forum

PS4 is confirmed to have no DRM (But online now has paywall)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ekaru
They're going over this right now on the press conference and the uproar is amazing.

They're basically going over each th- yeah, they just specifically mentioned "It won't stop working after 24 hours of no online". They're going after MS here. :P

...But online now has a paywall. You need PS+ for online. Balls. It's <$5 a month and you still get the instant game collection, though, so it's not really a deal breaker.

KinkiN
Good to hear?
Mara
399€ 399€ 399€

$399 $399 $399

oh wow I have to pay more for it, thanks Sony
Weez

Winners
Lust
Cheaper than xbox one lets go
Synchrostar
Mafiamaster
^ You made my night.
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Synchrostar wrote:

So beautiful. ;) *sniff sniff*
Hamuko
mathexpert
I've never been a PS fanboy (hell, I've never even owned a sony console) but holy shit, right now Sony is raping Microsoft hard.
Dieathan
I never really play online that much so I don't really mind the PS+ requirement for online multiplayer. I know Microsoft was kind of running itself into the ground with the Xbone, and the E3 conference wasn't helping their case that much, but way to go Sony.

You have officially won E3 this year. It kind of feels like backwards-E3 2006.
Professor Prinny
Well I think Sony made the best move of keeping silent and letting Microsoft get way over their heads and screwing themselves over.
deadbeat

Ekaru wrote:

lol. sounds about right xD

also seems like the PS4 is going to be a lot better then the X-Box one. might consider getting a PS4 at this rate :O
NoHitter
That video. I rewatched it ten times or so.
silmarilen

Mara wrote:

399€ 399€ 399€

$399 $399 $399

both xbox and ps did this, fuck you guys.
awp
as best as I can tell, the XBone isn't supposed to be a gaming console so there you go
Seibei4211
Except Microsoft totally thinks it is a gaming console since their entire E3 conference was just games. Would've been nice if they had thrown something into the conference that maybe would've implied the Xbone wasn't the biggest piece of shit ever.
Scarlet Devil_old_1

Mara wrote:

399€ 399€ 399€

$399 $399 $399

I thought it was 329€
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Nyanderson-kun wrote:

Mara wrote:

399€ 399€ 399€

$399 $399 $399

I thought it was 329€
Your'e thinking of pounds.
Alucard
The PS+ requirement is pretty reasonable.
Seibei4211
I pay for PS+ currently and it's not even required to grant me access to multiplayer. That won't even factor into my decision to continue paying for PS+ on the PS4. It's just such a good deal already without that benefit. I think that's what makes the difference between PS+ and Xbox Live going into the future.