forum

Xbox One is 499 USD/euros, 429 pounds (PS4 399 USD, 329lb)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Hika

Aoriki wrote:

I'm just going to add this here

stop i'm crying you guys
this one killed me
silmarilen
xbox none
lolcubes

silmarilen wrote:

xbox none

bmin11 wrote:

Xbox Gone

- O n i - wrote:

Xbox One?
more like...
SPOILER
Xbox Done
You guys made my day. Thanks.

:D

It's kinda silly to have either of those priced at the same number when it comes to € and ₤. I mean the difference is quite notable lol.
Topic Starter
Ekaru

lolcubes wrote:

It's kinda silly to have either of those priced at the same number when it comes to € and ₤. I mean the difference is quite notable lol.
Well yeah, that's why, as the title says, their euro and pound prices are different. :P
silmarilen
euro and dollar is still a big difference, its like 30% more expensive here
druidxd
It just bothers me a lot that people complain for the European market increased price, , you guys do know that everyone in south america who wants to buy a PS4 is going to have to pay about 700 US$ ? (approx 200 US$ more than in Europe, and 300 US$ more than in the US)
The same happened to PS3 and Xbox 360 when they launched, and that's why most of us couldn't afford it until the prices lowered to about 300 US$ in the US, and even then a PS3 cost about 650 US$ in Argentina for example... (3000 ARS)

Anyway, just gonna drop this right here

silmarilen
but europe is a whole different story than south america or whatever
deadbeat

druidxd wrote:

to me, that video is just a direct bash at the X-Box One \:D/
druidxd

silmarilen wrote:

but europe is a whole different story than south america or whatever
But it's still cheaper than most of the world excluding USA... that's my point.
Doodle99
499€?! They are twisted, no?
bmin11

I think this is kind of related regarding used games and all
Nyquill
Looks like xbone got xboned
awp

deadbeat wrote:

druidxd wrote:

to me, that video is just a direct bash at the X-Box One \:D/
so the PS4 is a PS2 but the controller finally changed

also isn't that what the PS3's original controller design kinda looked like
Pizzicato
Final scores
Xbox - 1
Playstation - 4

I really like the games featured on PS4. Kingdom hearts and FF XV for example
CoD on xbox... no.

related

Mogsy
The only thing that seems worthwhile at all on the xbone is Crimson Dragon. Maybe I'll try it out if a friend gets the console.

Otherwise, wow, what a shit show.
XPJ38

silmarilen wrote:

euro and dollar is still a big difference, its like 30% more expensive here
Not really. US prices are always displayed excl. VAT, while European prices always include taxes. So, quick calculation, supposing that VAT in the US is ~19%:

499*1.19 = 594 USD = 447 €.

If we add fees due to European customs and local laws, the price gets close to 499 €.
silmarilen

Nyquill wrote:

Looks like xbone got xboned

Vapor
it seems like xbox took 359 steps backwards..
Hika
So does that mean I'll still have to buy an Xbox One to play the upcoming Halo because that's just absurd. There is no way someone is paying me to play Halo 5 on an Xbox One. Vibration on the new controller maybe more responsive and more realistic (possibly more painful) but it's still not good enough to be paying 500$ for.
Lokovodo
worst thing about both xbox one and ps4 is that the new games are going to be 100$ USD which is just ridiculous. Who would pay 100$ for a video game?
Craig McNeil

Lokovodo wrote:

worst thing about both xbox one and ps4 is that the new games are going to be 100$ USD which is just ridiculous. Who would pay 100$ for a video game?
you would probably be surprised about how many people would pay that much just to play a video game
deadbeat
seems to me that the only think Xbox One has to offer is Halo 5, and as Hika said, not really worth getting for just the one game
Hika

deadbeat wrote:

seems to me that the only think Xbox One has to offer is Halo 5, and as Hika said, not really worth getting for just the one game
As long as we consumers are able to tell Microsoft indirectly (by not buying the product) that it sucks, they're probably going to consider making it for Xbox 360 and continue doing it until they go monopoly on us. Woooo.