user's profile, then find "Play Count" and hover the cursor on it.

Also, the HP drain system (specifically the passive one) isn't broken. It's just the way osu! is (Many ppl have pointed this out already).
What you're asking is a mod, yes? Then perhaps "New Mod: Remove Passive/Constant HP Drain (Ranked/Unranked)" is a better title for your request.

XPJ38 wrote:

Understand that it isn't possible to create a mod for every single problem.
Just like XPJ said, we can't request every mod to make game easier just because we have a hard time clearing certain maps.
Example: Some people have difficulty at streams, so remove it? Some people have difficulty at sliders, so remove it too? It can go on forever.

Also, if it's unranked, then it'll be exploited as well since it doesn't change hitobjects' state in maps.
XPJ38

ImmortalChibi wrote:

And some of the other mods are arguably non-essential as well. I mean, is there a difference between the Easy mod and Half-Time? Is it more than just Easy IS Half-Time plus like one other thing?
No. Half-time is, as its name suggests, the song played with half of its speed, while Easy is the song played at its normal speed but with huge hit circles and low approch rate. Easy is regularly discussed because it tends to increase the difficulty instead of lowering it but it's been here for so long it is impossible to remove it now. Plus, some people have made this mod their area of expertise (hi MillhioreF).
jemhuntr

ImmortalChibi wrote:

I've said numerous times why NoFail is insufficient. PLEASE, for the love of anything you love, read any one of those posts.
Because a game is gaining popularity does not mean it's perfect. Name a SINGLE hit game (outside of Osu!, if you think it's perfect) where people did not have anything negative to say. I mean literally 10/10 across the board. If it had a review, baby that thing was perfect.

ImmortalChibi wrote:

Okay, so then rank it. That problem solved.
"Oh, but you said in UH earlier post thaaat you said it wasn't good ranked because it gives you more surviva...surv... LIFES." Yeah, I said it. And honestly, I only said it because I felt like it would create an retard rage like the world never saw before. ACTUALLY, the SpunOut mod picks up your health, barely reduces your score, and gives you an easier jump to the next segment of a song. It's using a bot to CHEAT. That mod is LITERALLY cheating and you let it rank. That... is... awesome.
1. I still don't get how NoFail wouldn't solve your problem. Skin out the lifebar so you don't see your life draining out. The motivation you're talking about is pretty much just nonsense.
2. Don't talk about the game's popularity. It has nothing to do with this.
3. There is no such thing as a perfect game. A game might be perfect for a certain person, but no game could please every single person.
4. I agree that mod multipliers in osu! are flawed. But I don't think you could consider them as a cheat.
5. I don't even know why I'm still replying.
DakeDekaane
You really need to rewrite the title of the topic. It's too misleading.

ImmortalChibi wrote:

3. NoFail is NOT a fix to this issue of HP Drain. Passively falling HP is still present in NoFail. Also, NoFail provides NO motivation for hitting any of the keys.
I'm sorry to say it but that's very subjective.

Let me get it right, do you want a mod that negates the HP drain? or a mod that makes it more forgiving?

Edit: just noticed you changed the title, and yes, it's the same as No Fail.
alxnr
lol, you really copied my title suggestion xD
i suggested "new mod...... ranked/unranked" because i wasn't sure of any of them. u should just choose one :p
Raging Bull
I think you know what I meant by tunnel vision, but in case you didn't...I'm saying how we are all providing good points, but yet the only thing you are providing are "other games are doing it/I can't do it so I'll change it"

Really the only thing we can always say is practice. If you really don't like the game, go to one of the games you reference.

If you knew what I meant by tunnel vision then practice or play different game.
_koinuri
I really don't understand why you would want to remove a core part of a game this badly (even if it's just a mod). If you have time to make these thread and replies, why not practice osu! so you can handle those drains? With the time you spent on these 2 threads, you could have probably gained another 100 playcounts and your problem might have been solved throughout those plays.

I remember I couldn't beat Insane due to HP drains in my early plays; I just stepped down and played Hard until I had enough skill to move to the next level. You only have this issue temporarily, and a whole new mod is not necessary to prevent it. The drain is part of the design of the map and if you fail because of it, then you didn't have enough skill to beat it. No "I know I can beat this map if the drain wasn't there!" excuse.

The maps which you may be referring to (with the couple of misses making you fail) is most likely the outdated ones when the beatmap ranking system was different. The recent maps do have forgiving HP drain and you can sneeze or scratch your nose in between and still survive.

If you don't want to fail, then use No Fail. You seem to not want to use this mod, but what's the difference between this and your mod if both mod's purpose is to let user survive a map they cannot beat? If you don't get motivation through No Fail, I doubt you get motivation from yours; it's removing the hardest part of survival.

Sorry if anything looks out of order and confusing, I write things weird. :(
Topic Starter
ImmortalChibi

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

Lol posting on this topic again without reading other replies. (argh damn, I have to reload the page every single time. Tons of replies were already posted and I'm still working on a single one)
OOOOOOH MYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOD I know what you mean. Imagine trying to reply to EVERY single person's post. O.o

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

1. Such maps wouldn't be ranked. If you hit all notes properly, there's no way you'd fail. Can you give some examples?
2. osu! editor automatically inserts breaks in between long gaps (unless you edit the .osu file manually), so there's no way you'd probably fail on a gap with full health and you're not missing any notes.
3. I don't think it's a good idea to compare osu! with big name rhythm games. But you're right, it wouldn't ruin the game. It would in fact make the game easier. But don't you think an easy game gets extinct more easily? HP drain gives the user excitement and stress especially when your screen starts going red, so if we remove this, osu!, I think, would be a lot more boring.
1. Sure. I'm almost positive I get them off of the ranked sections. I'm not sure I remember all of them or even if they're the right ones, but here it goes: Levels- Avicii, One More Time- Daft Punk, and Heaven- DJ Sammy.
2. It's not the gap. It's the drain > beat. Sometimes the gap seems a little lengthy, but not lengthy enough for the big check/x screen.
3. I don't think so because it's an extra mod. I mean, is Osu! boring because you can just flip on NoFail and go make yourself a sandwich?

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

1. I don't think there will be a 'greater community' that will face the same thing.
2. But you are the first person to argue about it this much. I'm pretty sure everyone else who used to be bad with hp drain are now good with osu! and can already play normally like everyone else.
3. That is not how game development always works. You have to think of every detail and outcome whenever you're implementing a feature. If you really really want to try it, go download the osu! clone source (it's somewhere in general development, I think) and code it the way you want.
4. Most people might say 'go map one yourself, then'. Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do if your favorite song doesn't have a good osu! beatmap.
1. Meh, I'm not looking for a zombie apocalypse level following here. Like one or two people to sit their and say, "Yeah. This mod could be a thing."
2. Yeah, I'm very tenacious. I wouldn't be if I didn't think it was worth it. The way people fight this is idea is the same logic used to say all the mods that make the game easier are stupid... or they Osu! was built upon the principles of HP Drain and a curse upon the family of the man that changed it.
3. I didn't realize there was a version like that. If the coding isn't ridiculously hard, I'll probably give it a tackle and see about those reviews.
4. Ha ha ha, this is really true. And I have a somewhat "picky" taste in music. >____>

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

1. You're supposed to go from easy -> normal -> hard -> insane. No normal human can S an insane map but can't even finish a normal map.
2. As long as you improve on any map, it's considered practice. So most probably, if you managed to FC a certain insane map, you'll probably be able to finish another insane map by the same mapper. Practice means getting used to various hitcircle patterns. If you managed to memorize the map, that means that everytime you see any hitcircle pattern similar to that, you should be able to execute it through muscle memory. That's why people tend to have favorite mappers.
The situation you've provided is too far from what we're talking about here. A better situation might be putting someone in a room with a lot of untimed bombs -- all with different complexities -- and make him diffuse all the bombs he can. Well, my point is, practicing osu! doesn't have a time limit. You don't have to force yourself to finish a hard map. You have to keep playing what you think is challenging, but still is passable. That way, you will improve.
About the community, I don't think anybody cares if people join osu! or not. How good a game is couldn't be measured according to the community's population. A small community actually gives you more active and loyal players. Yes, you get less feedback, but these few feedbacks are most likely good feedbacks. Large communities tend to have tons of trolls and assholes, which I think makes the game community dirty. osu! doesn't need publicity. Actually, if osu! gets too popular, and more people start playing it, I actually think that the authorities will start limiting the game features due to copyright infringements. That's why cops would go looking for the creators of piratebay but not pay attention to small scale pirating sites.
3. You don't have to take everything literally. Figures of speech are used in order to add content, depth, and interest to people's words. You're not getting the point, I mean. (I'm sorry if I don't get your point either, I just don't know where you get all this motivation to argue about this minor matter)
1. Idk. That's probably true. But like I said, I have an itchy trigger finger. If I wait too long in suspense for the note, I'm just gonna click it way too soon and end up screwing up anyway.
2. This makes sense.
3. My motivation comes from two things: a) I have literally nothing else to do today. b) I REALLY love games and I will straight up throw a bitchfit in my will if I never get to create a game by the time I die. (Figure of speech, but you get the idea that I really want to be a game dev or some part of creating a game).

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

I have to say that you've got a point here. In fact you made me think about it for a while. Although unfortunately, it wouldn't be wise to switch to not using hp drain anymore. In a game, there are some features that you have to decide on which to implement, since you can't implement both. Adding this feature as a mod will be totally unnecessary since most players will never touch it since they could play totally fine with HP Drain, so there's no reason to use it as it will only reduce your score. This makes this mod totally unnecessary.

That's what I think. I haven't proofread everything I wrote, since I really hate reading blocks of text. I didn't even know I already typed this much haha

Edit: holy crap I think 15 replies ninja'd me
It would be a beginner type thing, you know? I mean, the tutorial remains there long after you play it, does that make it unnecessary? No. It was necessary as some point for most people.

alxnr wrote:

Just like XPJ said, we can't request every mod to make game easier just because we have a hard time clearing certain maps.
Example: Some people have difficulty at streams, so remove it? Some people have difficulty at sliders, so remove it too? It can go on forever.

Also, if it's unranked, then it'll be exploited as well since it doesn't change hitobjects' state in maps.
Thanks for the title.
This is true, where does the line stop? The problem is that the sliders and streams you mentioned are components more comparable to the SpunOut mod... which already exists. Peppy has opened this gateway, and it's fine if he wants to shut it now. All he has to do is say no more mod suggestions. The HP Drain is a numbers game which is EXTREMELY hard to balance. In fact, I'm sure it's literally impossible. Therefore keep it the way you have it since there are people that can make it, but what's the harm in taking it out for people who are having trouble with the additional timer ticking down?

XPJ38 wrote:

No. Half-time is, as its name suggests, the song played with half of its speed, while Easy is the song played at its normal speed but with huge hit circles and low approch rate. Easy is regularly discussed because it tends to increase the difficulty instead of lowering it but it's been here for so long it is impossible to remove it now. Plus, some people have made this mod their area of expertise (hi MillhioreF).
Ha ha. I haven't used either mods because the song being too fast wasn't the issue and neither was my button accuracy/timing. I could keep afloat and reach the end, but the HP Drain was too much and the all the buttons I landed in succession afterwards were for naught.

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

1. I still don't get how NoFail wouldn't solve your problem. Skin out the lifebar so you don't see your life draining out. The motivation you're talking about is pretty much just nonsense.
2. Don't talk about the game's popularity. It has nothing to do with this.
3. There is no such thing as a perfect game. A game might be perfect for a certain person, but no game could please every single person.
4. I agree that mod multipliers in osu! are flawed. But I don't think you could consider them as a cheat.
5. I don't even know why I'm still replying.
1. The HP Drain still exists. Playing in a mode where I can't lose is not rewarding at all. In any other mod (aside from the replay one), there is still SOME sense of accomplishment for reaching the end and you have room to know you can improve.
2. The game's popularity actually stemmed from a user's negative attitude, and I was just trying to tell him that he's not helping the game at all.
3. That is my point.
4. Well anything botting is technically a cheat. Having the program complete the spinner for you fits, I'd say.
5. Meh. Nothing better to do! :D

DakeDekaane wrote:

You really need to rewrite the title of the topic. It's too misleading.
I did.

DakeDekaane wrote:

I'm sorry to say it but that's very subjective.

Let me get it right, do you want a mod that negates the HP drain? or a mod that makes it more forgiving?
Um. I guess the mod would be both. Like, you still lose HP for missing a beat, yes. BUT it will not passively drain in between beats. Nor will it drain DURING a slider (something that really does happen).
Raging Bull
Man what maps are you even playing?
deadbeat
can i just say, while i have no idea what's going on, can i say that i think it's funny that this was brought up by someone who hasn't even reached a play count of 500
Topic Starter
ImmortalChibi

alxnr wrote:

lol, you really copied my title suggestion xD
i suggested "new mod...... ranked/unranked" because i wasn't sure of any of them. u should just choose one :p
Meh, let the community decide? :P

Raging Bull wrote:

I think you know what I meant by tunnel vision, but in case you didn't...I'm saying how we are all providing good points, but yet the only thing you are providing are "other games are doing it/I can't do it so I'll change it"

Really the only thing we can always say is practice. If you really don't like the game, go to one of the games you reference.

If you knew what I meant by tunnel vision then practice or play different game.
That's literally not the only thing I've been saying. I very much used them as a reference when the repetitive sentence, "It would destroy the game" comes out. Realistically, it is some of the others that are not making valid points, and I keep readdressing them like a fool.

See, Osu! is free and comes with me on my laptop. Any one of the alternatives would mean having to care for a console, additional disc/equipment too. Osu! is more convenient and has way more song choices. I like the game, I really do. I'm SIMPLY requesting a small mod be put in to negate this ONE inconvenience.

Also, I gave a list of like 3 songs I play earlier. Sorry I'm not gonna retype them. ^_^

Loli -[Koinuri] wrote:

I really don't understand why you would want to remove a core part of a game this badly (even if it's just a mod). If you have time to make these thread and replies, why not practice osu! so you can handle those drains? With the time you spent on these 2 threads, you could have probably gained another 100 playcounts and your problem might have been solved throughout those plays.

I remember I couldn't beat Insane due to HP drains in my early plays; I just stepped down and played Hard until I had enough skill to move to the next level. You only have this issue temporarily, and a whole new mod is not necessary to prevent it. The drain is part of the design of the map and if you fail because of it, then you didn't have enough skill to beat it. No "I know I can beat this map if the drain wasn't there!" excuse.

The maps which you may be referring to (with the couple of misses making you fail) is most likely the outdated ones when the beatmap ranking system was different. The recent maps do have forgiving HP drain and you can sneeze or scratch your nose in between and still survive.

If you don't want to fail, then use No Fail. You seem to not want to use this mod, but what's the difference between this and your mod if both mod's purpose is to let user survive a map they cannot beat? If you don't get motivation through No Fail, I doubt you get motivation from yours; it's removing the hardest part of survival.

Sorry if anything looks out of order and confusing, I write things weird. :(
I took a break from Osu! to post these threads actually. I was getting... unnerved to put it VERY gently.

Right, I'm stuck in a middle ground where normal doesn't pose as much of a challenge and the hardest part is waiting for the right moment to strike a note, yet hard has too many/frequent notes for me to hit every single one of them. However, if I didn't have additional HP Drain, I would make it through, if only barely.

It's possible. I don't know the dates on my maps or anything. I think of few of them have been updated?

The difference is there is still merit to winning if you can still fail. NoFail is literally NO consequences. Me mod makes the game based absolutely 100% on your own skill, that's it. There is no extra weight dragging your HP bar down, there is no supplemental points income, no time slows, etc.

deadbeat wrote:

can i just say, while i have no idea what's going on, can i say that i think it's funny that this was brought up by someone who hasn't even reached a play count of 500
I guess. Ha. You can say whatever you want. :P I suppose it's kind of funny when I'm competing with people who have spent DAYS (cumulative) on this game, and I've been here like 3 hours. But it's a first impressions vs. a "once you get to know him" kinda mentality. Like, first impression is this guy is a douche. Do you REALLY wanna get to know him? Do you trust your friend enough to take his word that this new guy is really cool? XD
Topic Starter
ImmortalChibi
JEEZY CREEZY! I have posted A LOT.
I think I'm done for the... morning?...! O.o

I will end on this note:

My opinion has not swayed. I think this mod would be beneficial, provided there is room in the programming. Ranked/unranked, whatever. Makes literally no difference IF NoFail isn't ranked. If NoFail is ranked, then make HP Drain mod ranked. Easy pie.

Modding HP Drain is just a way to add relaxation to a song. The dropping HP bar makes me nervous and it has directly caused me to fail before. It's not going to ruin the game. People will still enjoy the accomplishments of beating HP Drain, perhaps even me one day. But for now, I'd like a way to ease into a song. Get to know it a bit. Take it out to dinner and find out what it likes. Make sure this relationship is going somewhere.
... I mean what? Take or toss it. The idea is all yours game devs.
Hanyuu

deadbeat wrote:

It does not matter how long someone played. I remember i complained about the constant HP Drain aswell maybe a few months ago and i have been playing this game way too much lol
Topic Starter
ImmortalChibi

Hanyuu wrote:

It does not matter how long someone played. I remember i complained about the constant HP Drain aswell maybe a few months ago and i have been playing this game way too much lol
NOOOOOO! I just posted my last post and yet I MUST reply to this one! T_T

Ha ha, I thank you for agreeing with me on that factor. You may not necessarily think this mod a bright idea, but we share(d) opinions about this at one time. :D
Natsu
+lol just add a blank png in your skin xD
Raging Bull
Manually edit the HP drain to like 3?
Raging Bull
Also, I gave a list of like 3 songs I play earlier. Sorry I'm not gonna retype them. ^_^
Pretty much felt like a troll post at this point. You realize there's like a fuckton of posting in here. Why would I look through it all when there's like almost 0% chance of being it implemented?
BlackStat
Oh wow you guys are still here?

It's quite obvious that the Hp Drain is not going to be touched. The sake of slow parts in a map that will cause you to fail if you miss one beat are there on purpose, it's a well known mapping technique.
deadbeat

Hanyuu wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

never said anything was wrong with it. i just thought it was funny, that's all
Topic Starter
ImmortalChibi
Okay, for REAL last post. This is for you, RagingBull in regards to:

Raging Bull wrote:

Try "When You Leave (NumaNuma) (Nightcore Mix)" by Alina Puscau, the Roddie's Hard (-Bakari-) difficulty. To make it even better, turn on SpunOut, the mod that is supposed to complete the spins for you and no others. Now play through the song, this challenge goes to anyone, and tell me that at no point your HP drops beyond your control to keep it up. Ever. That HP is 100% as long as your are swinging that clicker around.

Now it could be the map, it could be the drain, it could just be me in some way I guess I'm not hitting the buttons hard enough. BUT why run the risk of anything? Why not just a mod that fixes this issue? "Because it's not needed." Well this fucking game is not needed by the world, yet here we are all trying to enjoy it. :)
alxnr
You can add a question mark next to it, then.

Well, I have no further comment about this. If you keep practicing, you won't need this mod for most maps.
Still no support from me, but I'm neutral about this.
jemhuntr

ImmortalChibi wrote:

1. Sure. I'm almost positive I get them off of the ranked sections. I'm not sure I remember all of them or even if they're the right ones, but here it goes: Levels- Avicii, One More Time- Daft Punk, and Heaven- DJ Sammy.
2. It's not the gap. It's the drain > beat. Sometimes the gap seems a little lengthy, but not lengthy enough for the big check/x screen.
3. I don't think so because it's an extra mod. I mean, is Osu! boring because you can just flip on NoFail and go make yourself a sandwich?
1. I played all the difficulties of Levels and I passed. I occassionally miss stuff and got my health to red at some point on insane. That map was designed that way by the mapper. It's the mappers choice whether he wants to drain your HP so badly.
3. Point is, most people use no fail. And here you are, proposing a mod only a few people would use that could be solved with no fail if you didn't have this motivation thingy.

ImmortalChibi wrote:

1. Meh, I'm not looking for a zombie apocalypse level following here. Like one or two people to sit their and say, "Yeah. This mod could be a thing."
2. Yeah, I'm very tenacious. I wouldn't be if I didn't think it was worth it. The way people fight this is idea is the same logic used to say all the mods that make the game easier are stupid... or they Osu! was built upon the principles of HP Drain and a curse upon the family of the man that changed it.
3. I didn't realize there was a version like that. If the coding isn't ridiculously hard, I'll probably give it a tackle and see about those reviews.
4. Ha ha ha, this is really true. And I have a somewhat "picky" taste in music. >____>
1. A mod which will only be used by less than 5% of the community is totally unnecessary.
2. Point is, all mods are being constantly used. Personally, I use all mods except spunout and easy. Also, this mod will only be useful for a small amount of beatmaps. I bet you wouldn't be able to mention a hundred maps that has ridiculously high hp drain rates.
3. Hardest part would be understanding the code.
4. And that's why you limit yourself to songs that you think are 'good', which makes you unaware of how awesome other maps are. There are tons of awesome maps. To be honest, I used to be picky like you. I searched for specific english songs and anime OPs. But I tried downloading and playing all maps by pack starting from pack 281 through the present one. I got used to it, and now osu! made me play visual novels and listen to touhou tracks.

ImmortalChibi wrote:

1. Idk. That's probably true. But like I said, I have an itchy trigger finger. If I wait too long in suspense for the note, I'm just gonna click it way too soon and end up screwing up anyway.
2. This makes sense.
3. My motivation comes from two things: a) I have literally nothing else to do today. b) I REALLY love games and I will straight up throw a bitchfit in my will if I never get to create a game by the time I die. (Figure of speech, but you get the idea that I really want to be a game dev or some part of creating a game).
1. That's where practice comes in.
3. a) HOLY CRAP WE'RE ON THE SAME BOAT MAN b) yeah, I get the point. I also aim to be a game developer. Although it matters to me the most whether a feature is necessary or not, while considering the number of people who will use it, and how the people will react to it. Even if you think a feature is necessary, if more than 80% of the players think it's bad, you shouldn't force it unto them. This is where peppy's statement enters: 'Just create your own game.', or something like that. IMHO there's no point arguing about this but since we're both bored let's just keep at it and hopefully we'll settle at some point :bd

ImmortalChibi wrote:

It would be a beginner type thing, you know? I mean, the tutorial remains there long after you play it, does that make it unnecessary? No. It was necessary as some point for most people.
The tutorial remains there because most users need it. It's easily disposable if you're really irritated about it. I don't think most users need to halt hp drain since they could just play tons of easier maps.

ImmortalChibi wrote:

1. The HP Drain still exists. Playing in a mode where I can't lose is not rewarding at all. In any other mod (aside from the replay one), there is still SOME sense of accomplishment for reaching the end and you have room to know you can improve.
2. The game's popularity actually stemmed from a user's negative attitude, and I was just trying to tell him that he's not helping the game at all.
3. That is my point.
4. Well anything botting is technically a cheat. Having the program complete the spinner for you fits, I'd say.
5. Meh. Nothing better to do! :D
1. It wouldn't be so rewarding to finish a map using a mod you requested for that specific map.
3. And with this request, consider how many people actually want it and compare it with those who think it's unnecessary. Is it a good decision to spend a few hours coding something that most people wouldn't even touch? What every programmer wants is to have their programs be used and enjoyed by a lot of people. No game developer would implement a feature if a lot of his players tell him that it's unnecessary.
4. botting = automation. As long as it comes with a fitting drawback, it's not a cheat. Anyone can still surpass the maximum score you can get with it.

deadbeat wrote:

me too, I think it has nothing to do with play count. But it's true that play count helps you get used to the system. Kind of like evolution.

BlackStat wrote:

Oh wow you guys are still here?

It's quite obvious that the Hp Drain is not going to be touched. The sake of slow parts in a map that will cause you to fail if you miss one beat are there on purpose, it's a well known mapping technique.
yes we are. And yes, ridiculous hp drain is a well known mapping technique. Someday he'll get used to it if he keeps playing.

ImmortalChibi wrote:

Okay, for REAL last post. This is for you, RagingBull in regards to:

Raging Bull wrote:

Try "When You Leave (NumaNuma) (Nightcore Mix)" by Alina Puscau, the Roddie's Hard (-Bakari-) difficulty. To make it even better, turn on SpunOut, the mod that is supposed to complete the spins for you and no others. Now play through the song, this challenge goes to anyone, and tell me that at no point your HP drops beyond your control to keep it up. Ever. That HP is 100% as long as your are swinging that clicker around.

Now it could be the map, it could be the drain, it could just be me in some way I guess I'm not hitting the buttons hard enough. BUT why run the risk of anything? Why not just a mod that fixes this issue? "Because it's not needed." Well this fucking game is not needed by the world, yet here we are all trying to enjoy it. :)
I'll try that map out later.

That was a bit overboard, btw. Let me just tell you that there might be at most 20 people in this entire community who's having the same issue as you. No one ever, through this game's 5 years of existence, complained about not having the skill to overcome a certain map's HP Drain. This is like blaming your art teacher that you couldn't draw. The biggest issue here is that you don't exert enough effort to gain the skill you're complaining about.
And btw, not everyone is just trying to enjoy this game. A lot of us actually enjoy this game and will continue enjoying it for the next few years.

/damn, got stuck at episode 5 of shinsekai yori
show more